• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones Season 7 Trailer

LordKasual

Banned
I love that the gloomy overarch of the show keeps building up to the fact that all of the most significant conflicts in the whole series are essentially petty squabbles to the necromancer onslaught that's on its way

that nobody except Jon seems to care about

Also, Greyworm is my favorite character. I feel like he might be the only black character on the show?

lol no

the reason i'm spoiler tagging it is coz it's super strict on here about Thrones. I didn't start watching until after season 6 premiered last year, I saw a coworker, hardcore fan lurking the thread lol but I just remember seeing the warnings in the OP. I got banned last year once even with spoiler tags on, in the Walking Dead thread. The penalty in Thrones must be much worse.

But its not book info, not leaked info, its stuff thats been on the show. Once its aired its fair game.

Timbuktu

I still think that there's only one way to redeem Dany in both the show and the books and that is to make her a villain. I mean, after all she is an outside invader of a family that fucked up the entire continent the last time they were in power and she has dragons. It would be fun to see the entirety of Westeros band together against her. If you think about it, it's basically the same as when the Mongols came to Europe.

Not that that's going to happen in the show, but I can dream.

Since Dany is infertile, she is doing this know that she won't create another dynasty and everything will turn into chaos again within a generation, potentially with masterless dragons on the loose as well.

CloudWolf

Since Dany is infertile, she is doing this know that she won't create another dynasty and everything will turn into chaos again within a generation, potentially with masterless dragons on the loose as well.

She isn't infertile in the show as far as I know.

f0lken

Since Cersei is clearly outmatched by Dany's army, i was imagining their battle in open field would be lots of Lannister soldiers each with a bottle of valyrian fire so when they die they take some mofos CoD style.

That or Qyburn will make lots of mini frankenmountains

The White Walkers are almost an afterthought at this point, haha. Same thing with the books. It's a shame because they had so much potential at the beginning of the series.

fantomena

The White Walkers are almost an afterthought at this point, haha.

That's because almost all of Westeros except for some people in the north like the wildings, Jon, Tormund, Davos, Melisandre and the Night's Watch doesn't believe white walkers exists.

When Gilly told Sams family how Sam killed a white walker during the family dinner last season, Sams brother reacted by saying "There's no such thing".

They've been gone for thoudsands of years and for most the stories of the long night are fairytales.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
The White Walkers are almost an afterthought at this point, haha. Same thing with the books. It's a shame because they had so much potential at the beginning of the series.

Think of it as a metaphor for global warming. It'll wreck havoc and kill millions but some people will still deny its existence.

Think of it as a metaphor for global warming. It'll wreck havoc and kill millions but some people will still deny its existence.
winter is coming could be a euphemism for the next ice age

whatever planet they're on, it's not Earth right? It's based on England and Scotland or whatever but it's bigger so it's different like Middle Earth. But there's no references made to real life like the HP universe.

Speevy

Banned
Jon will fuck Dany on the back of a dragon to a new composition by Ramin Djawadi as the final episode credits roll.

I have two questions about the trailer, and neither of these things is based on leaked material or books.

Do you think Ellaria Sand is going to kill Yara?

Who burns the Greyjoy fleet?

Jon will fuck Dany on the back of a dragon to a new composition by Ramin Djawadi as the final episode credits roll.

I have two questions about the trailer, and neither of these things is based on leaked material or books.

Do you think Ellaria Sand is going to kill Yara?

Who burns the Greyjoy fleet?
I think...
Euron will attack his niece and nephew's fleet.

Why would Ellaria want to kill Yara?

It was implied that perhaps the Unsullied have the pillar, just not the stones. If you remember the conversation Dany and Missandei had a few seasons ago.

Also, Greyworm is my favorite character. I feel like he might be the only black character on the show?
How can show Greyworm be anyone's favorite character?

you should have known about 'hero worship' doesn't work in the world of westeros though. Seasons after seasons, the books and show have reminded you........this ain't lord of the rings or wheel of time. All men must die, especially heroes in the world of westeros.
Book Barristan is boss as fuck. He chews through 5 gladiators like paper. Kills a man twice his size with a stick (not like that loser scrub Syrio), etc.

Speevy

Banned
I think...
Why would Ellaria want to kill Yara?
A few reasons, many of which have to do with the terrible writing that has led us to this point.

First, the sand snakes have a problematic relationship with Dany. They want independent rule, and have usurped Oberyn's brother and taken his army to gain power. Daenerys should be opposed to the sand snakes' continued existence.

Second, the sand snakes are duplicitous. Scheming is pretty much what they do on the show. To have them disappear would grant every show fan's wish, but it's not happening. You even see Ellaria twice in the trailer. They're not just a banner. They filed more sand snake scenes. I don't know exactly how or why they would betray Yara or even why they're sharing a cabin together in the first place. The Dornish are know to hop from boat to boat.

Third, Yara has to die, and there are limited circumstances under which this happens over the course of 7 episodes. The most likely are Euron attacking, her own men mutinying, or some outside force. Ellaria Sand would fit the third.

It's entirely possible that based on this "the east", "the west", "the north", and "the south" that they're making Dany dumb enough to divide her forces like "Greyjoys, go attack here. Dornish, go attack here." and so forth instead of having one concentrated force to secure the remaining Lannister-controlled lands, which should simply comprise uh...Riverrun, King's Landing, and Casterly Rock. The army should focus its entire assault on the eastern part of Westeros and leave the north alone because it's presumably going to become shortly overrun with whitewalkers and contested by the northmen.

It's clear that the main force goes right for Casterly Rock, and a land battle ensues between Dothraki blood riders and what I assume is the Lannister Army from King's Landing.

My guess is that it unfolds something like this.

"Euron, the dragon queen has pledged her support to your niece and nephew."

Euron: "That's all right. I'm still going to seduce a queen."

Thereby setting up the catastrophic annihilation of what I assume is Dany's naval advantage.

It's clear that Jon runs afoul of one of Dany's dragons at one point this season before the two come to understand the heritage between them and fuck.

How can show Greyworm be anyone's favorite character?
could've kept reading the thread and found the answer.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=237931449&highlight=#post237931449
A few reasons, many of which have to do with the terrible writing that has led us to this point.

First, the sand snakes have a problematic relationship with Dany. They want independent rule, and have usurped Oberyn's brother and taken his army to gain power. Daenerys should be opposed to the sand snakes' continued existence.

Second, the sand snakes are duplicitous. Scheming is pretty much what they do on the show. To have them disappear would grant every show fan's wish, but it's not happening. You even see Ellaria twice in the trailer. They're not just a banner. They filed more sand snake scenes. I don't know exactly how or why they would betray Yara or even why they're sharing a cabin together in the first place. The Dornish are know to hop from boat to boat.

Third, Yara has to die, and there are limited circumstances under which this happens over the course of 7 episodes. The most likely are Euron attacking, her own men mutinying, or some outside force. Ellaria Sand would fit the third.

It's entirely possible that based on this "the east", "the west", "the north", and "the south" that they're making Dany dumb enough to divide her forces like "Greyjoys, go attack here. Dornish, go attack here." and so forth instead of having one concentrated force to secure the remaining Lannister-controlled lands, which should simply comprise uh...Riverrun, King's Landing, and Casterly Rock. The army should focus its entire assault on the eastern part of Westeros and leave the north alone because it's presumably going to become shortly overrun with whitewalkers and contested by the northmen.

It's clear that the main force goes right for Casterly Rock, and a land battle ensues between Dothraki blood riders and what I assume is the Lannister Army from King's Landing.

My guess is that it unfolds something like this.

"Euron, the dragon queen has pledged her support to your niece and nephew."

Euron: "That's all right. I'm still going to seduce a queen."

Thereby setting up the catastrophic annihilation of what I assume is Dany's naval advantage.

It's clear that Jon runs afoul of one of Dany's dragons at one point this season before the two come to understand the heritage between them and fuck.
I agree that Dany would take issue with the sandsnakes if she knew about their actions but right now they're allies. Yara might die and I think it's Euron who attacks them, he did say he was was gonna murder them both.

What do you mean that Jon run's afoul with one of Dany's dragons?

Herne

If anyone is going to join up with Cersi it's littlefinger and the vale.

The Vale has allied with Jon. Their knights and whatever lords were with Yohn Royce followed the Northerners in proclaiming Jon as King of the North. Not sure what Littlefinger can do now in his position as he is already hated and suspected and if he goes back on supporting the North, they won't follow him. He can do plenty of damage I'm sure, but not officially as Lord Protector of the Vale.

Speevy

Banned
LF might also get the northerners to renounce Jon's claim to the north based on his parentage, or sell Sansa to the Lannisters for not backing him against Jon.

Is that not what is happening in the trailer? It looks like Jon and Tormund fall into some water as the land is bathed in dragonfire. I could be mistaking the characters though.

No, all those boat/fire scenes involve the greyjoys.

Jon might also get the northerners to renounce Jon's claim to the north based on his parentage, or sell Sansa to the Lannisters for not backing him against Jon.

You mean littile finger?

Yes, I realized after I posted that. I'm really tired. Although Littlefinger might also get Jon to betray himself.

LF aint long for this world. There is no time left for his scheming with 13 episodes left, with the last 6 probably being WW focused. No way he makes it out this season.

He also fucked up by breaking his own rule. Season 5 he told Sansa to never let anyone know what you really want, and then he let her know what he wants in the season 6 finale.

I've seen this trailer more times than I'd like to admit.

It also heavily looks like Urine Greyjoy attacks Dany's fleet, as expected, going by those burning ships scenes.

Saw this today. Pretty cool trailer, and no Sam so it was not ruined.
season 7 is already ruined for you then coz he will be there :p /joke

Sam-and-Gilly-Official-810x539.jpg

The Vale has allied with Jon. Their knights and whatever lords were with Yohn Royce followed the Northerners in proclaiming Jon as King of the North. Not sure what Littlefinger can do now in his position as he is already hated and suspected and if he goes back on supporting the North, they won't follow him. He can do plenty of damage I'm sure, but not officially as Lord Protector of the Vale.

All LF needs to do it's convince the Lords of the Vale the real threat is from Danys dothraki hordes. LF still controls little Robin as well, and all he needs to do is tell him Sansa is responsible for his mom, at which point LF takes Sansa (while Jon is busy vs white walkers?) and delivers her and the knights of the Vale to Cersi (for Riverrun perhaps)?

Anyways it's something I thought of. Im sure you would agree that the Lannisters need some kind of level up. I just don't see how they can stand up to Dany without the calvary the Vale can provide.

All LF needs to do it's convince the Lords of the Vale the real threat is from Danys dothraki hordes. LF still controls little Robin as well, and all he needs to do is tell him Sansa is responsible for his mom, at which point LF takes Sansa (while Jon is busy vs white walkers?) and delivers her and the knights of the Vale to Cersi (for Riverrun perhaps)?

Anyways it's something I thought of. Im sure you would agree that the Lannisters need some kind of level up. I just don't see how they can stand up to Dany without the calvary the Vale can provide.
if Royce is still at Winterfell, Sansa can try to get him on her side since they have a mutual enemy in carcetti

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
my actual prediction for the ending:

jon and dany will have a baby, and then one of them will die. dany will die, leaving jon to be king; and it will be ironic because, dany's wanted to rule on the iron throne all her life but she will die, never getting the chance, and jon will have to rule, with his son/daughter, even though he never wanted to be king. he never wanted the iron throne.

in fact, he never asked to be lord commander of the night's watch.

or the king in the north.

he has leadership thrust upon him.

Dany didn't actually want to rule anything bro. Remember she was tagging along behind her brother. I'm pretty sure she would have been happy and satisfied with being Khaleesi to the Dothraki with Drogo by her side. It wasn't until fuck head Robert ordered the attempt on her life, and the life of her unborn baby, that Drogo went, "yeah let's go get you your ancestral seat!" And when her brother idiotically attacked and then threatened her in the holy city and got himself killed, that's when she decides to take the throne back.

It makes sense too. Her brother being dead makes her the Targaryen heir.

Top Bottom