• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

ZangBa

The FFRK GameFAQs board is fine, but it was bound to stir up shit with what happened to GAF. There's a lot of good info there, too. This place is more tightly knit and personal, less nonsense.

In related news, I got revenge on Vossler. Power creep is a helluva drug.

Saerk

I like this being able to skip right to the bonus battles!

180 CM. Don't know how I would have kept up with healing if not for Enkidu. Firion and Gordon tossing out magic and physical blinks helped a ton too.

220. BRING ASTRA. Oh my god, bring astra. Nothing more frustrating than a good run getting scuttled because your entire team falls asleep-- which can still happen anyway if you get unlucky, but I wouldn't even want to think about this fight without any source of status blink. Other than that, the thing to know is that the Red Soul has a ton more HP than the ogres. I brought all fire tech on Papalymo and after both ogres went down in the first few turns, the poor guy had nothing to do while Maria slowly whittled down the Red Soul's mountain of health.

You can do it without Astra. I did, but you need everyone wearing sleep resist gear, and Enkidu for a spot esuna just in case. Without the resist gear the fight is horribly frustrating. DPS down the Trolls with fire spells like Vali/Meltdown, and then focus on the Soul.

friz898

Ya for soul and ogres,

I took a bunch of healers, Radiant shield, and then Rydia who had her BSB and then was casting chain stonega and Titan.

I couldn’t get it until I put sleep resist gear for everybody.

Didn’t bother with Tifa or any melees since blink and blind are a nuisance.

.... ogres killed themselves with Radiant shield and then finished off Soul.

friz898

What’s best for my next pull out of the two FF2 events, music event, and upcoming 8 event.

All I will add is that on the music I already have Eiko, Cait Sith, and Onion BSB, and with no Mog BSB on it...

Then on 8 I have crazy good synergy, and on 2 I only have Firion and Gordon BSBs.

Though FF2 doesn’t get much use...

friz898

Well I am going to have to or face talking to myself here, haha.

Is Xeth, Balphon, and some of the others over there?

MCA over there? Falk still around on the discord?

Anyway, someone please send me the info, I don’t the app saves it once you delete it. Thank you.

Xetherion

I'm on the Discord, but not very active on it. Discord makes this annoying beeping noise at random times and i've never been able to figure out the cause or find a setting to turn it off, so I don't like keeping Discord open.

Sorry friz, i meant to welcome you back but then was unable to post because of all the craziness that weekend. So welcome back man! Congrats on your haul from the fest!

Don't know if you've caught up on the thread yet, but i've started managing sub 30 clears on some of the magicites. So far i've managed it on Holy and Dark thanks to Raines burst w/ LD, Ice thanks to Papalymo burst w/ LD, and last night I finally got it on Wind thanks to Edea burst w/ Rinoa chain.

Another key factor in all my sub 30 clears has been putting Mako Might on Larsa having him Entrust my main DPS, then Wrath to burst. Being able to put Gathering Storm or a dmg+ RM instead of MM on my main DPS is a godsend.

How are you tackling ice with pap as your lead? Do you have other fire users? I can sub 60 easily but haven't tried sub 30. I have paps bsb and Ssb but haven't lded him yet, I can I have the motes available. Since his bsb seems pretty good long term was considering him as my lded fire mage.

Xetherion

How are you tackling ice with pap as your lead? Do you have other fire users? I can sub 60 easily but haven't tried sub 30. I have paps bsb and Ssb but haven't lded him yet, I can I have the motes available. Since his bsb seems pretty good long term was considering him as my lded fire mage.

This is my party for Sealion:

Relm, Shellga/Curada, Ace Striker, Ultra
Pap, no abilities used, Gathering Storm, Burst
Raines, Wrath/Meltdown r3, Battleforged, Burst
Tyro, Allegro r1/Smoldering Fire r3 (r2 is fine, never use more than 4 uses), DMT, Wall
Larsa, Wrath/Entrust, Mako Might, Burst

RW Fabula Raider (ATK/MAG+30% and hastega)
Magicite: Mom Bomb

Everyone has Ice resist acc. Pap and Raines have fire+ on both weapon and armor, Tyro has fire+ weapon.

Action 1, Relm Shellga, Pap RW, Raines Wrath, Tyro Wall, Larsa Entrusts Pap.
Action 2, Relm heals, Pap Burst, Raines Wrath, Tyro Allegro, Larsa Wrath.
Action 3, Relm heals, Pap cmd2, Raines Burst, Tyro Mom Bomb, Larsa Wrath.
Action 4, Relm heals, Pap cmd1, Raines Meltdown, Tyro Smoldering Fire, Larsa Wrath.
Action 5 and on, Relm and Larsa heal (Larsa Burst should be available at this point), Pap spams cmd1, Raines spams Meltdown, Tyro spams SF/refreshes Allegro.
Pap will need to refresh his Burst towards the end, so do the 2nd cast before the 25s mark so Gathering Storm is still in effect.

I say Action instead of Turn because Pap will get his actions faster than everyone else due to Gathering Storm.

Pap is one of the top fire mages, LDing him was a no brainer for me.

Miragith

I just started about two weeks ago. Are there any renewals worth to pull on? Or should I save up? Have a little more than 300 mythril.

Have the following:

Aranea USB
Garnet Dagger BSB
Bartz BSB
Noctis SSB
Raines BSB
Vanille BSB
Caith Sith BSB
Reno BSB
Reynn BSB
Ingus BSB
Y'shtola BSB
Larsa BSB
OK BSB
Noctis LMR

Also, can anyone PM me the Discord please?

Rubenov

There are so many options for you to pull right now.... I like the FFVI banner from the renewal dungeons, and the FFXI banner from renewals has a small pool of relics with a few gems.

friz898

Xeth, I haven’t found time to reread the thread and considering the day of or day after I returned my FFRK social life was wrecked here, it kinda killed it because I was going to go through and quote-reply stuff that was still relevant.

WarAdept,

Edit: Editing this post by phone is hassle but I think I see what you mean. I hadn’t gone there yet since it was down the other day for a few hours. Should be good soon although I no longer have my military email address lol. (As a non yahoo gmail thing)

Edit2: ugh. Outlook.com not accepted either lol? I had to use my wife’s work email, that’s crazy! She can do the verify email tomorrow and until then I am here. Hopefully nobody reads this thread closely enough to ban me here. I would imagine talking about it gets you banned.

(PreEdits) to be clear, are we talking the discord or that other board that seems to the new Home, or something else?

If I don’t hear from you here, I will send you a pm and hope you see that. In other words, me too guys, me too.

Rosa USB Talk

Lastly, I am still having trouble replacing Relm BSB as my main healer, it seems like it has been eons, I know I got her bsb and Alphinaud Radiant shield about the same time and it was game changing.

Rosa USB can’t top it for me because of no last stand. Penelope USB is about the same thing, but I do use her because I have her BSB too if needed. If I ever do take an additional healer and not make it be Tyro or Alphi, then I usually take Lenna since her USB stacks wonderfully on 610 and Shout.

So could someone tell me what I am doing wrong with Rosa? I am thinking maybe I ought to be just building up the soul bar as fast as possible and spamming USB but sometimes I lose someone along the way without last stand.

Right now it seems the only two healing relics out there that would be overnight replacement for my Relm dependency is still Yuna and Eiko USBs.

Fritz you've been reported. Sorry, no choice. Zero tolerance.

Rosa. Ace striker. Shellga wrath wrath usb wrath wrath usb or some variation there of. Works best if you can wrap it up before a minute. I only use her for sub 30 runs as it's speed speed speed and reload if someone gets got.

friz898

Fritz you've been reported. Sorry, no choice. Zero tolerance.

Rosa. Ace striker. Shellga wrath wrath usb wrath wrath usb or some variation there of. Works best if you can wrap it up before a minute. I only use her for sub 30 runs as it's speed speed speed and reload if someone gets got.

Lol well if they come looking for a ‘fritz’ then I might be safe.

I will have to experiment some more with Rosa I suppose.

Edit:

Btw, how does Knights Charge actually work out when tested against battleforged and ace striker?

friz898

So just been waiting for a mod to confirm my account. Email confirmation done and link to my profile here was in there.

Someone know someone who knows somebody?

friz898

Ok, I am fully transferred to there.

If anybody comes here late and has no idea what’s going on, then just google this site and read articles about the resulting new message board.

Never know if someone is away for like ever and comes here wondering if this OT just died out or something.

Top Bottom