• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NBA Finals 2017 |OT| Same As It Ever Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I'd really like that tbh. I think he's still haunted/disappointed in his performance last season. And maybe it was because of injuries, maybe it wasn't. But that's not an excuse he likes to use.

But Kyrie looked amazing the past two games. I hope Curry is fired up and ready to ball.
One thing that Warriors fans don't need to worry about is the Dubs being fired up. Last years finals insure they will be fired up. Did you hear what Draymond said about a potential Cavs/Warriors finals rematch earlier this season? Dude is out for blood.

Durant and LeBron will each go off for 40 first game. Clash of the Titans.
kd-lebron-stare-kevin-durant-gifs.gif

GIF should be in the OP, honestly. Would love to know what the hell they're reacting to.

Also, Slim Reaper is a dope nickname. Durant needs to come around on it.

Gorillaz

I like how this series will pretty much come down to Kevin Love and tristan vs zaza and dray since everyone else will just balance each other out

A finals series being decided on by K Love and Zaza potentially. What a world.

Klay gonna sneak in the backdoor while the big 3s cancel each other out.

That's what I'm thinking as well. Lebron and Durant, Curry and Kyrie, and Draymond and Love will take turns having their individual moments against each other. I think Klay is in great position to be the difference maker here.

Jarate

Banned
And you may find yourself living in a shotgun shaq
And you may find yourself in another part of the court
And you may find yourself behind the screen of a large power forward
And you may find yourself in a beautiful court, with a beautiful guard
And you may ask yourself
Well...How did I get here?

I like how this series will pretty much come down to Kevin Love and tristan vs zaza and dray since everyone else will just balance each other out

K Love is great

Him showing up in star form and proving that last year was just because of that concussion is the main thing the cavs have to hope they have added over last year. That, and they do have a deeper and more shooter heavy bench.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Like I would give a damn about the past if the Warriors win and Lebron loses again. You're right, the image will be outdated garbage instead.

Spoken like someone who started watching the series on the 7th game and also didn't pay attention to how they improved this year.

3-1 will never be forgotten.

VeeP

Lebron should have won the first time they met in the finals. Injuries to k love and Irving robbed him of a title.

Could you not say that about Golden State last year?

Steph couldn't even get off the dribble when Love was on him, and had a poor as fuck performance. And this was coming after his record setting season. Igudala was injured as well. He could've easily made that dunk if his back wasn't in pain. Draymond got suspended after Lebron disrespected the fuck out of him, saw the replay, and knew he had an opportunity to get him kicked out (I'd argue this is mostly Draymonds fault tho).

I'm not saying Cavs won on a technicality. But just that injuries are always in this league. They are part of the game. It sucks. Hopefully this year both teams start and stay at full strength.

Dynomutt

Where has JR Swish been? I know he just came home with his little girl so maybe he mights have one of those NBA Jam he's on fire games.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
After disappearing the last two finals? Interesting choice...

Durant will get it, LeBron will deserve it
The first finals he should have gotten it, let's be real. Last season I don't even count seeing as he couldn't even take K Love or Steven Adams off the dribble. Dude was severely limited. I don't care what he says. When you take Steph's lateral quickness away he just becomes a great shooter and not the 2 time MVP we're used to.

BadAss2961

I think JaVale is more of an X factor in this series than Zaza. Cavs might have no answer for him coming off the bench. It's crazy that they have the luxury of a guy like him in a 7th or 8th man role.

phanphare

Banned
After disappearing the last two finals? Interesting choice...

Durant will get it, LeBron will deserve it

steph arguably should have been finals mvp the first year. even in the games where he wasn't as good he'd get going in the 4th and the series really turned when he downloaded delly. last year something was obviously up. he wasn't able to take bigs off the dribble like he usually can. I know it's frowned on for the players themselves to use injury as an excuse but we've all got functioning eye balls.

I think a lot of people forget the Warriors were winning that game at the end of the 3rd and had a 13 point 4th quarter.

There's a reason that 3-1 is a meme, GS choked, Cavs didn't dominate shit.

And this year the Warriors don't have double agent Varejao to hand the game to the Cavs.

Did you read the post? I'll post it myself. Maybe I'll add a thing or two for fun.
I'm sorry, but last year's Cavs win is barely affected by this year's outcome. If the Cavs win, it becomes even crazier, and if they lose, well the warriors added Kevin fucking Durant

A sweep is the only way your rep gets any better here

Jarmel

Banned
I think a lot of people forget the Warriors were winning that game at the end of the 3rd and had a 13 point 4th quarter.

There's a reason that 3-1 is a meme, GS choked, Cavs didn't dominate shit.
Curry choked. Draymond came out to play that entire game.

Maxim726X

No one will post that image more than me if the Warriors win. The meaning of that image will completely change once Lebron is a 5 time NBA finals loser.

And you'd look like a fool again. But apparently that hasn't stopped you before, so enjoy it.

Warriors in 6. Fuck the NBA and it's super teams.

I'm sorry, but last year's Cavs win is barely affected by this year's outcome. If the Cavs win, it becomes even crazier, and if they lose, well the warriors added Kevin fucking Durant

A sweep is the only way your rep gets any better here

Lebron's record in the finals gets impacted heavily. He has to win this time just to BREAK EVEN, that's how many times he has come short on the biggest stage.

Dynomutt

Damn your right he might have to bring out those eagle talon looking hammer toes he's got. Looked like he walked over hot coals with those devil dogs. Shaq's feet so fucked that's the real reason Shaunie left, he kept slicing her legs and sheets when they slept. Shaq big toe look like Sloth and his little toe look like Gollum. He should've stopped messing with Gold Bond and got some tough acting Tinactin.

Warriors in 5
Cavs get game 3 due to the Warriors playing shook
This time no suspensions so Draymond should play in game 5.

Durant wasn't why they lost in the finals a years back. Battier became a god, Mike Miller went super god mode in game 5.
Harden went ghost

No one will post that image more than me if the Warriors win. The meaning of that image will completely change once Lebron is a 5 time NBA finals loser.

Bam Bam Baklava in 2022 "No one will post that image more than me if the Cavs lose. The meaning of that image will completely change once Lebron retires."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom