• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your favorite version of similar DC/Marvel characters?

LordRaptor

Thinking about it there's a lame Wolverine villain who has limited telepathy to read every move before an opponent makes who would be a Midnighter counterpart, but I'm drawing a blank on his name, because his name is super generic like "Mr Big" or "Number One" or something

Slayven

Thinking about it there's a lame Wolverine villain who has limited telepathy to read every move before an opponent makes who would be a Midnighter counterpart, but I'm drawing a blank on his name, because his name is super generic like "Mr Big" or "Number One" or something

Mr.X

Slayven

Remember DC's Wolverine

487696-timwolf1.jpg

tkscz

I always liked Steel more than Ironman, that includes liking Natasha more than Riri.

Also like Bronze Tiger more than Black Panther

Slayven

I always liked Steel more than Ironman, that includes liking Natasha more than Riri.

Also like Bronze Tiger more than Black Panther

Other then being black and having cat names they don't have much in common. Black Panther has more in common with Geo-Force. Including ruling a country and having a pain in the ass sister

Ogodei

Iron Man's equivalent is Steel. Batman's is either Captain America or Daredevil (Captain America if you're looking at Batman in a Justice League context, Daredevil if you're looking at Batman in a city-protecting-vigilante context)

LordRaptor

I say he's more like Sgt. Rock than Sarge Steel

Sgt Rock for the wartime fighting, Sarge Steel for quasi-governmental oversight of superhuman threats for steranko era Fury

Batman's is either Captain America or Daredevil (Captain America if you're looking at Batman in a Justice League context, Daredevil if you're looking at Batman in a city-protecting-vigilante context)

Or Moon Knight for rich kid with fancy gadgets and an obvious personality disorder
Steven Grant = Bruce Wayne
Jake Lockley = Matches Malone

tkscz

Other then being black and having cat names they don't have much in common. Black Panther has more in common with Geo-Force. Including ruling a country and having a pain in the ass sister

Feats mostly was what I was thinking. Both are known has one of the best hand to hand combatants in their respective universe. With Bronze Tiger taken out top tire assassins including Deathstroke and taken out heroes like Batman and Black Panther taking out Cap and Deadpool, just as examples. Plus come one, we both know Brozen Tiger is a bit of a copy of Black Panther.

Ogodei

I was a big fan of DC vs Marvel crossover event when i was little, so i take their comparisons as gospel (even if there might be better matchups in there)

Superman vs Hulk (probably the least applicable, just about pairing off the heaviest of heavy-hitters, since Sentry is a better match for Superman)
Captain Marvel vs Thor
Flash vs Quicksilver
Aquaman vs Namor
Robin vs Jubilee
Superboy (Kon El) vs Spiderman
Wonder Woman vs Storm (mehh, Sersi's right there on the Marvel side, or Ms. Marvel, but the crossover predated her rise to real prominence as Marvel's attempted premier superheroine)
Batman vs Captain America
Lobo vs Wolverine
Green Lantern vs Silver Surfer
Catwoman vs Elektra

Other pairs i've considered over the years:

Martian Manhunter v. Vision
Stargirl vs Miss Marvel (either Carol or Kamala depending on the era)
Dr. Light II (Kimiyo) vs Captain Marvel II (Monica)
Shining Knight vs Black Knight (duh)
Silver Sorceress vs Scarlet Witch (Silver Sorceress was deliberately made as a Wanda knockoff on DC's part)
Red Tornado vs Human Torch I
Human Torch II vs Firestorm.

For a *lot* of the major characters you can find someone on the other side who's a fair equivalent, often because of blatant copycatting.

Iron Man's equivalent is Steel. Batman's is either Captain America or Daredevil (Captain America if you're looking at Batman in a Justice League context, Daredevil if you're looking at Batman in a city-protecting-vigilante context)

Iron Man and Steel, I can see. Batman? No. None of that works.

Green Arrow>Hawkeye
Batgirl>Elektra
Wildfire>Chamber
Chameleon Boy>Morph
Saturn Girl > Jean Grey
Deathstroke>Deadpool
Darkseid>Thanos
Aquaman>Namor

Scarlet Witch >Zatana
Thunderbolt Ross >Sam Lane
Ant-Man>The Atom
Pete Wisdom >Constantine

Malyse

Actually, Wonder Woman and Jane Thor would be an amazing comic. I wish DC and Marvel would do the thing that DC is doing with JLA and Looney Tunes.

LordRaptor

Fantastic Four was a take on DC's Challengers of the Unknown.

Yeah, I know, but were a bit more successful with the formula by adding super powers, and arguably the "team of freaks" thing is better associated with the X Men than the FF

Rvaan

Banned
Actually, Wonder Woman and Jane Thor would be an amazing comic. I wish DC and Marvel would do the thing that DC is doing with JLA and Looney Tunes.
I'd ve be down for that. The WW/Taz comic was pretty alright. The Batman/Fudd one looks dope too.

Shoeless

I know they're not quite in the same exact league, but I've always preferred what Kirby did with DC's New Gods, versus what he did for Marvel's Eternals. Things just got way more cosmic and the mythology appealed to me more with the New Gods as replacements for the Old Gods, versus the whole thing with Celestials in the Marvel universe and how the Eternals related to them.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Not Marvel or DC but All Might from My Hero Academia is a better Superman than Superman at this point.

Top Bottom