• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 & Offseason |OT2| Wenger In Fam! Wenger Out Blud!

DBT85

Sunderland having a bigger wage bill than A. Madrid highlights everything wrong with the Premier League.

It also highlights how well a model can work where everyone gets a decent slice of the pie that a relegated team can pay that much and will probably still be ok being relegated because of the parachute payments.

TimmmV

Remember, part of the reason that wage bill is so high will be down to having to pay players extra to convince them to live in fucking Sunderland

TimmmV

What's wrong with Sunderland? Looks like a nice city by the sea.

Just curious.

That whole area of the country is known for having pretty miserable weather and is fairly economically depressed in general really, its also miles away from anywhere else

I said that as a joke, but tbh if I was a footballer I probably would be asking for more money to go play there

Also, they voted for Brexit. And I'm still bitter af about that

Remember, part of the reason that wage bill is so high will be down to having to pay players extra to convince them to live in fucking Sunderland

I'm assuming any person with money and sense living in the north east would be living in Durham.

Dom King(From the Mail but pretty reliable when it comes to North West teams) is reporting Liverpool are close to signing Mohamed Salah now.

Mane on one side, Salah on the other. Nice, although we'll be fucked come Africa Cup of Nations!

Kyoufu

It also highlights how well a model can work where everyone gets a decent slice of the pie that a relegated team can pay that much and will probably still be ok being relegated because of the parachute payments.

Sunderland are in really poor financial shape so I'm not sure if they'll be OK if they don't bounce back first try.

Sciel

I'm amazed that Sunderland actually kept Moyes for the whole season (and then have him leave only at the end of the season!).

It was clear as day since the opening weeks of the season that it was a disaster waiting to happen

luso

1860 Munich owner Hasan Ismaik didn't provide money to register the club in the 3rd Liga. The club will now be relegated to Amateur football.

Some details here

...losing a playoff against the third best team from the third division, Jahn Regensburg earlier this week. This saw 1860 relegated to the third division, while Regensburg moved up to the second. However, with Ismaik refusing to pay the licensing fee, the best the club can hope for is the fourth tier and they may fall as far as the fifth.

Edit: There's will to accept 1860 in the Regionalliga Bayern (4th tier) if conditions are met.

casiopao

Sunderland having a bigger wage bill than A. Madrid highlights everything wrong with the Premier League.

Lol. The fact that Arsenal is over Juventus shocked me too lol.O_O I thought only Alexis and Ozil is the big wage bill but it seems the rest of player is also eating tons of wages there.>.>

Sunderland higher than Napoli is also another kind of insanity lol.

Syder

TELEMMGLPICT000130651417-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqqVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwdWlt6YnJTbGxhKdlWhSifo.jpeg

Tubie

Florentino should offer Monaco like 90m for Mbappe and then let him stay at Monaco for a season or two on loan.

flo.png

Zasa

Vidal is easily one of the best midfielders of this generation, such a complete midfielder. So much composure in front of goal for a b2b

Bersi

Ehh? For what? We are targetting Meret or Donnaruma though.

I don't think we will ever buy Donnarumma and Meret has still never played in Serie A,szczesny would replace Neto next year and he could be a great stop gap solution while we wait a couple of years for Meret or some other young keeper to grow.

casiopao

I don't think we will ever buy Donnarumma and Meret has still never played in Serie A,szczesny would replace Neto next year and he could be a great stop gap solution while we wait a couple of years for Meret or some other young keeper to grow.

If only Gigio agent is not that fox Raiola hiks.

I am also a bit sad that Perin keep getting hit with injury as i rate him really high here. His reflex is abnormal. And his position reading is also one of the best.

Jarnet87

People acting like Juve doesn't have the best defense in the world.

Isn't this what people said 2 years ago before Barcelona stomped them. I think Juve have to score multiple goals to win, defense alone won't grind it out against Madrid. Also lets see how lenient the ref is, we know Casemiro will get lucky with at least 3 bad tackles lol.

Sciel

Good Luck to both RM and Juve fans.

I don't like either team much, but i'll support RM solely due to the Ronaldo factor.

Tubie

Isn't this what people said 2 years ago before Barcelona stomped them. I think Juve have to score multiple goals to win, defense alone won't grind it out against Madrid. Also lets see how lenient the ref is, we know Casemiro will get lucky with at least 3 bad tackles lol.

I'm willing to bet money Casemiro gets a yellow before the 20th minute.

Top Bottom