• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Green Man Gaming Thread: Save some green, man

smr00

Banned
Is Mass Effect collection worth getting at $30? Or should i just wait.

Take into account i just got my first gaming PC since about 2006 and i am itching for games, i played 1 and 2 on 360 and loved both but i really don't care for 3..

Is Mass Effect collection worth getting at $30? Or should i just wait.

Take into account i just got my first gaming PC since about 2006 and i am itching for games, i played 1 and 2 on 360 and loved both but i really don't care for 3..

1 & 2 have been sold together on Steam for $10. I believe none of the separate DLC comes with the trilogy so if you don't want to play ME3 you can definitely get 1 & 2 cheaper if you wait.

Bumhead

Banned
Wow, when did the Aliens: Coloniel Marines price drop? It's £25.99 now where it was £34.99 last time I checked. I assume vouchers and credit can drive that even lower..

I knew the game had an increasingly low level of hype so maybe retailers have caught wind of that. I'm half tempted at that price. I had a pretty fun time with the multiplayer at last years Eurogamer Expo even if I've got low expectations for the rest of it.

Dizzy

Banned
Sims 3 £14.99.

I skipped on this at £7.50 on steam over christmas. I got confused and read some people were having issues with the game/dlc on steam? not sure what that was. Something like steam not getting regular updates or something.

I want to buy this now - but then I hear it can't work with dlc bought on steam, and I wouldn't want to put myself in a situation where I buy the game now and have to get dlc through origin or greenman and say its full price at a a time where the dlc on steam ends up in a sale.

TL:RD, Is it best to buy Sims 3 on steam or origin considering possible future dlc upgrades

Addnan

This is annoying. "Sorry, an error has occurred while processing your request. An administrator has been notified."

Wanted to get Crysis 3..

edit: eh, seems to have fixed itself.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Is there a discount coupon active currently? Wtb Amalur but would be nice if it was under ~10 rather than just above.

Tizoc

@JamesGMG: If you don't mind me asking will you start selling/providing PSN cash codes on GMG? Also any chance you could start selling download codes for PSN games?

dmr87

25% off selected titles this weekend

GMG25-T6JV8-1NPBA

AirBuccaneers
Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass
BioShock Infinite*
The Cave
Crysis 3*

Dead Island Riptide
Dead Pixels
Defiance
Defiance Digital Deluxe Edition
DmC: Devil May Cry
Euro Truck Simulator 2

Omerta City of Gangsters
Scribblenauts Unlimited*
SimCity Limited Edition*
Sniper Ghost Warrior 2
Strike Suit Zero

*While the voucher is not valid on selected titles in North America, in place of this North American users can get some incredible deals on GMG Credit and Cashback for select titles. Regional restrictions apply on certain titles, in order for us to hold up contractual obligations. This voucher will expire at 1800 GMT February 12th.

http://blog.greenmangaming.com/2013/02/25-off-selected-titles-this-weekend.html

JamesGMG

Banned
GMG25-T6JV8-1NPBA

AirBuccaneers
BioShock Infinite*
The Cave
Crysis 3*

Dead Island Riptide
Dead Pixels
Defiance
Euro Truck Simulator 2

Omerta City of Gangsters
Scribblenauts Unlimited*
SimCity Limited Edition*
Sniper Ghost Warrior 2
Strike Suit Zero

*While the voucher is not valid on selected titles in North America, in place of this North American users can get some incredible deals on GMG Credit and Cashback for select titles. Regional restrictions apply on certain titles, in order for us to hold up contractual obligations. This voucher will expire at 1800 GMT February 12th.

Arr, beat me to it.

GMG25-T6JV8-1NPBA

AirBuccaneers
BioShock Infinite*
The Cave
Crysis 3*

Dead Island Riptide
Dead Pixels
Defiance
Euro Truck Simulator 2

Omerta City of Gangsters
Scribblenauts Unlimited*
SimCity Limited Edition*
Sniper Ghost Warrior 2
Strike Suit Zero

Crysis 3? It's not even on GMG.

Alexios

Oh, Amalur 50% off is over, glad I caught it before that... Game seems alright, like a Fable 3 that doesn't suck sans sims crap.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Ahh, it's blocked for Australians. Classy as fuck, as always EA.

Is there a reason why some games don't show prices?

EA usually only sells to US and UK through GMG. IF you don't see a price, it's because it's not available in your region.

A VPN will fix that issue for you, though.

Oh, Amalur 50% off is over, glad I caught it before that... Game seems alright, like a Fable 3 that doesn't suck sans sims crap.
GMG didn't give out Steam codes for KOA, right?

I'll really be pissed if I missed a Steam code promotion for KoA....

Alexios

Is there a reason why some games don't show prices?
To make you click buy to see it and then go "oh well, a bit higher than I wanted but whatever, I've clicked so..!".

GMG didn't give out Steam codes for KOA, right?

I'd really want it on Steam, but I don't want it if it's not on Steam...
Origin code. Each game's page tells you what service if will be on, Steam, Origin, GMG Capsule, whatever it is. I probably wouldn't buy it for some random service but since I already use Origin for BF3 whatever, might as well get a couple more games when the price is right. Origin and Steam sell it for like 50 still, lol. Got Syndicate for Origin off GMG also.

gamma

EA usually only sells to US and UK through GMG. IF you don't see a price, it's because it's not available in your region.

A VPN will fix that issue for you, though.

Nah, see:

To make you click buy to see it and then go "oh well, a bit higher than I wanted but whatever, I've clicked so..!".

It's stupid. And also it's just for some games. Annoying as hell. Is it really on purpose?

Tizoc

Bummer, wanted to gift it to someone. Ooh well, it will have to wait til the summer sale then.

Just an FYI that this is the cheapest the game's ever been sold for ;3

Actually, JamesGMG, any chance Dear Esther can be updated with a Steam code, if you don't mind me asking?

JamesGMG

Banned
Just an FYI that this is the cheapest the game's ever been sold for ;3

Actually, JamesGMG, any chance Dear Esther can be updated with a Steam code, if you don't mind me asking?

Don't mind you asking at all mate! For the foreseeable future we'll have the Capsule version, so I wouldn't hold out waiting for it to be Steam from GMG.

Is anyone else having problems buying Zombies? I bought it but it doesn't appear on my library. I never got a confirmation mail either.

I try buying it again and it says I already have it :/

Alexios

Is anyone else having problems buying Zombies? I bought it but it doesn't appear on my library. I never got a confirmation mail either.

The free game? Zombies.? Or something else?

Alexios

I dunno I didn't bother setting up that extra account it wants me to in order to get it, lol. Looks fun though, might do today.

Aru

Nope. I bought the game last night and didn't have any problem. I haven't tried downloading it though.

Aru

Ninja Blade had a trading value before going free. For now, the game can't be traded in. I wonder if they will offer to trade in the game later.

Alexios

Fuck, I just got Ninja Blade without any problems. I guess I'm not getting Zombies after all.
Same, Zombies. offer ended while the account setup was stuck at checking handle... Got Ninja Blade.

Ninja Blade had a trading value before going free. For now, the game can't be traded in. I wonder if they will offer to trade in the game later.
That's happened with free games before I think. Don't expect much of course.

But it's still neat. With the trade-ins and credit refunds you can make good deals that much sweeter.

Top Bottom