• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PaRappa the Rapper told me to drop dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjinaz

Personally I think the hateful comments on his FB page are almost just as bad as any poor behavior on Dred's part. But that's the internet for you. OP did the right thing by making it public, you don't let somebody wrong you like that. Otherwise you'll end up spending your whole life trying to rationalize people taking advantage of you (it's only $100 dollars, for example) because you wouldn't stand up for yourself.

Personally I think the hateful comments on his FB page are almost just as bad as any poor behavior on Dred's part. But that's the internet for you. OP did the right thing by making it public, you don't let somebody wrong you like that. Otherwise you'll end up spending your whole life trying to rationalize people taking advantage of you (it's only $100 dollars, for example) because you wouldn't stand up for yourself.
I wouldn't send him any hatefull messages myself but at least this way he might think twice about telling fans to drop dead ect publicly online. Its always fun to be an asshole to people untill it backfires. Hopefully its a lesson learned. Treat others how you would like to be treated.

rjinaz

I wouldn't send him any hatefull messages myself but at least this way he might think twice about telling fans to drop dead ect publicly online. Its always fun to be an asshole to people untill it backfires. Hopefully its a lesson learned. Treat others how you would like to be treated.

Exactly. I stated earlier some shame will hopefully do him some good. But there's a difference between shaming and some of the nasty thing people are saying to him on his FB. Two wrongs don't make a right, and all that.

Exactly. I stated earlier some shame will hopefully do him some good. But there's a difference between shaming and some of the nasty thing people are saying to him on his FB. Two wrongs don't make a right, and all that.
Oh ya for sure. I havn't bothered to look at what is being said. Im sure some of it is uncalled for.

eso76

Lots of hateful messages for Dred and sympathy for OP, yet no one has shown interest in putting 100$ together for the OP.

rjinaz

damn is this still going, he's probably loving the attention and actually thinks he is a somebody now. great.

I'm sure in the end once everything blows over that's how he will rationalize everything, but right now I'm confident he is not a happy guy. Possible legal trouble and people saying horrible things to you is never a good time.

rjinaz

3rdamention brought it up and people agreed but I dont think anybody actually sent any money to OP

I sympathize with the OP as do I anybody that was stolen from but I didn't steal his money. Hopefully he'll get the money back from Dred who did. I'm pretty sure the OP at this point has pretty much "written off" the money but wanted people to know that Dred Foxx was a bad guy. He can correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: Also, I've been stolen from before as I'm sure most of us have, and yeah I'd call those people out if I knew who they were like the OP did, but I wouldn't expect or want GAF to send me money.

I didn't realize there was such a big fan base for PTR or his "voice actor" who is completely disposable when it comes to Parappa, he's gonna get some press but the dude ain't famous or powerful enough to pull this shit. Makes me think of promoters who screw over talent and expect to get away with it, which many use to but now? Well a lot still do but social media is certainly making it harder, especially if you screw over the wrong person and they have the means to get the story spread... That shit just don't fly anymore.

On the other hand thanks to it the internet is full of people who will eat shit and call it filet mignon if it's served by a "celebrity" or anyone they seek to get "in" with if it means they might get a chance attention recognition from them, quite funny in its own sad way watching people pander and suck up on FB or Twitter where they just embarrass themselves and if not become a joke to whom they're doing to it, get flagged as someone to avoid.

He'll no... anyone but M.C. Chris!
He's quite possibly an even bigger dick than DredFoxx!

Just ask nerd rapper MC Lars how great of a guy Chris is. He sues fellow rappers and berates his fans in public.
M.C. Chris is not PaRappa material.

http://www.ibtimes.com/rapper-mc-chris-kicks-fan-out-concert-after-critical-tweet-726840

Wow, MC Lars... Been awhile, quick search and it looks like their issue was resolved awhile ago. http://rapgenius.com/1632487/Mc-lar...nt-three-grand-for-that-verse-or-ill-sue-true

eso76

I sympathize with the OP as do I anybody that was stolen from but I didn't steal his money. Hopefully he'll get the money back from Dred who did. I'm pretty sure the OP at this point has pretty much "written off" the money but wanted people to know that Dred Foxx was a bad guy. He can correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not saying that was OP's intention at all, mind you.

Lots of hateful messages for Dred and sympathy for OP, yet no one has shown interest in putting 100$ together for the OP.

I don't agree with the message that it sends. It gives the message, " steal anything you want, somebody else will help them get it back and that makes it ok "

It's just like the idiots that steal from stores, " don't worry about it, their insurance will pay for it." Um, no. Stores end up raising praises because of theft.

I want the OP to get his money back from the guy that stole it from him.

Edit: Also, I've been stolen from before as I'm sure most of us have, and yeah I'd call those people out if I knew who they were like the OP did, but I wouldn't expect or want GAF to send me money.

I agree with you, I hope he gets his money back but i didnt steal anything, besides Im broke enough as it is. I was just pointing out that an interest was shown in raising money for OP even though there was no follow through.

rjinaz

I agree with you, I hope he gets his money back but i didnt steal anything, besides Im broke enough as it is. I was just pointing out that an interest was shown in raising money for OP even though there was no follow through.

Yeah sorry I got that, you were responding to the other poster that asked. I was just responding through you since you were the last to bring it up.

Has this still not made Kotaku?

Dred sounds like utter pond scum, i really feel for OP

can't believe its all over $100 though, surely if he is such a Legend he'll basically be sleeping on $100 bills or using them to snort coke off a whores ass?

I don't buy the semi defence that he could be hard up and wanting work, because surely if he was desperate for work, or willing to work he'd have been nicer to OP and certainly wanted to make a good impression by at the least refunding fast if he couldn't complete the work for whatever reason, and therefore given everyone a positive image of himself

right now its like he's choosing to do the exact opposite....

did i read right and he's writing a song about haters including the OP?
so he wants to get into more mainstream Rap, where admittedly content of songs isn't exactly known for its high brow content, resorting to singing about "money and bitches", or the better ones who rap about society and their hard ship in life...where he's going to compete by singing about what? his hardship of being parappa and how some guy he owed money shamed him.....oh boy

I'm just waiting for someone to set up a rap battle thread now. Those raps were so much fun to read, shame there were so many meltdowns and lectures in between.

Edit: hrrrrm this will do for now. Still love those GAF raps though.

doofy102

If Dred actually does make a rap dissing TC, we should compile all of the raps in here, record them and upload them as response video.

If Dred actually does make a rap dissing TC, we should compile all of the raps in here, record them and upload them as response video.

Oh man that's genius. I've been thinking I should make a megapost with all the raps up to now but I'm too lazy/busy at the moment.

Dred just posted an update on the Parappa FB group:

"It means nothing to me...I'ts annoying but I could careless...all my "Real" FANmily, Imma see you on my new SELECTIVE page I'm setting up with my new adm's..Im deleting this one in a minute so we can keep it POSITIVE...Oh! Dont worry! I'm going on YouTube with my side of this petty buffoonery...I will also hit up my man Treezy @ junkie monkeys.com (always showed me love) and drop the truth. Also I am not accepting request at this time nor responding to questions or insults..no offense to the GOOD..Im FOCUSING. In the immortal words "I gotta believe!" That "1" (one) out of 500 + thousand FANS can't break the chain..DON'T give that "1" (one) the power..duece n heart."

Camjo-Z

Dont worry! I'm going on YouTube with my side of this petty buffoonery...I will also hit up my man Treezy @ junkie monkeys.com (always showed me love) and drop the truth.

He really will do anything to avoid apologizing, won't he. Can't wait to see how he tries to spin this into him being the victim.

Also nice to see that he's re-estimated his fan count at 1,500.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!

"It means nothing to me...I'ts annoying but I could careless...all my "Real" FANmily, Imma see you on my new SELECTIVE page I'm setting up with my new adm's..Im deleting this one in a minute so we can keep it POSITIVE...Oh! Dont worry! I'm going on YouTube with my side of this petty buffoonery...I will also hit up my man Treezy @ junkie monkeys.com (always showed me love) and drop the truth. Also I am not accepting request at this time nor responding to questions or insults..no offense to the GOOD..Im FOCUSING. In the immortal words "I gotta believe!" That "1" (one) out of 500 + thousand FANS can't break the chain..DON'T give that "1" (one) the power..duece n heart."

Damn Dred, 500 mil turns to a K
Mad his fans just served him up like parfait

Now he's hidin' behind his big sis Treezy
"I gotta believe?" Bro, you so damn cheesy.

He really will do anything to avoid apologizing, won't he. Can't wait to see how he tries to spin this into him being the victim.

Also nice to see that he's re-estimated his fan count at 1,500.

Yea, can't wait to witness the ever giving turns in this story xD Pretty pathetic though that he won't just apologize though.... :/

Also, for some reason he has yet to delete any of the negative comments on his FB page, which I find odd.

This shit belongs in the Argos thread.

Damn Dred, 500 mil turns to a K
Mad his fans just served him up like parfait

Now he's hidin' behind his big sis Treezy
"I gotta believe?" Bro, you so damn cheesy.

nah, it's clearly 500 + thousand = 1500 fans

wonder what happened to the other 499998500 fans? maybe they lost money and left the fanmily too

rjinaz

nah, it's clearly 500 + thousand = 1500 fans

wonder what happened to the other 499998500 fans? maybe they lost money and left the fanmily too

I don't know, I interpreted it as 500 thousand + fans, him placing the + in the wrong place, to mean that he thinks he has over 500,000 fans.

I guess it doesn't really matter. I hope you all are right though because at least that would mean he's facing reality.

That iPad money was their rent :(

But dred did get 5.5m ipads out of the deal

can't they see how benificial that is for the FANmily???

I don't know, I interpreted it as 500 thousand + fans, him placing the + in the wrong place, to mean that he thinks he has over 500,000 fans.

I guess it doesn't really matter. I hope you all are right though because at least that would mean he's facing reality.

sarcasm mate

First of all they're Parappa the Rappa fans, not Dred Foxx fans. He can easily be replaced. He needs to get over himself. I'd never even heard of Dred until I read this thread ( that was a better rhyme than Dred has ever made)

What's with the 1 ( one ) and the one ( 1 ) ?

Does he find numbers confusing ? so he feels the need to translate them ? That might explain his oddball request for $50 or $75 or $100 to do 5 lines of dialogue.

Danny Dudekisser

Reality is that he has 45 followers on Facebook.

Kind of annoying that media outlets haven't picked up on this.

Even an article mentioning it would hopefully persuade some of his blind fanbase that there's something going on.

Danny Dudekisser

Kind of annoying that media outlets haven't picked up on this.

Even an article mentioning it would hopefully persuade some of his blind fanbase that there's something going on.

Seriously. I think a story about a cartoon dog gone bad, like... Different Strokes bad... would practically write itself. It's not like Kotaku's overwhelmed with content -- they're currently running a story called "Magic: The Gathering of Buttcracks."

rjinaz

First of all they're Parappa the Rappa fans, not Dred Foxx fans. He can easily be replaced. He needs to get over himself. I'd never even heard of Dred until I read this thread ( that was a better rhyme than Dred has ever made)

What's with the 1 ( one ) and the one ( 1 ) ?

Does he find numbers confusing ? so he feels the need to translate them ? That might explain his oddball request for $50 or $75 or $100 to do 5 lines of dialogue.

Based on the things he has said on his FB page, it's obvious he has made PaRappa a part of his own self-identity. He actually sees himself as being PaRappa, and with that being the case, all of the people that bought "his" games are therefore his fans.

Of course this way of thinking is flawed for many reasons. Probably one of the biggest being that often times people like the cartoon characters but could not care less about who is voicing them. Homer Simpson is probably my favorite animated character and I could not tell you a single thing about the guy that voices him, and of course The Simpsons are huge.

rjinaz

It'd be good if someone here could contact a few media outlets about this.

I personally feel this has been taken about as far as it should be taken. The information is out there, people have a better idea on what Dred Foxx is like, and hopefully some shame did him some good or best case he returns the money though it's unikely. $100 was stolen this is true and it is a lot of money to even me, but at the same time, it is not really enough to be news worthy or to ruin somebody's life over. If we were talking about thousands of dollars I would guess it would have been picked up by now.

WarpathDC

Opening scene for Parappa 3

Leech, Steal, you just wanted lines, if ya wanna test me I'm sure you'll find
The things I teach you are sure to cheat ya never the less you get a lesson from teacher now

Wire X X X X X,

Stall O O O O O

Post X X X X X

Hmm now I see your getting mad, wire more money, son you've been had.

Post X X X X

GAF O O O O

Seriously though that's f#&ked. Dredd is pathetic milking his 15 minutes.

I personally feel this has been taken about as far as it should be taken. The information is out there, people have a better idea on what Dred Foxx is like, and hopefully some shame did him some good or best case he returns the money though it's unikely. $100 was stolen this is true and it is a lot of money to even me, but at the same time, it is not really enough to be news worthy or to ruin somebody's life over. If we were talking about thousands of dollars I would guess it would have been picked up by now.

What makes you think he's learnt anything from this situation? That you can take money from people and then get away with it because you view yourself as untouchable?

The amount is irrelevant, $100 is more than enough to kick up a fuss over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom