• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Father hires hitmen to kill son's virtual character

Thanks for deleting the original post, but...

Otptp.png

that's way better than these camp to cure the young chinese addicted. Props to the dad for fun, original, non violent and clever way to deal with the problem

Terrell

What I can't get over is the fact that, had every offended person not RE-POSTED that comic, I wouldn't have had to see it, either. Thanks, guys.

On topic, this is a great idea. If it were me, though? Cut off the internet. "You wanna play? Need your fix? Get a job."

red731

I think that's supposed to be a simple spanking, but it does look like a hand up the ass. Is that what people are freaking out about?

I think you need to rething the "cave explorer" part. If that was a spanking, it would be "newspaper landing the surface" or something similar.
And yeah, people are freaking out about it. I don't know why, it is just a a image. But then again, I can see why.

Blizzard

Banned
Some people may have been abused by parents, uncles, etc. as children, and a comic of a father sexually molesting a child is just kind of sick in my opinion, so I can see why it would bother people.

That father kicks ass. I hope this becomes a trend.

And that parody strip is hilarious (if you know the original).

Some people may have been abused by parents, uncles, etc. as children, and a comic of a father sexually molesting a child is just kind of sick in my opinion, so I can see why it would bother people.

True, but I doubt most of the angry posters in this thread were. (I sure as hell hope not :( )

True, but I doubt most of the angry posters in this thread were. (I sure as hell hope not :( )

No, but I have kids and plenty of bad shit has been happening lately, I'm pretty sensitive to it. I find plenty of bad taste stuff amusing, but I don't think that is necessary in the context of the thread, that's all.

That's not to say I suddenly have an intense loathing for the guy who posted it; I just asked for the image itself to be removed. Without quoting it. ;)

You don't have to be abused to be sympathetic to those that have been; in fact I would consider that basic human empathy. A lot of people read this very thread today and either had bad memories triggered or had the concept of sexual abuse ever so slightly normalized for them.

I really did not expect that image to find apologists here but then maybe I am too optimistic.

He could have saved a lot of money by simply kicking his 23 year old ass out of his house.
Chinese culture is different from Western culture, family tends to live together even when 40 year old etc; it's why relatives live pretty nearby as well. It's only recently that western ideals are starting to make more independent Chinese who will move somewhere else.

RSLAEV

No, but I have kids and plenty of bad shit has been happening lately, I'm pretty sensitive to it. I find plenty of bad taste stuff amusing, but I don't think that is necessary in the context of the thread, that's all.

This paragraph is disgusting to me.

edit: Ok this was a dick thing for me to say-sorry. What I should have said is I can understand seeing something in a thread so revolting that you make an appeal to have it removed. But personally I don't think this cartoon was that bad. It wasn't graphic, and it was actually clever. And you have to realize the fact that you can't call for something to be censored because *you* have children or you were abused or know someone that has been abused. As unfortunate as that is you can't expect the rest of us to be sensitive to it if we aren't addressing you directly.

Ok, going back to the original issue...

Wasn't this an episode of king of the hill, where hank gets hooked on games, and Peggy basically targets him?

Top Bottom