• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 5 screens

Joei

That Joker fatality is awesome. I really hope this game is as good as Deadly Alliance. If it is then this would be a definite purchase. Although I'm not really feeling the DC cast too much. I'm sure they're going for main characters that everyone knows about, but throw in a popular side character or two and I'd be happy.

Nemesis556 said:
It's awesome, but if this was Mortal Kombat her head would be blown clean off.

Stupid T Rating.

I am not a fan of Joker's fighting style either, but I guess I can't have everything.

I'm interested in this game for sure though - it's surprised me.

actually I think her head snapping back and falling over is what makes it disturbing, a shower of goo and blood fountain would be more cartoony imo

mr stroke

Father_Brain said:
The game has had blood since the earliest videos released, and there are plenty of T-rated games with animated blood. It would take things like dismemberment or decapitation to garner an M rating, and MK vs. DC doesn't have them.

:lol
Fucking ESRB
Halo gets an M rating with really tame violence
and
MK-DC gets a T and gets away with shoting someone in the head
:lol

Mamesj

Banned
ZombieSupaStar said:
actually I think her head snapping back and falling over is what makes it disturbing, a shower of goo and blood fountain would be more cartoony imo

So true. Nice work ESRB!

bengraven

So fucking out of place.

You've got the bright and colorful spandex of DC and the gritty, gothic violent Mortal Kombat. Seriously? I mean, fucking seriously?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
bengraven said:
So fucking out of place.

You've got the bright and colorful spandex of DC and the gritty, gothic violent Mortal Kombat. Seriously? I mean, fucking seriously?
2h7ih5y.gif

Mamesj

Banned
bengraven said:
So fucking out of place.

11qgwhl.gif

"WHATCHOO SAY ABOUT BRIGHT AND COLORFUL SPANDEX?!"

don't even try-- there's one cool fatality in the game so now the gaf hivemind loves it. I agree this game is an abomination, but midway needs it to fund Blacksite: Area 51 2 and all the other shit they shovel out.

G-Fex

Man I'd like Hush or Black hand or The Shark as some villains but judging by Joker's moves/fatality he's an awesome addition.

And hopefully Shao Kahn is in.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
VisionaryQuest0 said:
Every character's eyes glow when doing a fatality. They explained it that it is like they are being possessed by something.
Is that something they did to appease the ESRB?

ZombieSupaStar said:
I guess I'll go against the grain and say that I could probably do without the fatalities in this game. They just make me think of what they could have done. Joker's 'smile' knife trick would have been far more disturbing. Even the cartoon had a better Joker murder. The fighting engine looks pretty decent though.

I just saw this clip :lol
Here's hoping the other two DC Characters are someone not residing in Gotham/Metropolis. If it is, then Two-face or Riddler better be one of them. Watchmen characters would be mind blowing! :D

MK Characters are all from MK2 so that's a great news. Here's hoping Baraka, Kung Lao or Smoke are in the game.

I don't want any copy/paste characters like Mileena/Jade or Nightwing/Robin. Make them alternate costumes, but don't make them different characters cause that'll be waste of space.

EDIT: Now that i mentioned it, something tells me that Mr. Freeze would be the next DC Character to balance out Subzero.

Evander

"industry expert"
I made a Doctor Manhattan in Soul Calibur 4.

Anyway, does anyone know what's going to be in the LE version of this game?

fernoca

Evander said:
Anyway, does anyone know what's going to be in the LE version of this game?
fernoca said:
-Kollector's Editions seems to be packaged in a velvet box, containing: a comic book (drawn by MK co-creator John Tobias), a cell art, a making of DVD, a tshirt and the game. But contents hasn't been officially confirmed..aside the comic book.
The comic book is the only thing that has been officially confirmed..everything else, just various websites..reporting that they know someone ..that is working on it (in this case someone's friend who's working at the company that's making the velvet boxes).

For those that don't know what's a velvet box..just imagine those boxes were rings/earrings are usually put in jewelry stores..but the size of a DVD case.

Evander

"industry expert"
I really hope there's no T-shirt.

I hate when they package clothing with games. That shit isn't going to fit me, so please don't make me pay for it.

fernoca said:
The comic book is the only thing that has been officially confirmed..eveyrthing else, just various websites..reporting that they know someone ..that is working on it (in this case someone's friend who's working at the company that's making the velvet boxes)

Here's the survey question that i recieved from midway:

If Midway was to do a Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe Kollector's Edition. Please vote for you favorite bonus item.

Comic Book
Art Book
Soundtrack
T-shirt
Animation Cell
Exclusive DC video
Making of MK vs DC video
Other (Please specify)

I chose "Other" and asked for action figure (to be specific, I asked for "Joker vs. Lui Kang" action figure for i knew that both the characters are in the game) because seriously, the past MK Titles always had a "Making of" video and digital artwork, and that stuff like Soundtrack and T-shirts are useless.

Evander said:
I really hope there's no T-shirt.

I hate when they package clothing with games. That shit isn't going to fit me, so please don't make me pay for it.

No shit. I wear a XXL or XXXL depending on cut and they NEVER pack those in.
If youre going to pack a shirt with it, make it separate and in a variety of sizes. Sorry, but "large" DOES NOT EQUAL one size fits all!!!

fernoca

shagg_187 said:

I chose "Other" and asked for action figure (to be specific, I asked for "Joker vs. Lui Kang" action figure for i knew that both the characters are in the game) because seriously, the past MK Titles always had a "Making of" video and digital artwork, and that stuff like Soundtrack and T-shirts are useless.
Though they did gave away 2 actions figures with Shaolin Monks (Liu Kang and Kung Lao)..yet many didn't preordered the game and got it later...and they ended selling the figures by separate anyway...

And yeah..I choose 'other' too.. ..though with a different kind of "figure"..since I know it's all about "as low budget as possible" I just asked for 2 Hero-Clix figures..and since they already have a ton of DC Universe-Hero Clix, they just needed to make an MK character-clix.

Who knows though..
Only 2 more characters to be revealed..and the supposed merged boss..

The content of the "kollectors" are planned to be revealed around September...hope it's sooner.

Evander

"industry expert"
shagg_187 said:

Soundtracks can be alright. I just rip them to my Zune, and listen to them later.

But the t-shirts, well, they end up in the rag bin. I hate to do that, but I don't knwo what else to do ith them.

Top Bottom