• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wonder Woman Review thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaanyboi

Banned
SpongebobLife.gif~c200

Slaythe

Precedence, my dude.

I say that as someone who liked MOS.

No but like, if you believe critics, Man of Steel is far worse than Ghostbusters, Thor 2 and Alien Covenant.

Which is preposterous. I can understand disliking some creative choices, or disliking the early story telling, but I refuse to believe humans with eyes and ears would consider it to be worse than those movies.

Ridisc

Banned
I fully expect a lot of well wishing "Wow its the best dc movie ever" "Wow it rewrites the genre" sort of stuff, closely followed by the tapering off, then the retrospective in which it was another generic superhero film with a bad lead performance and we all got a little carried away.

But the hype though

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I really hope this does well. Both reviews and box office. I definitely feel like a lot is riding on this for women representation in comicbook/blockbuster films.

Indelible

I have soured on the DCEU after BVS and Suicide Squad but I will check out Wonder Woman if it reviews well, great character that deserves a solid movie.

Veelk

Banned
The only thing wrong with this gif is that the cello theme dies not suck.

It RULES in the very specific instance of dumb action that was used as an adreneline shot the boring, depressing slogfest that is BvS

FTFY

In BvS, it fit. As an overall encompassing theme for the character, it feels like a prototype theme. They need to add in more....idk, I suck at describing music, but all I get from it is intensity, whereas I get hope, heroism, wonder, action, and several other things from John William's Superman. Same thing with the Batman theme from TDK saga. This was a criticism I have of Superman's theme of MoS. It conveys power but that's it.

caliph95

No but like, if you believe critics, Man of Steel is far worse than Ghostbusters, Thor 2 and Alien Covenant.

Which is preposterous. I can understand disliking some creative choices, or disliking the early story telling, but I refuse to believe humans with eyes and ears would consider it to be worse than those movies.
Haven't seen the other two i can for Thor 2 regardless how much of a meme it is in neogaf.

Objectively speaking, fantastic visuals, amazing soundtrack and some of the best onscreen super hero action should alleviate the film from being labelled as 'garbage'. I'd even argue it was a very well acted movie.

I haven't seen the new Ghostbusters, but I'll definitely give you Covenant. Man of Steel is the better movie.

Thor 2 was safe and forgettable as fuck but it was also inoffensive. There's nothing in it that stands out as jarring or bad. Man of Steel is an decent flick that comes with a bunch of buts. It's not surprising that its reception was more divisive.

Toa TAK

Banned
FTFY

In BvS, it fit. As an overall encompassing theme for the character, it feels like a prototype theme. They need to add in more....idk, I suck at describing music, but all I get from it is intensity, whereas I get hope, heroism, wonder, action, and several other things from John William's Superman. Same thing with the Batman theme from TDK saga. This was a criticism I have of Superman's theme of MoS. It conveys power but that's it.
Allow to me retort

You're probably right but I like it too much anyways.

You can't change my mind, Veelk.

Ahasverus

The best part is that WW is not Marvelized. It's still dark and has tough moments. It just has more levity and the characters are relatable. That's a formula I can get behind.

Veelk

Banned
Allow to me retort

You're probably right but I like it too much anyways.

You can't change my mind, Veelk.

Look, if Wonder Woman truly knows what it's doing, then they're going to hear that theme and recognize that it's got potential, but it will need to be improved. As such, I expect to hear an 'expanded edition' of it during the actual movie, and that'll make everyone happy.

Farsi

The best part is that WW is not Marvelized. It's still dark and has tough moments. It just has more levity and the characters are relatable. That's a formula I can get behind.

Have you seen it because I really hope you're right. If it's more along the lines of Batman Begins then I'm so in.

Harmen

I have a growing confidence in this one, let's go!

I also hope I am proven wrong in terms of boxoffice (I predicted 500-600 ww).

Anyways, feels good to be excited for a DCEU flick.

Nah, this isn't BvS or Suicide Squad. There's no need to lie about Marvel movies to prop this one up. Looks like this is going to be a good movie on its own merits this time! Celebrate!

I've avoided BvS and SS due to the poor reception, but I'm going to see this.

BvS is worth watching for the world building if you care about the series. The ultimate cut is also a half-decent effort. It's not awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom