• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Week 3 |OT| An Epidemic of "Leakyolinitus" has Broken Out

gutshot

Ever think that maybe you're the one who's biased?

It's pff, best to ignore it.

Yeah, I'm biased against shitty analysis. Normally I do ignore PFF, but that shit is just egregious. No objective observer could watch those two QBs on Sunday and come away thinking that Prescott played better.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Everything is shits and giggles when you're trying to get your first ever Owl until you blow a 28-3 lead in the Super Bowl

Greg

Greg the morning after a night of drinking:

WNk3S82.jpg
this is appropriate

Pepiope

BleedingGreenNation 

✔@BleedingGreen

Eagles DE Chris Long is donating his first six game checks to fund scholarships in Charlottesville

The eagles are a team we don't deserve.

Striker

The Eagles could play with 10 men on defense all day and the Giants still wouldn't sniff 30 points. Hell, 20 points might be a challenge in that scenario. The Giants offense is completely inept. Not addressing the offensive line the past few years should be a fireable offense for Jerry Reese. And I actually like the guy aside from that so that's saying something.
It's the earlier drafts. When they were winning in 2011, they ignored the line sans Will Beatty. Snee and McKenzie were all old and needed replacements. Not two years later, but already on the roster and developing. Reese falls hard for WR's/CB's/S's and more cases than not, have come to bite him in the ass. Flowers wasn't going to become Willie Roaf overnight, or even Tyron Smith. He was extremely young coming into the league (20) and needed to learn on the go in one of the toughest positions of football. It's wasted seasons and the franchise QB. Reese can go as far as I'm concerned. It took him how many years to finally address the TE situation? Larry Donnell and Will Tyes of the league and they are nobody in this league other than 3rd string. And they were starters for multiple seasons!

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
PFF is only a thing because NBC promotes it.

It's pretty much a joke.

It got big because all of the smarks went gaga over it when it first started. A fine concept, but it's got major flaws:

It's inconsistent. Probably because it has different graders for various games.

Everyone has to take a win or a loss. There is no room for scheme wins or coaching, it's always on the individual players.

Assigning grades before the coaches tape comes out is ridiculous.

Tom Nook

Let's go.

Week 2 (9-7)
Total (17-14)

LAR @ SF; First Win
BAL @ JAX (London); JAX are (2-2) @ London.
DEN @ BUF
PIT @ CHI
NO @ CAR
TB @ MIN; If bradford plays.
CLE @ IND
MIA @ NYJ
HOU @ NE
ATL @ DET
NYG @ PHI
SEA @ TEN
KC @ LAC
CIN @ GB
OAK @ WAS
DAL @ ARI

I'm adopting the Raiders as my favorite AFC team / bandwagon team this year. It's so easy to root for them

I'm adopting both the Raiders and the Chiefs.

Raiders cuz their offense is a bunch of badasses who are scrappy and never give up on the play (Amari, Derek, Crabtree and Beast Mode)

Chiefs because it's a fucking Rich Rodriguez West Virginia Mountaineer offense. I'm seeing shovel speed options, zone reads, shotgun I-Pro power, etc. Alex Smith is in redemption mode, and Kareem Hunt is MVP candidate so far. Kelce's a dumb cunt but there's no denying he's a phenomenal tight end.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2017/week-2-quick-reads

It all started with an innocent little tweet. Following yet another epic Chargers loss last Monday night, Derrik Klassen of Bleacher Report (and our newest Film Room contributor) noted that Philip Rivers "lives in a perpetual state of down a score with less than two minutes left." Being a skeptic, I did a quick check on Pro Football Reference and found the numbers proved Klassen correct. Since taking over as the Chargers' starting quarterback in 2006, Rivers had thrown 214 passes down by one score in the final two minutes of a game, 54 more than any other player in the same timespan.

The Game Play Finder at PFR goes back to the 1994 season, so that's where we began our study. When we saw Brett Favre among the leaders, we went into our own numbers and added his last-two-minute, down-one-score passing stats from his first seasons as a starter in 1992 and 1993. (No, we did not bother checking what happened on his four passes with Atlanta in 1991.) Since those numbers were taken from our database, they do not include clock-killing spikes, while all other numbers in this essay do. That hardly matters, however, because the final results were not very close. Rivers really has been playing in a desperate two-minute drill more than anyone else. Rivers has thrown 228 regular-season passes in his career after the two-minute warning in the fourth quarter, down by eight points or less. That's 33 more than Favre's 195. Joe Flacco and Peyton Manning are next in line with 175 each. No other quarterback in the last 24 years has even three-quarters of Rivers' total.

Rvaan

Banned

Raiders cuz their offense is a bunch of badasses who are scrappy and never give up on the play (Amari, Derek, Crabtree and Beast Mode)

Chiefs because it's a fucking Rich Rodriguez West Virginia Mountaineer offense. I'm seeing shovel speed options, zone reads, shotgun I-Pro power, etc. Alex Smith is in redemption mode, and Kareem Hunt is MVP candidate so far. Kelce's a dumb cunt but there's no denying he's a phenomenal tight end.

vbi2ao7iplm82tkktbzf.gif

I believe the Bears can go 0-16

I think the Jets or 49ers will beat them to it. Once Mitch takes over, they'll win maybe 2 or 3.

LAR @ SF
BAL @ JAX (London)
DEN @ BUF
PIT @ CHI
NO @ CAR
TB @ MIN
CLE @ IND
MIA @ NYJ
HOU @ NE
ATL @ DET
NYG @ PHI
SEA @ TEN
KC @ LAC
CIN @ GB
OAK @ WAS
DAL @ ARI

Jeff-DSA

The bad O-line play is so obvious, even to the casual viewer. It looked like on Sunday that offensive lines were just flat out taking every third play off, because it was about that often that the RB was hit 3 yards deep or the QB was left running for his life.

Bitanator

Wish you could have jumped on that Jalen Ramsey/Jordan Howard combo don't you Dallas.

Zeke is both a dipshit and bitch, he was in perfect position to make that tackle on the first int, the way he stood there with his thumb in his ass, I've seen Albert Haynesworth give more effort.

cruets

Who do you root for when they play each other?

The bad O-line play is so obvious, even to the casual viewer. It looked like on Sunday that offensive lines were just flat out taking every third play off, because it was about that often that the RB was hit 3 yards deep or the QB was left running for his life.
It's really baffling.

::edit::
Who do you root for when they play each other?
I'll root for who's down a score at the time! :D

Rvaan

Banned
I juat dont want a QB to die

Wilson will 100% not make it through this season unscathed behind that Oline. Bradford's knee can't handle him going up stairs so I doubt he makes it through healthy. Bold statement I know.

Oh and Brady dies this weekend when the Texans front 7 rip him and his Oline to shreads.

h1nch

Menelik Watson has already given up six sacks through two games. Shocker. Good get there, Elway.

Yeah he's fucking terrible. He was getting beat regularly in preseason as well. Right now he's their biggest issue on the OLine.

effzee

Go Eagles beat the Giants

Look I'm usually there with you but I can't agree here. First, it's the Giants. They're 1-5 against Philly in the past 3 years, the 1 loss when Wentz threw two early picks and they still almost won that game. Second, it's in Philly, where the Giants get absolutely demolished every year. And those were better Giants teams than this.

Going on to their issues. Why do you think it's so fixable? OL play around the league in general is bad, and the Giants look like they have one of the worst situations. Those don't magically become better. Honestly, how does that OL improve enough to where the Giants offense is any bit of a threat? And while the Giants OL has gotten worse, the Eagles DL has become exponentially better. The hot and cold Eagles pass rush last year still got to Eli, and now the pass rush is even better. The Chiefs and Skins have two top OLs in the league and the Eagles got sacks against them.

Eli is also regressing pretty hard, although part of that is due to the OL. Marshall has been a big disappointment. They still have no running game. Odell still isn't 100%. And for however much you hate Doug, McAdoo is worse. He's a coward who got the ball back before halftime with 3 timeouts left and ran the clock out instead of trying to score. That's soft. That's the coach you're afraid of? The one that's suddenly going to draw up better protections and come up with a good offensive game plan?

And finally that score prediction. The Giants haven't put up 20 or more points in what, 8 games now? And against the bad Dallas defense they only managed 3? I get being an Eagles fan means you've seen your team blow games they should've won. But I don't see it here. I get that their defense is elite, but I'd be shocked if the offense even puts up 10 points. Maybe Wentz throws 3 TAINTs and suddenly Eli figures it out. But I'm pretty comfortable predicting the Eagles beat the Giants. I don't even think the Eagles are a top team in the league, they have serious flaws. But the Giants are just bad

I get all you are saying and I am not saying they are going to sign some superstar tackles off of the street to start. But something has to give for them. They have too much talent at the skill positions and Eli is too good for this to continue. They are due for a big game and I just feel like it is this weekend.

A bad OLINE can be helped as I have mentioned. Max protect, extra TE, and or backs staying in or chipping as they go out. You can also adjust the route tree and the plays called.

This is a division game so I expect it to be close and I just see Wents/Pederson making a pivotal mistake. The Eagles settle for too many 3s, throw the ball too much, and I think the Giants D gets 1-2 turnovers.

Wilson will 100% not make it through this season unscathed behind that Oline. Bradford's knee can't handle him going up stairs so I doubt he makes it through healthy. Bold statement I know.

Oh and Brady dies this weekend when the Texans front 7 rip him and his Oline to shreads.

We are not this lucky.

Top Bottom