• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

I've never read a good post here from someone with an anime avatar.

ndY6JjO.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
yall talking about Nav like it actually matters what he says.

how are the beats.

did Metro deliver? if he did then Nav could probably read the phonebook over it and it'll be hot.
They're good, nothing too crazy. Actually sounds a lot more like Mike WiLL in some places.

Anyone about to watch that Flying Lotus movie or nah
I saw it. It's...something else.

I feel like FlyLo was trying to make a deeper movie than what he ended up making. It's a very intentionally vague, intentionally scattered, and intentionally gross film. There's a lot of squelching, a lot of body horror and a lot of fucked up imagery. There is humor but a lot of it is hit or miss, and that too flits between sophomoric gags and funny references. All in all, is it worth experiencing? Unless you're a huge FlyLo fan or like body horror or just film oddities, probably not.

Hell, the only reason I went to the damn screening was because FlyLo was in attendance and I got a picture with him.

FZZ

Banned
Rest in peace to Chester :/

Was talking about LP like a or two week ago on here, shit is too surreal

Sup Gaf Hop

Just got approved and wanted my first post to be here.

Nas won

Jay Z cheated on Beyonce is still with her and is probably going to become a billionaire

Nas' best recent work has been a damn remix of a Future track that still hasn't been officially released yet

Icolin

Banned
Just watched the music video for Jay-Z's Bam. Nice references to the film The Tree of Life in some of the shots. Pretty dope video all around.

*SUNDAY MUSIC*

So The Alchemist and Budgie made another Good Book project. Out today!

FEATURING: Mobb Deep, Royce 5' 9, Westside Gunn & Conway, Mach Hommy, Meyhem Lauren, Durag Dynasty, Big Twins, Action Bronson, Big Body Bes, Your Old Droog, Evidence, Oliver The 2nd, Jeremiah Jae, Buddy, Emmavie, Chris O'Bannon, Jay Worthy, Traffic, Dreebo, Sulaiman, Nyku, Remy Banks, Chuck Inglish, Nasty Nigel, Joyce Wrice & Fatima

As with the first, it's one Alchemist album, and one Budgie album. Both made from gospel samples.

Few singles from Alchemist's disc:

Brother Jedidiah (Action Bronson, Big Body)
A Thousand Birds (Conway & Westside Gunn)
Try My Hand (Mobb Deep) <----------- Hallelujah this beat

*SUNDAY MUSIC*

beanman25

SZA had a second night added here in STL to finish her tour.

Got my meet and greet pass when they went on sale, and I'm so pumped!

*SUNDAY MUSIC*

So The Alchemist and Budgie made another Good Book project. Out today!

FEATURING: Mobb Deep, Royce 5' 9, Westside Gunn & Conway, Mach Hommy, Meyhem Lauren, Durag Dynasty, Big Twins, Action Bronson, Big Body Bes, Your Old Droog, Evidence, Oliver The 2nd, Jeremiah Jae, Buddy, Emmavie, Chris O'Bannon, Jay Worthy, Traffic, Dreebo, Sulaiman, Nyku, Remy Banks, Chuck Inglish, Nasty Nigel, Joyce Wrice & Fatima

As with the first, it's one Alchemist album, and one Budgie album. Both made from gospel samples.

Few singles from Alchemist's disc:

Brother Jedidiah (Action Bronson, Big Body)
A Thousand Birds (Conway & Westside Gunn)
Try My Hand (Mobb Deep) <----------- Hallelujah this beat

*SUNDAY MUSIC*

giphy.gif

I'm almost done with Creature!. I was worried about this before it came out because of Nitty's tracks leading up to this were dropping in quality in regards to flow and lyrics. This isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, but shit I don't fuck with it. Like other artists I followed she transitioned into adopting the style of the main populace with those copy and paste flows, auto-tune, and weak beats. It's not entirely bad, I do like the beat on "La Diaspora", thought "Sara Baartman" was okay, the actual verses on "Write!" were decent and contained a couple of notable lyrics: "I like men and girls too. No, I ain't confused I like them both." I'm glad she added that. Some negroes be saying bisexual women are immature or don't know what they want. Had a couple of friends in college who used to say that shit.

Nitty Scott MC made some great shit before, but this isn't it. I also noticed she dropped the MC part from her name. I guess that makes sense since there's not much emceeing on this album.

5/10.

Fjordson

Pleasantly surprised by the new Tyler. I've always enjoyed the lighter, more melodic version of him and this album seems like mostly that. Has some really nice production.

Koozek

Pleasantly surprised by the new Tyler. I've always enjoyed the lighter, more melodic version of him and this album seems like mostly that. Has some really nice production.
Oh, will check it out then. I mainly like his Neptunes/Pharrell/N.E.R.D.-like stuff.

I would change my avatar to something else but I don't have any new or interesting ideas

kinda like nav

edit: wait

WAIT

I PUT NAS INSTEAD OF NAV EARLIER?

WHAT A CRITICAL ERROR

nav doesn't deserve to be 1 letter away from nas

Fjordson

Yoo where your ass been the past few months
New job + move. Good stuff in the long run, but haven't been browsing GAF as much lol (save for the NBA thread)

Also haven't been listening to a lot of new music these last few months, but I'm trying to catch up.

Koozek

It's basically that save for maybe one song. The production is really soulful with some beautiful melodies.
Okay damn, halfway through and this is smooth as hell. Really creative, nice production.

EDIT: Whew, the remake of this Dilla beat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3Fe3QBBzcQ

I would change my avatar to something else but I don't have any new or interesting ideas

kinda like nav

edit: wait

WAIT

I PUT NAS INSTEAD OF NAV EARLIER?

WHAT A CRITICAL ERROR

nav doesn't deserve to be 1 letter away from nas
Here's one just for you:

vyvmfbp.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom