• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twisted Metal Demo Impressions

Smidget

Anyway to get the matchmaking to work? I see a lot of people having issues but some people getting on, wonder what the secret is. I have NAT Type 2...

Anyway to get the matchmaking to work? I see a lot of people having issues but some people getting on, wonder what the secret is. I have NAT Type 2...

I don't think that there's a secret. You mainly just luck out. Jaffe just tweeted that they're sitll working on getting everything sorted out

Hey! Been in great meetings all day- but could not reach out. We hear u on matchmaking- heading home2get update- will tweet what I find out.

http://twitter.com/davidscottjaffe/status/164815898383876098

AZ2002

Banned
hey david,

what a great game thanx to you and the guys for this amazing game, day1 for me :). but i have a question regarding the special ram using the sixaxis as you know us old schoolers cant get used to it.couldnt you map it also to the L3 or another button in addition to the sixaxis.

cheers

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Never played this franchise before, my first impression doing the tutorial is that there are a lot of buttons to learn.
Special moves in the original were button combinations like a fighting game. Haven't gotten around to playing the latest version but I thought they simplified it.

Shadybiz

Nice, just won the Challenge match using Outlaw. It really is all about being aware of your radar, and isolating opponents. Remembering to use mines when being chased is important too, and of course knowing where the health packs are.

Hey- bout to jump into a live video chat with SONYRUMORS at 3:30 CA/PACIFIC time.

It's live so if you wanna jump in and chat Twisted, ask questions, etc. please join us! :)

http://tinychat.com/sonyrumors

Hope to see some of ya'll soon!

David

I'll be there, but if you read this here: Any news of avatar support? Would be cool if after getting a platinum u unlock a Sweet Tooth avatar, or even just good old paid Avatars?

prwxv3

I just played four games of death match and was the winner for all of them. I had double the amount of kills compared to the person in second.

Hyuga

Banned
Finally I could play it.
This REALLY is Twisted Metal, baby!

But David..... if you're ever going to release a Twisted Metal game without a singleplayer mode (story mode) .... I will hunt you!!!! ;)

(I play/love/buy it for the singleplayer mode!!)

Kaizer

Banned
So I like how the first two times I played against A.I., I got my ass severly kicked. Third time I got in 2 kills but still ultimately lost. I was thinking "damn this is hard as hell".

First time I play online: I manage to be the top scorer three games in a row, lol. I switched the controls to "Race Mode" and it's been smooth sailing for me now, it's all about the tight turns. I've yet to start using the D-Pad options like Freeze though. Never played Twisted Metal before but man, if the other ones were anything like this, I've been missing out - this is amazingly fun and frantic.

Type2

Hey- bout to jump into a live video chat with SONYRUMORS at 3:30 CA/PACIFIC time.

It's live so if you wanna jump in and chat Twisted, ask questions, etc. please join us! :)

David
Im really loving the twisted demo my roommates and I were taking turns with the single and multiplayer last night for hours. After listening to last weeks weekend confirmed my hype for this game is overflowing. Based on how much shit talking there was last night with one controller im thrilled you took the time to focus on the couch co-op.
I do feel like the controls might too complicated to get my non twisted metal fan friends involved though. The racing control setup has our general consensus around the house.

Has the option ever come to mind to include a casual controller set up for newbies? Id like to get some friends into the carnage then just talk about how racing controls are awesome and snob them into learning it after they get into the game :p

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member

David

So in there David. Love that they're using Tinychat. Some of us gaffers have tinychat rooms. They are great places to chat between the video chat and text chat.

Jtrizzy

Yeah, I'd like to see anything that involves shaking or tilting the controller remapped or removed. I like the controls otherwise, although I agree that it might be helpful to create a simplified control set for more casual gamers.

This isn't going to be available for digital download by chance is it?

Kapow

I keep getting destroyed by the AI but i'm still having fun with it. I've played about 6 or 7 single player matches now and I still haven't killed a single guy. Hopefully when I get a chance to jump online eveyone else will be as bad as I am.

Grinchy

Banned
I did the training and it felt so damn good. I just drove around for like 20 minutes checking out the weapons and looking for the secret areas and stuff. Then, I couldn't connect to any games online.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Finally I could play it.
This REALLY is Twisted Metal, baby!

But David..... if you're ever going to release a Twisted Metal game without a singleplayer mode (story mode) .... I will hunt you!!!! ;)

(I play/love/buy it for the singleplayer mode!!)

theres a full story mode

Ploid 3.0

I'll be there, but if you read this here: Any news of avatar support? Would be cool if after getting a platinum u unlock a Sweet Tooth avatar, or even just good old paid Avatars?

After playing the demo last night I went to the store to search for a TM avatar :(

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
Gotta say loving the chat. David got Justin who's big in the Q&A and they're both answering some good questions. I love seeing him calling out trolls.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So how much longer before guest stars? The way games have been doing cameos, I wouldn't be surprised to see Kratos show up.

So how much longer before guest stars? The way games have been doing cameos, I wouldn't be surprised to see Kratos show up.

I'd be surprised if that happened. Fans would be pretty pissed if any guest characters popped up before some fan favorites.

Wow. Jaffe listened! I requested Rob Zombie's tracks make in from TM3 and TM4 even though those games arent counted by elitists (TM3 is my favorite PSOne game).

So good listening to Dragula and More Human Than Human! :D

Teknoman

Game and OST are insanely awesome so far, but I can see what Jett was talking about with the controls. Its alot to take in at once for newcomers, and still sort of iffy to remember once you know the controls in the heat of a fight.

Top Bottom