• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links |OT| A Speedy Beatdown

Whats weird is that my deck is pretty much a rather basic beatdown but I'm not having any issues beating lvl 40 bakura. Hell lvl 30 Mai wrecks me in comparison

Already got him unlocked as a char and now just going for more points.

For those struggling with Bakura, try to use Keldo in your deck as well with Ghoul Gravekeeper if you wanna extend the duel by getting rid of Dark Necrofear.

At this point I'm just saving Gems and waiting for Jinzo to drop.

Slaythe

I'm grinding Bakura with Yugi starter deck.

Halfway there...

I refused to play this game without Bakura as my main.

A.J.

Banned
Duel Links just got its April Fools update
AM1VxzH.jpgm

Man I'm having no luck with Weevil's insect deck. All the cpu decks just over power it so easily. Decided to just go with a beatdown to finish leveling him to 30 fast.

Hope the next pack is good. As for the Bakura event. Hit 2 million points and probably gonna stop at 3.6 million since gems stop before 2 million and I just want the UR orbs.

I liked Weevil's Insect Infestation ability at lower levels because it can clog the opponent's side of the field and it can deal up to 3k "free" damage, not mentioning that can slow down the opponent's Deck by adding more cards to it.

I hope that when Marik is released he won't come with Necrovalley. 500 ATK and DEF for Gravekeepers plus all of their effects would be too much, especially since the current beaters have 1800, 1900 with Fields

As for Bakura... I like his abilities, but his level up cards and the rewards from this event are really, really underwhelming... I like Puppet Master the most and even then, there are no Fiend monsters that are worth 2000 LP and a 0 ATK monster on your side of the field.

A.J.

Banned
As for Bakura... I like his abilities, but his level up cards and the rewards from this event are really, really underwhelming... I like Puppet Master the most and even then, there are no Fiend monsters that are worth 2000 LP and a 0 ATK monster on your side of the field.

I wish we could have gotten Man Eater Bug or Ha Des.

I wish we could have gotten Man Eater Bug or Ha Des.

Maybe Ha Des would have been too much, as the only other effect negators either require a discard (Baou) or require other monsters in the field (the Element monsters), besides 2450 being too high of an original ATK to deal with (Summoned Skull has no effect and lower DEF, so that makes it "balanced"). Man-Eater bug would have made Yomi Ship irrelevant, and it would be annoying to deal with up to six Yomi Ships in a single deck...

And Change of Heart is broken no matter the format.

A.J.

Banned
Maybe Ha Des would have been too much, as the only other effect negators either require a discard (Baou) or require other monsters in the field (the Element monsters), besides 2450 being too high of an original ATK to deal with (Summoned Skull has no effect and lower DEF, so that makes it "balanced"). Man-Eater bug would have made Yomi Ship irrelevant, and it would be annoying to deal with up to six Yomi Ships in a single deck...

I think making it one of each through the milestone rewards would have been fine.

Edit: Obviously CoH would be ousted from discussion unless we are talking cards that the NPCs can exclusively use.

Man-Eater is better than Yomi since you can target destruction effect.

Change of Heart is just me joking since they are skipping cards such as Pot of Greed anyways.

I do want Ha Des though and feel that since traps can kill him easy enough, he isn't too powerful.

cHinzo

Man-Eater bug would have been cool as a card reward. Kinda lost interest in the event after unlocking Bakura, since the rewards weren't that great.

Man-Eater bug would have been cool as a card reward. Kinda lost interest in the event after unlocking Bakura, since the rewards weren't that great.

Oh hell yeah. Its really lame how they stopped giving gems after 2 million points roughly. Weevil would be hella viable too with Man Eater. Had some pretty intense rank duels today trying to get the weekly missions out of the way.

Guy ran a Ishizu Fairy deck with the lifepoint recovery ability while I ran my Weevil beatdown deck.

It was very even till turn 23 when his cards were down to 3 and then he got me with a rising energy trap card. Hella good duel.

A.J.

Banned
At least they could've given us a second Dark Necrofear at 4 million instead of just an avatar. Though Bakura was nice to farm just for his UR and SR jewels.

I'm trying to get a second and third Skilled Red Magician, so I bought 6 packs with Bakura's LV30 level up reward and pulled a second Desert Twister, so I think I'm going to try and build a Desert Twister deck. But now I'm thinking that most of the Banished support is for Light and Dark monsters...

Anyway, we're getting a Yugi Muto-like event for Bakura with "exclusive rewards", so maybe we'll be getting some of his cards.

Des Kangaroo seems interesting. It doesn't stand a chance in the "real" game, but here, with a lower ATK ceiling seems great. I don't remember the name of the dragon, but its effect is great, a nice boss for a Gemini deck.

Magic Drain seems like it would be too powerful, though. It's either costless negation or an extra cost for a spell.

Bakura's drops are nice, especially Trance Archfiend. Dark Voltanis seems nice, and I like how old boss monsters are given new life in here. Problem is that, as with Yugi, it's a "random encounter".

I've been trying to get the URs from the meteor b dragon box, and I just got ten packs with only one SR that I don't really need nor want right now. I hate this box, same bs with trying to get BEUD, but I at least got URs a bit more often.

I've been trying to get the URs from the meteor b dragon box, and I just got ten packs with only one SR that I don't really need nor want right now. I hate this box, same bs with trying to get BEUD, but I at least got URs a bit more often.

I guess it's all random, but to pull more than a couple URs you'll need a lot of packs. From about 80 packs, I've gotten all URs but Garladolf, Double Coston, Kaiser Sea Horse and Manju, but I still cannot pull a single Magician's Circle, and in Wonders of the Sky, I got both UR and all SRs but Big Bang Shot and Diskblade Rider, but not a single Simorgh out of almost 50 packs, and it is a Rare!

--

So, Chaotic Compliance is out and it's... interesting. I don't think there's anything amazing in it, but it's not bad either. Out of the free packs I got Des Kangaroo, Skreech and Fusion Sage.
I like the new support for Gemini (Especially Raptinus and Phoenix Gearfried) and the new Psychics, plus some neat commons and rares (Master Kyonshee is now the strongest easy to get LV4)

A.J.

Banned
Thanks to my stockpiled gems I have all but 3 of the new URs. I'm going to try and build a gemini deck once I get my hand on another scorpion from the trader.

I've been having a card gaming itch and have fond memories of Yugioh. Anything I should know before jumping into this? I remember how to play, I think, but anything about the way the mobile game works (stuff to do, currency to save up/what to spend) I should know?

cHinzo

I've been having a card gaming itch and have fond memories of Yugioh. Anything I should know before jumping into this? I remember how to play, I think, but anything about the way the mobile game works (stuff to do, currency to save up/what to spend) I should know?

You could read the starting guide. It's really not that hard to get started and u can get some free gems (the currency to buy the packs) if u start playing right now, since there is an event going on. :D

Luck On Your Side is the trolliest shit (Anytime your LPs are below 1000, anytime you would flip a coin it's automatically heads). Started playing this through PVP and currently working my way up through Platinum.

KillerBEA

Took a short break from this game. Been playing it a lot the last 3 days now, unlocked a lot of characters, gotten a bunch of cards, and most importantly... I finally beat the Vagabond. My friend is so mean with the ones he sends ;_; Managed to beat him essentially with just just Mask of the Accursed and Mask of Dispel.

cHinzo

Took a short break from this game. Been playing it a lot the last 3 days now, unlocked a lot of characters, gotten a bunch of cards, and most importantly... I finally beat the Vagabond. My friend is so mean with the ones he sends ;_; Managed to beat him essentially with just just Mask of the Accursed and Mask of Dispel.

If he sends u the 1 card hand challenge, it's because that one gives the most exp, even with a loss u get like 2.25k exp. :D

So I had a huge Yugioh itch and as a result I downloaded this app today, and I'm really impressed by the presentation so far.

I've ran into a potentially massive bug however and I was wondering if it happened to any of you and if there's a fix. Basically, all the monsters I buy from packs (along with Neo the Magic Swordsman which I got via event) are totally unusable, have an atk and def of 0, and don't have any descriptions whatever when I press on them.

This thread describes it perfectly with screenshots so you know what I mean.

I've gotten at least one of each new card from Bakura, but I'd like to get at least one more Trance Archfiend or Voltanis.

I've gotten had some good luck with this new booster. From around 30 packs I've got Gearfried, Fusion Sage, Master of Oz and BLS. Also Raptinus, two Des Kangaroo, Monster Reincarnation and Skreech.

Also seems that Pegasus is returning with new Rewards. Let's hope he brings some cool new cards and more free Gems.

So, Bakura ended and now is Pegasus' time (again).
I haven't seen his LV50 drops, but at LV40 he has Toon Mermaid, so that's nice, and there's also a chance to get Toon Dark Magician Girl (that I believe is the only Toon that can attack directly the turn it is Special Summoned) and another Relinquished.

Pegasus' drops are also really nice, as he sometimes drops 10 gems and rare gems, plus his event rewards include gems so it's a nice way of getting new packs.

Kouriozan

Holy shit, you can't hold more than 9999 gems, the hoarder inside me just died.

qAdaruSl.jpg

It says : one item not claimed because the max amount would be exceeded.

cHinzo

Holy shit, you can't hold more than 9999 gems, the hoarder inside me just died.

qAdaruSl.jpg

It says : one item not claimed because the max amount would be exceeded.

Fck, I was planning to get to 10k too. D: Saved up 6k atm waiting for some cool packs to drop.

A.J.

Banned
So, Bakura ended and now is Pegasus' time (again).
I haven't seen his LV50 drops, but at LV40 he has Toon Mermaid, so that's nice, and there's also a chance to get Toon Dark Magician Girl (that I believe is the only Toon that can attack directly the turn it is Special Summoned) and another Relinquished.

Pegasus' drops are also really nice, as he sometimes drops 10 gems and rare gems, plus his event rewards include gems so it's a nice way of getting new packs.

I think level 50 has the same drops as 40.

A.J.

Banned
Super happy the magnet warriors got added along with Delta in the trader. Though I hope we get the silent cards in the next one.

cHinzo

Yeah the warriors are fun card to use. I'm definitely gonna pick them up, together with that Mirage drake for a future dragon deck. Hoping the next packs will contain some dragon support or something for machines or zombies would also be fun.

They've been doing great with the nostalgia. I just wish Yugi would be more willing to drop the SR (Gamma) Magnet Warrior I need. And Valkyrion. Did get a second Gandora, though so there is that.

Looking forward to the new teased duelist. Seems to be the Paradox Brothers.

Anyone has noticed when you set the game to auto duel the ai knows what the enemy has set?

Not really from what I've seen. Because my dumbass AI will continue to attack with my highest attack monster even if you know the enemy can't have more than 1.5k defense points and your 2nd monster could have taken care of it easily.

There is also attacking into trap combos that screw you over completely/

Anteo

Not really from what I've seen. Because my dumbass AI will continue to attack with my highest attack monster even if you know the enemy can't have more than 1.5k defense points and your 2nd monster could have taken care of it easily.

There is also attacking into trap combos that screw you over completely/

I have the oposite experience right now, quite a few times the AI has found lethal by sacrificing a 2900 atk monster to summon a 1900 one with piercing damage and then attack a set monster that happened to have 500 def. If it was over 800 def like the others I would have lost.

The another time my AI would use Ryryoku yo get extra attack on my monster even though it can kill the enemy monster with thr base stats, then when attacking enemy AI would try to activate mirror wall. I would have lost the duel next turn if that mirror wall activated and I didnt have the buff.

And the last time yesterday was both AIs locked skipping turns. I took over and attacked and the enemy AI activated a trap and went to win the duel from that.

I have the oposite experience right now, quite a few times the AI has found lethal by sacrificing a 2900 atk monster to summon a 1900 one with piercing damage and then attack a set monster that happened to have 500 def. If it was over 800 def like the others I would have lost.

The another time my AI would use Ryryoku yo get extra attack on my monster even though it can kill the enemy monster with thr base stats, then when attacking enemy AI would try to activate mirror wall. I would have lost the duel next turn if that mirror wall activated and I didnt have the buff.

And the last time yesterday was both AIs locked skipping turns. I took over and attacked and the enemy AI activated a trap and went to win the duel from that.

Whats your Stage rank and what level cpu are you fighting?

Top Bottom