• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft adds Phil Spencer to its 16 member Senior Leader Team

Microsoft is adding another of its executives to its Senior Leadership Team (SLT) of top internal advisers in a move that indicates gaming is increasingly important to the future of the company.

Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella is informing employees today, September 19, that Phi Spencer -- who is now Executive Vice President of Gaming at Microsoft -- to the SLT. Microsoft's SLT now has 16 members, including Nadella.
more at the link

DKGiqggWsAA9ADm.jpg:large
Senior Leadership Team

for all those, who are still in doubt Gaming is important for Microsoft going forward into the future...

Gestault

Just lulling him into a false sense of security so they can liquidate the Xbox division. Any day now. /s

(Very well deserved. Wish him the best.)

They are just putting him there to make him look like the good guy.
/s

Congrats to Phil, he has made great things for xbox. We need more games, though.

Maybe this will mean Phil has some more power to put money into first part development. With Xbox One X pre orders seemingly good, we can a good that's the case.

SiteSeer

gotta keep microsoft relevant for the kids. but a promotion is a promotion, congrats guy i've never met or know anything about.

Jumeira

Banned
Amazing to see, hes turned Xbox around, just need the games (which are coming based on chatter).

Great ideas, the fans are fond of him. Well done Phil

gotta keep microsoft relevant for the kids. but a promotion is a promotion, congrats guy i've never met or know anything about.

just play destiny 2 on Xbox One and you have a very high chance of meeting him "personally"
or just visit E3 and other Xbox events...

my personal Microsoft hero tho, is Amy Hood

Trago

Maybe this will mean Phil has some more power to put money into first part development. With Xbox One X pre orders seemingly good, we can a good that's the case.

I think this has more to do with Microsoft being more serious about pushing their services. Gaming is a major pillar of that, so having Phil among the other high-ups is a no brainer.

Now how they plan on getting more people to take advantage of their services on Windows is another thing entirely. UWP is still frowned upon for good reason.

TDLink

I don't think anyone doubted gaming is important for MS. Just that investing in exclusives/first party studios and hardware in the future is going to likely fall by the wayside in lieu of a service games-focused strategy.

Trago

I don't think anyone doubted gaming is important for MS. Just that investing in exclusives/first party studios and hardware in the future is going to likely fall by the wayside in lieu of a service games-focused strategy.

I doubt that they'll stop with hardware anytime soon.

NolbertoS

Surprise move, but I don't have confidence in Phil making the gaming division a profit booster for years to come, unless he think MS Xbox Division as a publisher of assets and software generate more revenue, rather than hardware dealer. Didn't Kaz also start in the Playstation division?? At least Kaz made the brand the market leader again and enjoy robust growth, compared to Spencer's tenure.

leeh

I very much think a lot of people thought that 😂

Congrats Phil. Just goes to show that in this generation, you can still stay at a company your whole life and get treated well.

AmyS

Congrats Phil. Happy for you.

I'm so looking forward to the XB1X Scorpio Edition that I pre-ordered, and in the longer term, any future Xbox console in the early 2020s.

Being a fan of the entire industry is so much fun.

Top Bottom