• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man: Homecoming trailer 3

PsychBat!

Banned
Better than the second trailer. Anyone else notice that they fixed Spidey's eyes? In the teaser, they looked like they were sticking to Tom's face. Like it was indented.

Spinluck

I said this before but whilst I first I enjoyed the idea of Tony being in it it's kinda hilarious how this is the one Marvel character they absolutely don't need to put RDJ in as much to still be a fuckin monumental success

seeing how far they go with the suit I now wish they hadn't gone this route tbh

They really want people to understand that Spidey is in that universe now.

They like REALLY want people to realize this lol.

Sesha

Still not feeling the trailers. So far the most interesting footage has been the scenes of Ned and totallynotMJIswear.

cqAgZqq.png

He's part of the PC master race, too.

Not sure what that is in the lower right hand corner, though.

Yahtzee finally made it to the big time. I wonder how he will feel. Publicly dismissive while secretly a little pleased, I bet.

Seesaw15

I don't see a plausible non-copout scenario where he decides it's better to just wear cloth rather than having a fuck ton of gadgets after already having used them

I mean I'm sure he'll keep some basic tech but the scene with the AI telling Peter about the 576 web shooter combinations seems to hint that he'll go" less is more" at the end of the day.

why doesn't every avenger have a retractable parachute

why is this bothering so much godammit movie don't raise these questions

Real question is why doesn't Stark just build him an iron man suit?

Oh thanks you went through all this trouble and now I can only go down while I have to fight someone who can fucking fly thanks a lot you rich manchild goddammit

ZeoVGM

Banned
Okay, I'm sold now. Looks good.

How many movies until this reverts to Sony and they fuck it all up again?

The contract goes up through Homecoming 2 in 2019. So he'll be in this, 2018's Avengers: Infinity War, 2019's Avengers 4 and Homecoming 2 just two months after that.

But they'll extend the contract so I wouldn't worry.

(And honestly, Sony Pictures might not be a thing at that point anyway.)

ZeoVGM

Banned
Real question is why doesn't Stark just build him an iron man suit?

Oh thanks you went through all this trouble and now I can only go down while I have to fight someone who can fucking fly thanks a lot you rich manchild goddammit

I think they missed the perfect opportunity to use the Iron Spider suit here. It would have been a nice tie-in to the Civil War story, help the movie stand out even more from previous Spider-Man films and would be more impactful when Peter throws it in Tony's face at the end.

Plus, fans would geek out seeing that thing in live action.

Cuburt

I think they missed the perfect opportunity to use the Iron Spider suit here. It would have been a nice tie-in to the Civil War story, help the movie stand out even more from previous Spider-Man films and would be more impactful when Peter throws it in Tony's face at the end.

Considering the direction they seem to be taking the suit in this film, the Iron Spider suit would have been perfect for emphasizing it being a sort of Iron Man-like suit with all the bells and whistles that suit Tony's personality more than Peter's. The robotic arms are also a great examples of excesses of the suit that Peter just can't handle or doesn't need.

If the story does indeed go along the predicted route of "Peter decides to go his own way and stop using super Starktech suit", I wouldn't be surprised to see something like the Iron Spider. Like, just as Peter is starting to have second thoughts and want to distance himself from Tony, Tony is like "well, I've got an upgrade!" and shows off the new suit and Peter is finally decides it's too much. I dunno, could happen. But I'm no writer.

I'm a bit worried about Peter's witty dialogue. The whole Empire Strikes Back exchange in Civil War made my skin crawl. I always thought I wanted a "funny" Spider-man like in the comics but the more I see of that reality the more I kinda prefer Raimi Spider-man.

I'm a bit worried about Peter's witty dialogue. The whole Empire Strikes Back exchange in Civil War made my skin crawl. I always thought I wanted a "funny" Spider-man like in the comics but the more I see of that reality the more I kinda prefer Raimi Spider-man.

Why? Have you ever talked to a teen as an adult? That's how it is

Metal B

Yahtzee finally made it to the big time. I wonder how he will feel. Publicly dismissive while secretly a little pleased, I bet.
I don't know, do you want to be known for giving people a superior complex in the image of Nazi Germany ideals. Especially since it was mean to be a joke and the complete opposite (making fun of the superior complex of PC gamers).
So i bet he has mixed feelings ...

Metalmarc

Loved the international trailer better especially the beginning part where peter was excitedly filming himself during civil war

Marvel gone full on with the humour aspect, it's been laced on wayyyyy too thick. Movie looks like total and utter shit, not made any better by Iron Man being there. Hope it's a 5 minute cameo and that's it, if Spider-man has his teeth knocked out early on to stop with the quips, might give me some hope for this.

Seesaw15

I think Spidey dialogue done well means Peter comes off more obnxious/annoying than clever.

Though who doesn't love Tobey Maguire yelling "Here's your change!" as he hurls a bag of silver dollars at Doc Ock.

How cool would it be if Spider-Man was in the Marvel Universe? So cool...
Man, why do they have to shove Iron Man into every movie? Hyping up how this is in the Marvel Universe... Lame.

Man, people are hard to please.

Sojgat

"Enough with all the damn quips, you wall crawling buffoon!!"

Now you all know how his villains feel lol.

It's perfect.

Slaythe

In the incredibly, mind-numbingly busy poster.

There's a line of dialogue in Civil War that suggests this iteration of the series starts off post Ben dying. Which I think is smart.

They have millions of dollars, why the fuck can't they hire proper artists ?

This poster is shameful.

The contract goes up through Homecoming 2 in 2019. So he'll be in this, 2018's Avengers: Infinity War, 2019's Avengers 4 and Homecoming 2 just two months after that.

But they'll extend the contract so I wouldn't worry.

(And honestly, Sony Pictures might not be a thing at that point anyway.)

God willing

Top Bottom