• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community [OT3] Surely You Saw This Coming

Reposting for new page:
Oh wow, big news! Hasbro is actually teaming up with fan creators to allow them to sell 3D printed figures!

I think this might even be worth creating a separate topic for, if not the for fact that people would be distracted by the larger issue with pony bashing.

BY2K

Membero Americo
tumblr_inline_n8mp80OMbI1sqp7p4.gif

Rainbow Dash: Long live the Princess. *shoves*

Village

Luna look majestic as fuck in that picture

So the MLP Comic Con event is on Friday. Any last predictions? Unfortunately, I imagine that in terms of announcements, it will be dominated by Rainbow Rocks details and maybe an official announcement for Equestria Academy, since it's starting to seem more like the 2015 date for season 5 is the real deal. Any big season 5 details will probably come from the Q&A session. In terms of clips, we already know we're getting Rainbow Rocks clips, and we may get Equestria Academy clips. I get the suspicion that we won't even get animatics for season 5 like we did for season 4. I'd be happy to be proven wrong, though.

Also,
tumblr_inline_n8mp80OMbI1sqp7p4.gif

One where that gif from?

Predictions, eh whats happening with the show. Hopes? Luna/Celestia episode.

One where that gif from?
Got it from another forum, don't know the original source. Well, I mean, it's obviously from one of those stage shows they do for kids, but I don't know any specifics.

Anyway, you guys remember a while ago when they started releasing "micro comics", with shrunken down versions of the micro-series comics packaged with a poster, stickers, and a tattoo? The second set has come out. The only micro-series issues left are the CMC and Spike... I'm guessing they aren't going to get one of these. I like how they somehow managed to choose the Luna comic cover that has her season 1 design; seriously, why do they keep insisting on using that design in merchandising?

Also, Hasbro earnings report. The company as a whole missed its mark, but its girls toys division is doing well.

BDGAME

One of those might not be proper to post here.

Ask Velvet? It is think for a more mature public, but it is not explicit or something like this. More than that, the story and characters are very good.

Ask Velvet is like a sitcom, so, I believe its OK to post it here.

Ask Velvet? It is think for a more mature public, but it is not explicit or something like this. More than that, the story and characters are very good.

Ask Velvet is like a sitcom, so, I believe its OK to post it here.
Hm, I thought it had nsfw content.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Brenda Kicky has posted a few preview glimpses of the CMC/Discord/Fluttershy adventure in time and space.

BswRyXVCYAEn_Pi.jpg

sdTMPtp.jpg

Adorability is going to be off the charts.

Just read Friends Forever #7, with Luna and Pinkie. It was a good issue, but I honestly thought the scenes with Twilight were a lot more interesting and funnier than the ones with Pinkie. Her scenes had great moments like Spike falling off the ladder, Twilight catching him, and putting him right back at the top of the ladder. Meanwhile, Pinkie's parts just sort of felt like Pinkie being relatively calm. It's nice to see that Pinkie didn't abandon her friends from "Party of One" even though she's no longer depressed. I liked the way Celestia was presented. Luna, to be honest, felt a bit bland, despite all of her yelling. Still, none of the characters were bad.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I thought FF7 would have benefited from not wasting time with Twilight. It takes a third of the issue just to get Luna and Pinkie together. I also thought the Funny Farm was over the top, even for pinkie.

All that being said, the issue redeems itself with the joke training in Canterlot and the ending. Not the best issue of FF, but it was certainly time well spent.

$200

Banned
I thought FF7 would have benefited from not wasting time with Twilight. It takes a third of the issue just to get Luna and Pinkie together. I also thought the Funny Farm was over the top, even for pinkie.

All that being said, the issue redeems itself with the joke training in Canterlot and the ending. Not the best issue of FF, but it was certainly time well spent.

FF7 was aight. I feel none of the FF series have been amazing but none have been terrible either (I skipped #1). However it's the third or fourth time they put a cameo of the imp thing from the Rainbow Dash micro and it always rustles my jimmies when I see them >_>

I gave up searching for a physical copy of issue #13 by the way (ebay copies too expensive). Is comixology the best digital choice?

PaulloDEC

It was a good issue, but I honestly thought the scenes with Twilight were a lot more interesting and funnier than the ones with Pinkie.

I thought FF7 would have benefited from not wasting time with Twilight.

WCW.gif

FF7 was aight. I feel none of the FF series have been amazing but none have been terrible either (I skipped #1).

I'd agree with this, they're all just OK in my opinion. This one felt a little bit stuck in the past to me; the Luna here is straight out of "Luna Eclipsed", both in the way she acts towards others and the way others act towards her. The whole Rocky/Sir Lintsalot/Madame LeFlour thing was a surprisingly distant callback too.

I gave up searching for a physical copy of issue #13 by the way (ebay copies too expensive). Is comixology the best digital choice?

Comixology is great. I've got a few dozen issues on my account now, and it all works really well (especially if you've got a tablet to read on).

$200

Banned
316px-Comic_issue_21_cover_A.jpg

Woah. Done reading #21 and it has to be one of my favs. I didn't expect that when I first saw the art style. But the story and character interaction were interesting and as it went on I started to dig the art too.

And we have our first official clips of Rainbow Rocks! ... I don't like the song. Since I'm in the process of watching Littlest Pet Shop (toward the end of season 2; show's eh, but it was better in season 1 and I hear season 3 is better), I'll say it sounds like a low-grade version of one of the Bisket Twins songs from that show. In fact, as I try to recall the song, it just sort of transitions into "Two for One" in my mind. Also, wow, it's really obvious that Adagio has the same singing voice as Rarity (unless that isn't the case, in which case ignore that statement).

I guess it's good that Sunset Shimmer is being portrayed as genuinely resentful, but from what little we see, she's just kind of boring now. She's as mopey as people thought Luna would be before season 2. Also, it's odd that the previews show nothing about Twilight when the synopsis on theater listings talk about her returning.

And I guess the villains are sirens or something.

Cheerilee

And we have our first official clips of Rainbow Rocks! ... I don't like the song. Since I'm in the process of watching Littlest Pet Shop (toward the end of season 2; show's eh, but it was better in season 1 and I hear season 3 is better), I'll say it sounds like a low-grade version of one of the Bisket Twins songs from that show. In fact, as I try to recall the song, it just sort of transitions into "Two for One" in my mind.

Two For One was the best thing in LPS.

I never noticed a drop in season 2, but then again, I'm rooting for the Biskit Twins to destroy the LPS Universe, so that might have something to do with it.

Season 1 - Sadly, the universe was not destroyed.
Season 2 - Sadly, the universe was not destroyed.
Season 3 - Third time's the charm!

Orcastar

And we have our first official clips of Rainbow Rocks! ... I don't like the song. Since I'm in the process of watching Littlest Pet Shop (toward the end of season 2; show's eh, but it was better in season 1 and I hear season 3 is better), I'll say it sounds like a low-grade version of one of the Bisket Twins songs from that show. In fact, as I try to recall the song, it just sort of transitions into "Two for One" in my mind. Also, wow, it's really obvious that Adagio has the same singing voice as Rarity (unless that isn't the case, in which case ignore that statement).

I guess it's good that Sunset Shimmer is being portrayed as genuinely resentful, but from what little we see, she's just kind of boring now. She's as mopey as people thought Luna would be before season 2. Also, it's odd that the previews show nothing about Twilight when the synopsis on theater listings talk about her returning.

This video is currently not available due to provider license restrictions. :/

$200

Banned

Octavia's hair
looks so stupid.

brian577

Banned
Great, another Luna episode. Can't give one to Celestia after 5 season, but lets give Luna a 4th episode.

Who do you do you think they were talking about when she mentioned characters that are "mainly in the background" as in not always in the background. I'm predicting she's talking about a Celestia and Luna episode.

HUELEN10

Great, another Luna episode. Can't give one to Celestia after 5 season, but lets give Luna a 4th episode.
Confirmation of a Luna episode does not confirmation of lack of a Celestia episode make.

I want a Celestia episode too. Hell, I want an animated episode version of Zen and the Art of Gazebo Repair and Reflections more than anything, but at least a Celestia episode seems more likely.
Who do you do you think they were talking about when she mentioned characters that are "mainly in the background" as in not always in the background. I'm predicting she's talking about a Celestia and Luna episode.
I think it's just another Luna episode.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Meghan has shown the last two seasons that she does not care for Celestia. While she is welcome to prove me wrong, I expect her to allow Celestia to do nothing but get captured and give exposition as she has since Meghan took over.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
DrForester, not saying that it's all Celestia should get or anything like that, but did you like Reflections?

I thought the ending could have been improved and was a bit rushed, but I thoroughly enjoyed it otherwise. There have been very few issues of the comics I haven't enjoyed. And part of it is because they do something with Celestia like Season 1 and Season 2 did. They never resort to just having her get captured again. Even when she isn't the focus, at least they make a point to say what she is doing and why she isn't helping the mane 6.

Celestia isn't a main character. I don't expect every episode to be about her, or for her to even show up in every episode. But there's a big difference between her presence in the show in S1/S2 and S3/S4. And with Luna now getting a second full episode, and having a major role in two other stories since S2, it's all the more glaring that Celestia has gotten squat.

While the show and the comics both excel at the slice of life stories, the comics have vastly surpassed the show when it comes to adventure stories.

Cheerilee

Celestia isn't a main character. I don't expect every episode to be about her, or for her to even show up in every episode. But there's a big difference between her presence in the show in S1/S2 and S3/S4. And with Luna now getting a second full episode, and having a major role in two other stories since S2, it's all the more glaring that Celestia has gotten squat.
I don't know. S1 completely forgot that Luna existed after the pilot. Recognizing that, they built a great Halloween-themed episode around her in S2. And then they literally forgot that she existed again. But they remembered at the last minute, so they quickly edited her into A Canterlot Wedding with the same skill they used to remove Derpy post Derpygate.

S3 seemed to forget that Luna existed a third time, and skipped a perfect setup for Luna in favor of Zecora. (Hey, my friend has been overwhelmed by feelings of jealousy and dark Alicorn magic. Celestia is stated to be out of town? Oh, then I guess there's nobody else who could help with that...)

But then in the very next episode, they gave Luna a new trick, having her participate in dreams. S3 had one with Scootaloo, S4 had one with Sweetie Belle, and S5 is probably going to have one with Apple Bloom.

I don't think that's enough to start worrying that Celestia is being mishandled compared to Luna.

While the show and the comics both excel at the slice of life stories, the comics have vastly surpassed the show when it comes to adventure stories.
I still need to read more comics.

Top Bottom