• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

fr0st

Banned
Yep I'm on xbone: LucifersCall666

When you're the last man standing in your team and your dog insists on going out for a pee, you let her out then get killed. Aw man... I'm furious... partially. Just a game like, but still.
Alright I'll add you my xbone is RaiN DancE X

AlexBasch

Man, I remember hopping into matches almost instantly in Xbox One, been taking a long time now. :/ Wonder if it's the same when playing with a group though.

Also, I really need to learn how to peek, I swear most of my deaths come from those kind of shots. :/

ibu

Man, I remember hopping into matches almost instantly in Xbox One, been taking a long time now. :/ Wonder if it's the same when playing with a group though.

Also, I really need to learn how to peek, I swear most of my deaths come from those kind of shots. :/

Last night I was having so many issues connecting to games. First time it's happened to me. Usually I am into a game in a minute or so.

Dysun

Had three games drop my team right before we were about to win.
Of course for all the losses, the network connection was rock solid.

Muddimar

New to the game here.

Started doing "Situations" to get a feel for the game and unlock operators. Looked online at a "Tier List" to see which operators are recommended. Everything was going okay (for a bit)... and then the nausea hit me.

I have the FoV turned all the way up in an attempt to dispel this craptastic feeling, but I can't seem to shake it. Anyone have any advice on the motion sickness in this game?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
New to the game here.

Started doing "Situations" to get a feel for the game and unlock operators. Looked online at a "Tier List" to see which operators are recommended. Everything was going okay (for a bit)... and then the nausea hit me.

I have the FoV turned all the way up in an attempt to dispel this craptastic feeling, but I can't seem to shake it. Anyone have any advice on the motion sickness in this game?
Never got that from a fps before, but maybe steal an idea from VR sickness mitigation strategy: teleport locomotion.

The idea here is that in some VR games, you point and click to instantly travel from one spot to another... I wonder if you could take a somewhat similar approach (obviously you cannot teleport) by being very deliberate in your movement from one strategic spot to another. Locate a good spot, move directly to it it, pause and get your bearings, locate a good spot, move directly to it, etc. Do most of the planning work in your head (and wide-angle threat assessment) before you make your moves and have to react up close in realtime.

Play in this deliberate way until you get your legs, which I assume will come in time. And actually this approach isn't that unrealistic in a tactical shooter setting, tbh. People play Siege very fast these days, but that slower leapfrog tactic is classic Rainbow.

Disgraced

Why weren't these among the first motherfuckin' skins released? These and the Cold Wars. So clean. Most of the other skins are so garish and clash so terribly with the characters.

fkPH1GM.jpg

QgpTaPo.jpg

IGJWz0g.jpg

CHpEJoE.jpg

A037rWL.jpg

PnNhX83.jpg

Finally hit an all time KD of 1.01 on the PC version. Steady climb up from around 0.60 in March. I can feel myself improving in a way I haven't experienced in an online game in a long time

xezuru

Nice games with whoever I played with, haven't played a comp shooter since CS1.6 and I can feel a little of that magic in this game so hopefully I'll be playing more.

Played for the first time in a while a few days ago... felt good. Didn't run into any problems, but did have a handful of long queue times.

Also, looks like theres a 7 day 50% booster on all platforms for the connection issues last week.

Edit: Checking the Siege subreddit patch 2.1.1 added more bugs and reintroduced old ones lol Perfect timing

LNBL

Me and my friends have been playing a lot these last 2 weeks, but damn leveling looks pointless. Why didn't they introduce some rewards for leveling up? And why do skins etc cost as much as unlocking a whole nee operator -_-

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Me and my friends have been playing a lot these last 2 weeks, but damn leveling looks pointless. Why didn't they introduce some rewards for leveling up? And why do skins etc cost as much as unlocking a whole nee operator -_-

Don't worry - you'll get your precious lootboxes soon enough.

OG Kush

The skins cost a lot so people invest real money. I can't argue with that, they need to make money some way and it's better than charging for maps that split the player base up. What sort of reward are you looking for leveling up? Skins would be alright but stuff like weapons and attachments would not be good IMO. Tbh what's going to keep me coming back to a competitive fps is how the good the core gameplay, not whether I'm unlocking stuff.

andycapps

Played for the first time in a while a few days ago... felt good. Didn't run into any problems, but did have a handful of long queue times.

Also, looks like theres a 7 day 50% booster on all platforms for the connection issues last week.

Edit: Checking the Siege subreddit patch 2.1.1 added more bugs and reintroduced old ones lol Perfect timing
Looks like Montagne got nerfed either unintentionally or that they forgot to mention it. Let's just assume unintentionally.

I'd really love to see what their code looks like for this game. Feel like they need a lot more testers than what they have. Or they need to start a test region for players to test out new updates and report bugs.

Looks like Montagne got nerfed either unintentionally or that they forgot to mention it. Let's just assume unintentionally.

Yea I wondered why I was having such a rotten time as him earlier.

I don't play on PC but would welcome public test servers and waiting longer for the console patch. It works great for Overwatch and a few others.

I'd really love to see what their code looks like for this game. Feel like they need a lot more testers than what they have. Or they need to start a test region for players to test out new updates and report bugs.

Nerfed in what way? Is it the fact that C4 can now kill him from the front again?

Knowing Ubisoft you can probably headshot him directly through his shield now.

True.

FluffyIncompatibleGreendarnerdragonfly.gif

I'm 99% sure that's not intentional. Ubisoft responded on reddit saying they're looking into it. It kind of negates the use of a montagne for now

Wow! Ok, this explains why last night I was getting downed so often from Nitro Cells that were clearly well in front of me.

Close, you can shoot through Blitz's shield now.

Yay, this has returned! :/

Yay!

Yay!

Siege 2 now please Ubi for the love of god. This game is so inherently fucked.

The whole company is a pile of garbage. They can all get effed.

DQDQDQ

Stat tracking (not the Canadian) has been disabled for WEEKS to "lessen the server load." link

In complete contradiction to a quote from a week ago saying they were being tracked but not displayed.

Simple +1's to variables are now officially announced as too much for the servers to handle

Amen. See you online later!

:(

Yep. :(

Oy vey.

Just a heads up for people...

1268716.gif

This GIF is the personification of the game.

Nerfed meaning the latter.

Ah.

Absolutely perfect. What a bunch of clowns.

Let the hate flow through you.

Ubisoft QA department...

tumblr_oi99pcoAnp1s46p8ao1_500.gif

Nailed it.

Nailed it as well.

Stat tracking (not the Canadian) has been disabled for WEEKS to "lessen the server load." link

In complete contradiction to a quote from a week ago saying they were being tracked but not displayed.

Simple +1's to variables are now officially announced as too much for the servers to handle

Yeah, that's the most damning thing. They can't even keep up with something so small.

Honestly, I don't know how well they ever kept up with stats. My KD and W/L are literally the same from launch. Insanity.

Top Bottom