• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the worst game currently in your possession?

I was looking at my shelves for something new to play and I saw my copy of Yakuza Dead Souls. I got it knowing fully well it was a bit of a dud, just so I did my bit in the "Bring Yakuza back to the west" campaign that was so hot back then.

Even though I'm using Yakuza DS for exposition, it's possibly not the worst game I have right now, I'm sure my Steam library has some horrible things out of Humble Bundles and the suchlikes. Still, what's the worst game that you knowingly own?

Yu Furealdo

Titanfall 2. A lot of people love it, but I felt like the MP aspect was a massive downgrade and that the SP was just alright.

It's not a terrible game... it's just that I really like the rest of my collection.

TheHullk

Neo Member
I would have said Rust but I managed to refund it. So I’ll say Shadow of Modor. Most repetitive and dull game I’ve played. Took the formula of the Arkham games and added nothing apart from an overrated nemesis system.

Airola

I've got insane amounts of garbage on my Steam and Wii U eShop library.

From physical titles, I'd say from newer games Game Party Champions and Rabbids Land on Wii U are pretty much the bottom of the barrel.

From older titles I have at least a gem called Dash Galaxy on the NES. I'm sure there are worse than that on my C64 collection though, say like something on the Cascade 50 game tape which is pretty much the Action 52 of C64. I would play all of them much more gladly than Game Party Champions though.

That's a tough question... Apart from steam games and things I've gotten in humble bundles, maybe the worst game I've bought was The Conduit for the Wii? I bought it because of all the hype day 1, and was quite disappointed. Price of the game plummeted within the month as well :(

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Hard copy: quake 4

Digital: i dunno probably some gwg or ps plus crap. Will check later

xviper

The last guardian, this will go down as one of the worst games ever made in my opinion

next is Infamous second son and Thief(2014)

i paid full price for these bile of shit and i couldn't finish them due to how horrible they are

i also own Hellblade which is by far the worst game i have ever completed, and the only reason i finished it is because of the easy platinum trophy

rmatheso

WCW: Backstage Assault for the PS1.

I keep it as it was the only videogame I worked on as a Video Assistant during an internship.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
Probably Final Fantasy XII, but that's a very personal opinion.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Answers in this are not necessarily bad games.
Because some people own no bad games.

Mooreberg

Prey
(and I'm not trolling)
Which one? I have been playing the new one on PC the past couple of weeks. The combat and skill tree are appalling. Great environments, but the game itself is hugely underwhelming.

As for worst game I own - Battlefield 4 is the least a game has ever "worked" that I paid full price for. Easily the worst launch title experience I have ever encountered.

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
latest

I keep it.....to remind me of the mistakes of my past

It's right next to this

Devil_May_Cry_3_boxshot.jpg

it reminds me that I have the power to change, to grow a new, and so do you

Worst game that I paid for is Mass Effect Andromeda.

Final Fantasy XIII-3 is a close runner up but part of me feels like if I gave that game 2-3 hours I'd like it (I love XIII and like XIII-2). Plus I only paid like $15 for that while I paid full price for MEA.

RavageX

Danganronpa 2

I STILL DON'T GET WHY EVERYONE LIKES IT OVER THE FIRST ONE

I have to agree with you, I was pretty disappointed with it and haven't been interested in 3 because of it.

Worse game in my collection that I recall is Mass Effect Andromeda. Not really a bad one....just the worst I can remember right now.

Ish77

Neo Member
Star Wars: Battlefront. I still regret making the purchase. BF2 seems to be better - but I’m not sure if I should take the plunge, and possibly make the same mistake.

ZoukGalaxy

Which one? I have been playing the new one on PC the past couple of weeks. The combat and skill tree are appalling. Great environments, but the game itself is hugely underwhelming.
The new one from Arkane (PS4).
I think I was expecting too much. I was hoping for a kind of mix from Dishonored/Bioshock/Dead Space/Half Life. I was so convinced (I love space) by trailers and infos from here and there, I just bought the game when it was out at full price (I never do that).
Sadly, it was honestly -for me- a full mess and a very bad experience: heavy bugs, boring/tedious gameplay and inappropriate difficulty peaks. I hated this game. I have been so dissapointed... and angry.
About bugs: heavy crash closing the game, long loading screen (when you die...), VERY poor sound mix (too loud or too quiet musics with inaudible voices at the same time "what did he say ???") and one thing especially disturbing me is the sound positioning: you are in a room with a sound blowing your ears (like a motor or anything), then you go through a door wide open and the sound just dissapear suddenly !?
Also, sometimes a sound seems to come from somewhere and it is at the exact opposite direction and you just start to panic when this comes from an enemy transforming. This is so immersion breaking especially with an 7.1 headphone.
Beside this, indeed, the environmment is very compelling and invite to explore and is overall a nice setting (and it started good, I loved the apartment intro) but bugs and gameplay was too much for me.
This is why it is actually my worst game this year even if I can feel the potential the game had... and wasted.

Maybe like I read somwhere: this game is out of its time ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Narroo

Hm, I do own Devil May Cry 2. But, as far as non-shovelware games in my possession that weren't part of a bundle:

Tail Concerto. I was 10 years old, it was $10 Dollars, and it gave me unlimited disappointment.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
When I was a kid, my dad bought me Superman 64.

I never asked for this, dad. :(

MrDwels

Neo Member
Worst game that I currently own and purposely bought was Mafia 3.
I really wanted it to be good. The cutscenes and the story were really intriguing and the narrative was set up like a True Crime documentary, but the gameplay was really bad. Anything that wasn't a setpiece fell flat.

Discusguy

Horizon. Got it on the cheap because everyone was raving about it. Game just wasn’t fun. Not even the robo dinosaurs helped to keep the interest going.

Top Bottom