• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

nVidia announces Titan V (V for Volta)

tryDEATH

OK, so the card arrives on Monday (I'm EST in the US). I'll likely be able to start posting benchmarks by late afternoon (in my world, that's 5pm). The titles I'll be running are:

1.) OctaneBench (by request)
2.) Star Citizen (big, poorly optimized, perfect!)
3.) Ghost Recon: Wildlands (this ran inconsistently in 4K at max settings on my Titan Xp )
4.) new Doom (for Vulcan/DX12 perf)
5.) AC: Unity (I should just start saying "ubisoft" as my reason ;P )
6.) The Witcher 3 (to test the dreaded hair works! otherwise this already runs smooth at 4K/60 on the Titan Xp)
7.) AC: Origins (Currently hovers around 50fps in 4K/max with the Titan Xp)
8.) Mass Effect: Andromeda (also ran jankie at 4K/max settings, hoping for smooth play)

If you feel a specific title really needs to be added or removed from this list, please let me know. I'll do my best to provide as much data as I can, but please keep in mind that I make no promises that I will get to your title.

Forza 7 in 8K. Pretty please.

Taggen86

Nice to wake up with these titan v benchmarks :) where these without or with an overclock?
25 percent better than my super position 4k record on my overclocked 1080 Ti gaming x (10 002). Not bad! But not incredible either. The leap between volta and pascal seems to be about half of the leap we saw between pascal and maxwell. My 1080 Ti might even beat the 1180! But I will probably need to upgrade for the 1180 Ti :) If we also count the previous benchmarks, titan v performance is on average around 25-30 percent higher than 1080 Ti (http://www.pcgamer.com/early-titan-v-benchmarks/) Looking forward to your tests of mass effect!

llien

NV has sold every GV100 chip they made so far so this should probably answer your question?

It is rather confusing. If there is shortage of GV100 chips, why not pump more, to cover the 3 billion that were invested into developing Volta?

As for comparison with Tesla V100 - V100 is not a video card but a compute accelerator which is a first differentiation point (it doesn't have a video out). It is supposed to be used in server environment (rack space) and accessed remotely. It also has more VRAM and more bandwidth due to Titan V being based on a salvaged GV100 with one memory channel disabled. It also cost about three times more I think. So basically, it's a totally different product.

So, minus memory channel, plus video out, one third of the price. I might still be missing something.

belmonkey

Nice to wake up with these titan v benchmarks :) where these without or with an overclock?
25 percent better than my super position 4k record on my overclocked 1080 Ti gaming x (10 002). Not bad! But not incredible either. The leap between volta and pascal seems to be about half of the leap we saw between pascal and maxwell. My 1080 Ti might even beat the 1180! But I will probably need to upgrade for the 1180 Ti :) If we also count the previous benchmarks, titan v performance is on average around 25-30 percent higher than 1080 Ti (http://www.pcgamer.com/early-titan-v-benchmarks/) Looking forward to your tests of mass effect!

Well according to pass mark, the Ti gaming cards based on the last few titans were a few percent stronger, if that means anything.

Vic20

both tests were performed at stock clock speeds. I then bumped it up with an OC of 150Mhz to core/200Mhz to Mem and the results were a couple hundred points higher on each. I'll likely post those after work today. As for Mass Effect, It runs remarkably smoother than on the Titan Xp, but I would sat that at Max 4K, its still hitching a bit with frame rate drops here and there. Very playable and looks amazing! Its a shame the game did so poorly, because I think further optimization was in order!

Top Bottom