• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which movie first, Room (2015) or The Room (2003)?

ZombAid82

I'm sitting at home closing myself in and planning on watching the perfect movies for this occasion.
The problem only is, which one to watch first?
First the (presumably) good one or the (presumably) schlocky one?
Help me decide GAF!

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
They are totally different movies in close to every aspect. I guess its whether you want to watch something earnestly made but still laugh out loud hilarious and endlessly quotable or you want to watch a movie that is about a really fucked up situation and focusing on it in disturbingly intimate detail.

liked the tommy wiseau movie more than the brie larson one tbh. one is one of the funniest (albeit unintentional) movies of all time

the other is just an ok claustrophobic drama

also Green Room is great as well.

The Room > Green Room > Room > Panic Room

I'v rewatched The Room 5 times, seen it in a cinema with Tommy and Greg there for a Q&A. Throwing spoons at the screen. Shouting like a madman. Best and funniest cinema experience ever. It will stand the test of time more than these other Room films.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Room isn't a film to fuck with.

The Room is cringy ass shit people think it's funny. It's crap.

Maybe the Franco based on a the disaster artist will be good.

DeathyBoy

Banned
The Room > Green Room > Room > Panic Room

I'v rewatched The Room 5 times, seen it in a cinema with Tommy and Greg there for a Q&A. Throwing spoons at the screen. Shouting like a madman. Best and funniest cinema experience ever. It will stand the test of time more than these other Room films.

This.

Go see The Room live. It's one of the best cinema experiences you'll ever have.

GamerJM

Banned
Every time I try to explain 2003 to my mom she starts off thinking I'm talking about 2015 and I have to explain to her that it's a different movie.

ZombAid82

So, I'm through Room and going right on to the room.
Really has put the feels in me.
All the other rooms are well known, but considering Green Room after Wiseau's Masterpiece!

Also bonus credit, Room in Rome

Couldn't stand that movie. Not even the sex scenes which should have come somewhere along the flick, couldn't stand it until then.
Or did I see one and my memory just blanked completely?

This.

Go see The Room live. It's one of the best cinema experiences you'll ever have.

Unfortunately, I don't think he'll come to Berlin anytime soon....

retroman

Both at the same time, while also simultaneously playing the game The Room and the Flash adaptation of the Wiseau movie.

Top Bottom