• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anarchy Reigns(NA/EU) |OT| Sega, I wish I could hate you to de- *$30* I LOVE YOU SEGA

Neiteio

PlatinumGameJP said:
Dude, I'm on vacation until next week... Also, there is a whole list of us on twitter (www.twitter.com/platinumgames/platinumgamesstaff), so you can do this on your own. I could just imagine the conversation, me going around the office with a notebook for this... The amount of times someone would tell me to do something productive would probably be more than the amount of people I'd get to answer. There's nearly 200 people in our studio to begin with.
Whoa... Sorry man. I wasn't really being impatient. It was all in good fun. Just showing interest in your guys' game, and was genuinely curious to know what the gamemaker thought of the characters, but no big deal. Sorry man.

As for artists - Yeah, mostly I do the A&R for them along with a radio DJ duo from Tokyo named Joey Slick and Stilly Still. I found Ox through Myspace. The Illect crew were because I heard a Skribbling Idiots track I loved in a record store buying vinyl. Same thing with Kutmaster Kurt's label and getting Rushden & Diamonds. Then Joey and Still send us huge numbers of samples and the sound team, director, and myself pick who we like. The ones that really stands out for me from there are Vstylez and Josh Clemons. I fought hard to get Josh on the soundtrack. Of course, we had to bring Doujah and Sick YG back as well.

Dilated are on because they are awesome and I've been a fan for 10+ years.
I take it the songs are made for the game, though, right? Just going off the subject matter in a lot of them, it'd seem that way, but sometimes I'm not sure.

JPKellams

Whoa... Sorry man. I wasn't really being impatient. It was all in good fun. Just showing interest in your guys' game, and was genuinely curious to know what the gamemaker thought of the characters, but no big deal. Sorry man.

I take it the songs are made for the game, though, right? Just going off the subject matter in a lot of them, it'd seem that way, but sometimes I'm not sure.

Don't worry about it. I get that. Just want to direct you in the right direction.

And yep, all the songs in the game are bespoke.

Neiteio

Don't worry about it. I get that. Just want to direct you in the right direction.
OK, just checking. Btw, it'd be cool to know what characters you like when you're back on the clock. :)

And yep, all the songs in the game are bespoke.
Had to look up what "bespoke" means -- looks like the commissioning of tracks for a specific purpose. That's really neat. Some of this stuff, like "Ruthless" and "Here We Go," I'd never suspect were made for a game -- if I heard them in a store or something, I'd assume they were hip-hop/pop music not attached to any other media. It just speaks to the quality of the soundtrack, which is incredible.

Mechazawa

I ended up putting just three gifs that Teknoman made in a link because scrolling past them in Chrome chugged my computer. There is absolutely no way I'm putting 16ish high res pictures in a part of the first page that I'm going to have to revisit in the next couple of days and add gamertags to.

Just scrolling up and down this current page is killing me.

Neiteio

I ended up putting just three gifs that Teknoman made in a link because scrolling past them in Chrome chugged my computer. There is absolutely no way I'm putting 16ish high res pictures in a part of the first page that I'm going to have to revisit in the next couple of days and add gamertags to.

Just scrolling up and down this current page is killing me.
I'll take them out then. Didn't realize it'd cause comp issues. Sorry. :)

Curious, though, how does your comp hold up in like the art thread? Because 16 character portraits shrunken in quotes is nothing compared to that.

JPKellams

OK, just checking. Btw, it'd be cool to know what characters you like when you're back on the clock. :)

Had to look up what "bespoke" means -- looks like the commissioning of tracks for a specific purpose. That's really neat. Some of this stuff, like "Ruthless" and "Here We Go," I'd never suspect were made for a game -- if I heard them in a store or something, I'd assume they were hip-hop/pop music not attached to any other media. It just speaks to the quality of the soundtrack, which is incredible.

Thank you.

And I use my boy Baron. All day. (He is somewhat my creation. I wanted a pimp in Madworld and then wrote Black's dialogue. He is kinda a cross between the pimps featured in American Pimp and Katt Williams. This is more evident in Anarchy since we made Blacker such a central part of Jack's story.)

Neiteio

Thank you.

And I use my boy Baron. All day. (He is somewhat my creation. I wanted a pimp in Madworld and then wrote Black's dialogue. He is kinda a cross between the pimps featured in American Pimp and Katt Williams. This is more evident in Anarchy since we made Blacker such a central part of Jack's story.)
From what I've seen of the campaign, Baron's voice acting is hilarious. On paper he seems like something people might take offense to, but in execution he's so disarmingly silly. Never thought I'd find a pimp oddly adorable, but there you go. Love him. Mathilda being so low-key by comparison makes her a great foil.

Any trivia that comes to mind on the creation of Big Bull? I can't be the only person in the universe who loves Bull's character design. Steam-ports on the snout and crotch, detachable horns, rocket sledgehammer. The way his eyes flicker like jack-o-lanterns (in that one CGI, at least). One of those characters I wish I could claim I created, lol.

Mechazawa

Curious, though, how does your comp hold up in like the art thread? Because 16 character portraits shrunken in quotes is nothing compared to that.

The problem, in chrome at least, is when you have 16 BIGHEUG images within close proximity to each other. The art thread is mostly a bunch of small thumbnails and the largest images are generally not as big as the renders you posted and usually spaced out.

If you want the renders in the OP, I'll put them, they just have to be links or something.

Neiteio

The problem, in chrome at least, is when you have 16 BIGHEUG images within close proximity to each other. The art thread is mostly a bunch of small thumbnails and the largest images are generally not as big as the renders you posted and usually spaced out.

If you want the renders in the OP, I'll put them, they just have to be links or something.
I understand. And sure, if you want to link them, use this link to a single post, from the other thread. Thanks. :)

wanders

I love how the music -- as gangsta as it is -- barely has any swearing. Because if there's one thing I can't stand, it's fucking shitty unnecesary swearing.

Fuck. Shit.

Booger.

In the vlog on Dilated Peoples they said the don't swear unless they absolutely meant it. I thought that was cool.

SGRemy

I'm in good at my local Gamestop (I technically work there too lol) since I got my copy early elsewhere, ima have to get the bayonetta by itself, ill try to get a few extra for yall....maybe only 2 extra though....

Serra

Thank you.

This explains why I think he is a terrible character then :D

SGRemy

This explains why I think he is a terrible character then :D
Shoulda been more like Zimos (SR3)

And come teusday I'm not gonna play this for a few days to let people catch up.....shame on me for learning an infinite >,>

But for those who got it early....fair game....well....about as fair as an infinite can be lol

-PXG-

Got my PS3 copy paid off. Tuesday just needs to get its ass over.

Oh, OP, you still neep to add me to the PSN list, fool :p

PXG_S3

Pre-ordered awhile ago. Come on Tuesday!

Sometimes we can't sell taste even if it is half-price.

6820057854_6d7d1f3508_o.gif

American Pimp is great film. Gorgeous Dre showing out for the hometown New Orleans. Not really a Kat williams fan, but Baron is infinitely more interesting than Kat imo. That said I'm ready for the 8th and have convinced 3-5 friends to pick this up. Anyone know where I can get the OST to this and Madworld?

Volcynika

American Pimp is great film. Gorgeous Dre showing out for the hometown New Orleans. Not really a Kat williams fan, but Baron is infinitely more interesting than Kat imo. That said I'm ready for the 8th and have convinced 3-5 friends to pick this up. Anyone know where I can get the OST to this and Madworld?

Amazon has a digital download of Max Anarchy's OST.

PopfulMail

Couldn't find a demo on my jp 360 account... so I fell for the GAF hype and pre-ordered on amazon anyway. Soundtrack is all good from what I've listened to so far and the pricing is on point. Looking forward to playing in a few days.

Thank you.

Oh wow I always thought he was partly inspired by ghost face with his eagle arm bracelet lol! Can't wait for Tuesday!!

ghostface1.jpg

Couldn't find a demo on my jp 360 account... so I fell for the GAF hype and pre-ordered on amazon anyway. Soundtrack is all good from what I've listened to so far and the pricing is on point. Looking forward to playing in a few days.
They took the demo down sometime, which is super sad. ):

JPKellams

Oh wow I always thought he was partly inspired by ghost face with his eagle arm bracelet lol! Can't wait for Tuesday!!

ghostface1.jpg

Not sure if we used that for visual reference... Totally possible. The fists were Yamanaka-san's idea, I think. I just named them.

Ouch, nice comeback!

Thanks! I'll be here all week.

FWIW, that comeback is even funnier if you hear it in the Baron's voice while he shakes his head.

Neiteio

ghostface1.jpg
Holy shit, Baron's gold eagle hood ornament bracelets are real? Time to acquire some, set them on fire, and start incorporating the word "murk" into everything I say.

I wonder if Big Bull was based off of the bronze bull -- horrible torture device you can all read about if you want to be disgusted by ancient humanity. Alternatively, he might be based off Moloch -- the ancient Phoenecians, if I'm not mixing up my facts here, were said to have idols of brass set ablaze for the sacrifice of children.

Or they could've just said, "Man, a 9-foot-tall bull cybrid would be fucking awesome" and went from there. I know not how Platinum works.

Neiteio

Baron's flowing coattails when sprinting makes him look cool in action.

Bringing the lols and fighting with blinged-out bracelets is just a bonus.

Can't wait to get the game and review it, but damnit, the lack of local multiplayer is horrible.

How is the game going to survive? Through online? That's not the best way to keep a fighter going.

Imagine going to a local tourny. I'd have to hope that the venture has internet access or people get to watch me play against others around the world. It also means we don't get to have a truly balanced match.

Unless you have Japan's high speed internet (IIRC, good enough to be run at tournies), lag is going to happen from time to time, and that's a huge issue for pros and even casual players. This game is going to struggle hard, and I really don't want it to.

Roto13

Can't wait to get the game and review it, but damnit, the lack of local multiplayer is horrible.

How is the game going to survive? Through online? That's not the best way to keep a fighter going.

Imagine going to a local tourny. I'd have to hope that the venture has internet access or people get to watch me play against others around the world. It also means we don't get to have a truly balanced match.

Unless you have Japan's high speed internet (IIRC, good enough to be run at tournies), lag is going to happen from time to time, and that's a huge issue for pros and even casual players. This game is going to struggle hard, and I really don't want it to.

It's not that kind of game.

But it's really too bad it doesn't have local multiplayer because it would be SO fun. Like Smash Bros. or Power Stone levels of local multiplayer greatness.

Top Bottom