• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Stage On

Almost missed out on securing the Zelda set since Amazon sold out on some of the figures for a few days.

Still not sure I really want them since even with the 20% off from prime they are still more expensive then they where before the price hike. Hopefully Nintendo will announce what they actually freaking do soon so I can decide if I should actually keep my order or not.

Also really wish that Amazon would hurry the heck up and get the Fire emblem 2 pack up (not to mention the bloody game)

zroid

Banned
The BOTW amiibo which were out of stock at Amazon are available again

I got Zelda now with the Prime discount ^^

I'm going to pass on the Guardian, it's just overkill even though it looks cool. Going with Link Rider and Zelda.

Returners

Anyone know where to find Smash Link at this point? I just want the BoTW unlocks!

Rant: Amazon has shipped me the new BoTW amiibos in bubble mailer. Gotten a replacement also in bubble mailer with condition worse than the first. Anyone has experience dealing with that situation? What was the resolution?

Renewed

Please tell me that's just for in box prices. I remember buying BOTW Archer Link thinking how expensive it was. Geez

$50 for loose Smash Link. NOPENOPENOPE

btkadams

Dammit I saw the 8-bit link everywhere right up until breath of the wild came out and now it's nowhere. I'm guessing it's not being manufactured anymore either? I'm a bit bummed. There's some neat amiibo-exclusive stuff and I don't have any of the older Zelda amiibo aside from Sheik.

schlew

Dammit I saw the 8-bit link everywhere right up until breath of the wild came out and now it's nowhere. I'm guessing it's not being manufactured anymore either? I'm a bit bummed. There's some neat amiibo-exclusive stuff and I don't have any of the older Zelda amiibo aside from Sheik.

I bought mine just a couple days ago at the Toys R Us in Whitby. Not sure where you're located though...They did have a lot when I left.

i-Jest

Retailer exclusive Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta. Have fun.

Really?

I haven't watched the Direct yet but FUUUUUUUCK that's gonna be tough. One final nightmare to end this odyssey I guess. It wouldn't be a proper Smash Amiibo hunt otherwise I guess. * sighs* Okay guys, I'm buying all the final Smash Amiibo, all variations. Gonna finish this collection PROPER.

Brofield

I need both Bayonetta, but I'm still deciding on which Cloud to get.

GameStop confirmed that they're the retailer exclusive for AC Cloud and Twilight Princess Link. Think that will hold true for EB Games here?

zroid

Banned
I need both Bayonetta, but I'm still deciding on which Cloud to get.

GameStop confirmed that they're the retailer exclusive for AC Cloud and Twilight Princess Link. Think that will hold true for EB Games here?

Probably yes

I think I'm going for OG Cloud / F-Corrin / Bayo 2

i-Jest

New amiibo's appeared on amazon.ca just now. Here's a link to the Skyward Sword Link amiibo:
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B06ZZ6FKGF/

Corrin (Male and Female) Bayonetta and Cloud all have listings on there too. Female Corrin is an amazon exclusive :|

Got Cloud, Bayo 2, both Corrin's and Pikmin. All I'm missing now is classic Bayo and AC Cloud. I got a good start going.

This last wave might just be ugly to deal with, in the sense stock levels are gonna be stress. If so, how nostalgic would that be right?

zroid

Banned
So all Animal Crossing amiibo are $3.99 at Best Buy this week

also, Amiibo Festival (Isabelle + Digby) bundled with Lottie is $9.99

if anyone still wants these...

Has the FE 2-pack been available anywhere again? I missed out on it before and I'd really like to have it join my Echoes LE. Any help is appreciated!

i-Jest

Ahh, it doesn't ship to Winnipeg! Thanks so much for the suggestion, though. Much appreciated!

Actually? That's insane. I've imported from Amazon straight to Toronto before. The system full on prevents you from placing the order? Okay, I'm seeing the message of it not shipping to Canada. I don't understand that. They'll allow the FE Echoes CE to be imported but not the companion figures? Give it a bit of time. They probably want to give domestic customers a chance to purchase the Amiibo before they remove the restriction. If you want, you can contact customer service to see how long they intend on doing this for.

keakster

Does anyone know if the Twilight Princess Link amiibo is indeed an EB exclusive?

It is currently the only Canadian retailer that has listed it for sale, but the listing page does not say it is exclusive. (Interestingly, the Majora's Mask has only been listed on BestBuy but also says nothing about being exclusive while Amazon clearly states that Skyward Sword Link is an Amazon only item)

The TP Link is the only one that I didn't get a pre-order on and am hoping that I more are available in store on launch day.

i-Jest

I am liking the fact that Monster Hunter Stories is finally coming over. I dislike that we're not getting the Amiibo for the game though.

Sora_N

I am liking the fact that Monster Hunter Stories is finally coming over. I dislike that we're not getting the Amiibo for the game though.

Ugh, wonder if they'll keep the functionality then? Actually interested in MHS even though I don't like MH games.

Gravidee

Does anyone know if the Twilight Princess Link amiibo is indeed an EB exclusive?

It is currently the only Canadian retailer that has listed it for sale, but the listing page does not say it is exclusive. (Interestingly, the Majora's Mask has only been listed on BestBuy but also says nothing about being exclusive while Amazon clearly states that Skyward Sword Link is an Amazon only item)

The TP Link is the only one that I didn't get a pre-order on and am hoping that I more are available in store on launch day.

I'm pretty positive that it's an EB exclusive. With any luck there will be some more stock of these exclusives on release day. I missed out on the Skyward Link from Amazon.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I'm watching AmiAmi as well. They have Chrom and Tiki up right now for roughly $16 CAD each. You're paying for shipping, but you could bundle with other purchases too you have going out that month.

keakster

Where should we be watching once the new waves go up.. just bestbuy, ebgames and amazon?

The community guys on the BestBuy forums are pretty good about giving 12-24 hours notice of stock going up online. There is a separate topic for each wave of amiibo announced at E3 (Mario, Metroid & Zelda) and I just subscribe to the thread and wait for the community managers to tell us when to start F5'ing

So... what's the best way of camping out for amiibo? I'm gonna be in Montreal (visiting from out of NA) starting next week and want to pick up the Splatoon 2 amiibo.... somehow.... I leave the night of the 21st though, so I think camping out is my only option? Unless they restock preorders after this week's Direct....

Top Bottom