• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Men - Season 5 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koodo

Banned
I want Betty to get kicked in the face.
What did you say?

iblytjYsV0G1GV.gif

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Wow, Sally and Glenn have grown a ton. I wonder if there will be a huge time jump to accommodate.

EDIT: Since the time jumps from the previous seasons have (all?) been over 12 months, I actually don't think a larger than normal jump is needed. Irl, it's been what, 17 months since season 4? So with the amount of time that's elapsed in real life, it almost makes it 1 to 1 with the show.

GQman2121

Banned
The new EW explains why January Jones is going to be even more limited this season......

She got knocked up while filming X-Men at the end of 2010' and was full on preggers when filming started on Season 5 of Mad Men. She'll still play a role at some point, but it will likely be the later episodes of the season. I just hope that it doesn't mean less Sally. I'm actually hopeful that Megan's new position will mean more scenes of the kids with Don.

The new EW explains why January Jones is going to be even more limited this season......

She got knocked up while filming X-Men at the end of 2010' and was full on preggers when filming started on Season 5 of Mad Men. She'll still play a role at some point, but it will likely be the later episodes of the season. I just hope that it doesn't mean less Sally. I'm actually hopeful that Megan's new position will mean more scenes of the kids with Don.

yeah thats what i figured

i seen the preggers set photos

she looking fit again

GQman2121

Banned
We're still holding out hope that Sal makes a return this season, right? I mean, the Lucky account is dead and gone, so why not?

Sapiens

Because SCDP already has an art director. Why would Sal walk into a demotion?

I'll put money on a small Sal cameo at some point between now and season 7.

It will be one of two things:

i) Sal working in television
ii) Sal blowing a dude that Peggy is really into.

I'll put money on a small Sal cameo at some point between now and season 7.

It will be one of two things:

i) Sal working in television
ii) Sal blowing a dude that Peggy is really into.
I agree, I think we'll see a brief but satisfying Sal cameo similar to the minor ones we've gotten from Rachel in S2, Smitty at CGC (during "The Chrysanthemum and The Sword") and Midge in S4's penultimate episode. But he won't return to work for Don - it makes no sense.

I agree, I think we'll see a brief but satisfying Sal cameo similar to the minor ones we've gotten from Rachel in S2, Smitty at CGC (during "The Chrysanthemum and The Sword") and Midge in S4's penultimate episode. But he won't return to work for Don - it makes no sense.

Unless he's directing commercials for him.

Rookje

yeah thats what i figured

i seen the preggers set photos

she looking fit again
They actually asked her to gain weight for the show when Betty was preggers, but she couldn't gain anything. Even after/during her pregnancy she didn't seem to gain much weight.

Dem genetics.

Got to meet Jared Harris tonight, came in to the bar I work at for live band Heavy Metal karaoke then hung out all night, really cool guy.

1bdbfb886fdc11e198961rtv8d.jpg

Dude was belting Whiskey in the Jar.

I hope Glen walks in on Betty taking a dump again. Mad Men S5 better not disappoint in Glen creepiness.

Glen is the hidden star of this show

We're still holding out hope that Sal makes a return this season, right? I mean, the Lucky account is dead and gone, so why not?

I think Don burned those bridges and we'll never see Sal again. I personally loved Sal and would love to see him come back and stir up some controversy. But I have little hope

I'M SO HYPED FOR THIS SEASON PREMIERE

Watching "Summer Man" - Faye's "Go shit in the ocean!" is excellent as is Peggy and Joan's conversation in the elevator after Joey gets fired.

One week to go.

Jeels

No offense but I don't see what is so compelling about Sal other than he's a
closet gay
. There are much more compelling
gay
characters in the show like
Joan's apartment roomate Carol, Peggy's new journalist friend, Joyce, and the European Kurt Smith, an openly gay character and a fun friend for Peggy
. I would rather we get a new
gay
male than Sal again. I see absolutely nothing compelling about the character, and see no benefit story wise from his returning.

Holy shit. This is next Sunday?

I will be in a Game of Thrones/Mad Men heaven simultaneously.

Based Time Warner, I apologize for ever complaining about your ridiculous rates. I will still cancel as soon as Game ends, though.

Rewatched the whole season myself yesterday. Even better than I remembered it. Exemplary the entire way through.
Yeah, definitely. I remembered The Suitcase as something of a high point given that it's been discussed to death, but in rewatching the whole season has been great so far.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.

Based Time Warner, I apologize for ever complaining about your ridiculous rates. I will still cancel as soon as Game ends, though.

I know it is godly Sundays for a bit. Plus Eastbound and Down too airing.

master15

Just marathoned through Season 4 in last two days as I thought the premire was this weekend. D'oh. Maybe I'll rewatch some of my favourite episodes of first three seasons in preperation of this.

Arment

Mad Men on the 25th, Game of Thrones on the 1st.

Sundays have been amazing for a while. Once Upon a Time, Walking Dead, Luck, House of Lies, Eastbound and Down and Shameless. I love them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom