• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

BearPawB

Banned
I honestly don't know what I would do in Ben's shoes.

I would like to think i'd say "fuck you" and be done with it. But I also doubt it would be that easy.

This is the milkshake duck that has hurt me most

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
The correct and only response to finding out your best friend sexually harasses people is to throw them under the bus. This being up for debate is ridiculous. Put your self in the shoes of his victims.
I don't disagree but even then you might want to do this on a privat setting and not in a grand stage for all people to see

I'd say "Man, why can't people just be fucking decent" is the official phrase of the decade, but I guess it's really just for, like, all times

daveo42

Banned
Massive is right in that if someone you personally knew and were good friends with did something similar, would you instantly cut all ties or try to at least help them beforehand? Yes, Nick Robinson is a shitbag and anyone doing similar shit falls into the same category but if that person is a close friend, what do you do? I'd at least try to help as opposed to instantly disown them. If they refuse to change, then all bets are off.

So it's confirmed Nick is a scumbag then? Where can I read about it? When people were talking about it last night it was still through vague tweets and stuff.

I'd say "Man, why can't people just be fucking decent" is the official phrase of the decade, but I guess it's really just for, like, all times

I mean this sort of thing isn't just limited to the gaming industry. You give an irresponsible person some power and you're guaranteed god awful results.
So it's confirmed Nick is a scumbag then? Where can I read about it? When people were talking about it last night it was still through vague tweets and stuff.

It's still through vague tweets but from notable people.

Ashby

I don't disagree but even then you might want to do this on a privat setting and not in a grand stage for all people to see
I mean Ben can do what he wants but if I was him I would want Nick's victims to know I absolutely did not tolerate that shit, just like Kessler did.

BearPawB

Banned

it's still pretty vague in terms of actual accusations.
But the people saying the shit seem to be credible.

I also saw a gb mod on twitter say that while NIck was an intern Ryan had to tell him to knock some shitty behavior the fuck off.

Oakinn

Can we not speculate on what Ben should do? It's gets us nowhere. He's a grown ass man and he'll handle it as he sees fit.

mintyice

ws1v52A.gif

It didn't get much past vague tweets, but a lot of those vague tweets were from trustworthy/smart people, and Kessler condemning it is meaningful in a different (but not more valid) way, because he is/was friends with Nick.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I mean Ben can do what he wants but if I was him I would want Nick's victims to know I absolutely did not tolerate that shit, just like Kessler did.
True.
Give him some time though.
That's a lot of shit that suddenly popped up. I know if the same happened to my best friend I would need some time to order my thoughts.

kiguel182

It's an hard situation for his friends but I think public support against him is the right move for his victims.

This happened in a public setting and their comments would likely help to try and prevent something like this from happening.

It's a shitty situation.

We should talk about the alternative. I said it a page ago but it's scary to know that if Overcooked turned out to be a fantastic port, we wouldn't even know all about this shit.

it's still pretty vague in terms of actual accusations.
But the people saying the shit seem to be credible.

I also saw a gb mod on twitter say that while NIck was an intern Ryan had to tell him to knock some shitty behavior the fuck off.

Ryan is forever the purest of them all.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
i also saw a gb mod on twitter say that while NIck was an intern Ryan had to tell him to knock some shitty behavior the fuck off.
Don't do this. The Nick thing has some reputable people causing a buzz, this just feels like gossip.

What exactly did this Nick guy say? I really don't wanna listen to the podcast.

It's not anything he said publicly, it's that last night credible people started saying that he's been an unsolicited creeper/predator in women's DMs, including queer women and underage women.

Kessler is quality. Hopefully the Exquisite Corps is also quality.

Also looks like they might do it for more than just XCOM in the future, which is exciting.

I can watch Exquisite corps up until the end of the month when XCOM 2: War of the Chosen releases and I relinquish my existence over to it. So I, uh, hope they conclude whatever before that.
Why XCOM 1 though...2 is so much better

They don't like 2. Also they would never survive 2.

Edit: Exquisite corpse would totally suit this series.
It's described as:
Our team has to pass their save files to one another as each [sic] them attempt to successively complete their mission.

Super Edit: They fixed the series name to XCOM! I love you GB!

Dineren

Banned
We should talk about the alternative. I said it a page ago but it's scary to know that if Overcooked turned out to be a fantastic port, we wouldn't even know all about this shit.

Yep, it's pretty crazy that this was what finally got him exposed. It's a pretty sad state of affairs that no one felt safe (and still don't) coming forward about him. Hopefully there is enough information out there for Polygon to take action.

Dan is the MVP already with the satellite warning.

Also it will be interesting how Dan feel playing in ironman mode. I feel a lot of the changes in 2 didn't make things different/just made things more tedious if you save scummed.

Catvoca

Banned
Imma be pedantic but I don't really think this is a "milkshake duck". That's more of a thing for when someone new on the internet does something cool and then quickly turns out to be terrible.(Ken Bone, The Last Night guy). Nick is more a part of a long line of people in powerful public positions later turning out to be awful. (Gibson, Cosby etc.)

Beast here to save us from this awfulness with new content though 🙌

Top Bottom