• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The World Ends With You - Solo Remix (iPhone/iPad) announced [Out Now]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

Brian Gray ‏@brilingual
But I'm not dumb. You were expecting something else. I think the iOS release will make you happy in the end. That's all I have to say.
I'm getting conflicting messages here.

First he says he's not dumb. Then he says dumb things.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Naah, the sequel would be on 3DS with the first one battle stytem, and all. I'm pretty sure about this. And after many years, Square will release TWEWY2 Solo Remix on iOS.

Strange it's not on Android.
It's not unusual for Android ports to be late for smartphone games since there are so many more devices to make compatibility for.

Also, what makes you so sure of the first part? We're definitely seeing an increase in effort for iOS on Square Enix's part. This is one of their first games that isn't a straight port.

plc268

I don't generally mind that Square charges a premium compared to other iOS games. HOWEVER, if you have the balls to charge $18/$20 it better be a fucking universal version with cloud saves allowing you to easily switch between the iphone and ipad.

But it's not, and just proves how Square just doesn't understand iOS sometimes.

✔ Tweetify

AH FUCK

ALm4W.gif

Social networking integration would be perfect for a sequel. But a fake one, not this. Not like this!

Sophia

Yeah, the visuals look like trash. They remind me of those MegaMan iOS jank Capcom's shitting out.

Let's not get carried away now.... This is merely DS visuals run through a shitty filter. Nothing is close to that abomination that Capcom is putting out.

Mr. Hyde

18$? Ehhh... I ordered it for NDS through Amazon a couple of days ago for $20.00 and it will be shipping in a few days. I think I will enjoy it more on my 3ds XL than using one screen.

GeekyDad

I have never played this game but would like to try it, dunno about £13 though, not for something I am unsure about.

Well, it's impossible to recommend this version, as none of us have played it. But if you have a DS or 3DS, definitely do yourself a favor and find a copy.

Seda

https://twitter.com/brilingual

Brian Gray said:
So here it is, and I stand by what I've tweeted: http://www.square-enix.co.jp/subarashiki-solo-remix/en/ . To those worried gameplay was watered down/discarded to get this on iOS—no way. Everything, EVERYTHING has a competent or better analogue. The concept of "trust your partner" and how it ties into gameplay is fully intact too. It looks and plays really, freaking great. But I'm not dumb. You were expecting something else. I think the iOS release will make you happy in the end. That's all I have to say.

The game cost 40$ when it was released 5 years ago. The DS version is (new) available for 20$ by now and the "enhanced" edition doesn't look enhanced in any meaningful way. It actually cuts one of the more defining aspects of the game.

Yeah but then WHY is 20$ too much for the game on another device. I can understand that some don't like the new stuff. But it is a valid price from an objective standpoint, isn't it?

CronoShot

So if people don't end up buying this, we'll never get a TWEWY 2.

And if people do end up buying this, we'll get TWEWY 2 iOS exclusive.

Fucking Square.

DMB4237

Neo Member
Was really secretly hoping for a TWEWY anime (lol sequel) but oh well...

Man, it's funny in an ironic sort of way thinking of all those people that bought TWEWY in anticipation for this announcement

✔ Redrawn art and Retina display support
Enjoy the game in full HD on your Retina-enabled iPhone 4 or later device. Art and animation across the game has been redrawn just for this release, making combat a beautiful experience. This is how all 2D classics should look.

imgLarge23.jpg

2San

I have never played the game. What is actually the problem here? The battle mode? From what I saw on the DS they never could've implemented the same control scheme to the IOS. Why are all these people hating on it?

Sophia

Enjoy the game in full HD on your Retina-enabled iPhone 4 or later device. Art and animation across the game has been redrawn just for this release, making combat a beautiful experience. This is how all 2D classics should look.

imgLarge23.jpg

The pause button is over the boss's HP bar? lol...

duckroll

Yeah but then WHY is 20$ too much for the game on another device. I can understand that some don't like the new stuff. But it is a valid price from an objective standpoint, isn't it?

Sure, it's a valid price in the sense that it's a free market and anyone can set any price for any product. Consumers also have expectations of what they are willing to pay for something. If a price is deemed too high for the majority of consumers, then the product won't sell.

Haunted

imgLarge23.jpg
what the fuck am I looking at here

I actually had to go to the site to check if you hadn't fucked with that screen to make a point or something.

The battle system has been neutered, the music sounds terrible, the game looks cheapened, there are no meaningful content additions, and you get this all for a ridiculously high price. Wonderful.

It is, but the game hasn't added anything. Its not gotten better and the functions of two screen battles have removed (does anyone actually believe enough work has been done on this to ensure that this actually fits the gameplay or works?).

If this were TWEWY2 and it was iOS exclusive...yeah price is amazing. But its not. Its the lesser game; and I don't see the point in developing for iOS at console prices as iOS has less functions.

I'd pay that price for the eshop game - no troubles! So it is different.

Great, I ordered a copy last week from Amazon before the teaser countdown. Fuck.

Do you guys think the original will still be the superior version?

A week long countdown for an iPhone game is insane. Also knew it wa going to be something like this square would never pull the trigger on a sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom