• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More Mass Effect 3 details [Planet Aesthetics Detailed, Verdict On Space Battles]

Angry Fork

Please have non linear explorable worlds. Please have non linear explorable worlds. Please have non linear explorable worlds.

Stop hating on Sub Zero :-(

She had the most character development and she and Mordin were the only honest, direct characters in the game. And she was the only super emotional character in a game full of robots. Legion has more personality than Miranda and Tali.

Also Ashley was cool because she's racist as fuck and I need people like that since I always I play a bad guy in games.

Dany

Banned
So we might be seeing tali's face,

I envision it as the war for the quarion homeworld ends, the geth are defeated an every soldier on the battlefield just takes off their masks and a huge celebration. Cue Clint mansell score and boom! Instant classic

Dany M said:

I envision it as the war for the quarion homeworld ends, the geth are defeated an every soldier on the battlefield just takes off their masks and a huge celebration. Cue Clint mansell score and boom! Instant classic

Then everyone gets sick and are unable to fight the Reapers.

Shoulda picked the Geth.

Patryn

Dany M said:

And then they all die from infections because the generations born since leaving their homeworld are now completely unprepared for their native germs?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Dany M said:

I look forward to Clint Mansell's score kicking in as the Geth celebrate their easy victory over the Quarian threat.

Kinyou

FlawlessCowboy said:
So Ashley, Jack, and Liara are the main romance options for canon Shep in Mass Effect 3?

Pass.
2gvjvvo.gif

Wiggum2007

God's Beard said:
Stop hating on Sub Zero :-(

She had the most character development and she and Mordin were the only honest, direct characters in the game. And she was the only super emotional character in a game full of robots. Legion has more personality than Miranda and Tali.

Also Ashley was cool because she's racist as fuck and I need people like that since I always I play a bad guy in games.

I like how everyone called her the most powerful human biotic in the galaxy and then I got her and she was a complete wimp in comparison to my biotic adept god Shepard. Then again even my Shepard doesn't seem to realize my Shepard is a biotic, I don't think it has come up once in a conversation in the entire series. At least give me a renegade action where instead of shooting somebody I blow their face off with a biotic blast.

Fimbulvetr said:
Then everyone gets sick and are unable to fight the Reapers.

Shoulda picked the Geth.
Patryn said:
And then they all die from infections because the generations born since leaving their homeworld are now completely unprepared for their native germs?

Right because a plot point in a BioWare game told you that.

one quarian miracle immuno-booster or "well it's okay for like an hour" clarification coming right up

Peff

Silver armor looks cool. I'm guessing they're taking the "unlockable palette-swap" approach again for the squad?

EmCeeGramr said:
"Oh and they're all male. No females. Yeah, like, what are you going to do with a female turian? Stick breasts on it? Lipstick? Yeah I dunno."

"Yeah, Garrus is all... like... one of the people who you have to be careful... with the Safe Search filter looking for."

Yeah....that was...um something, I think that confirms no female turians at all?.

They seem like they created turians and they thought:"Holy fuck, there's no way we can make a female model out of this...., maybe we should modify the design....lol who cares?!"

Reading all the info about characters and all the GAF reactions to such really highlights the odd appeal that Mass Effect has on me. Like, when I sit back and really examine the characterizations of the ME and ME2 party member they really do tend to be pretty shallow and / or stereotyped. And in general I think of myself as the type of game who really doesn't care to much about dialog or party interactions and likes to focus on pure gameplay. Yet for some reason all this goes out the window when I play Mass Effect games. I'm not some Bioware forum crazy, but I alway pop into these threads to see if the characters that I like are coming back and when I play Mass Effect I always take the time to explore pretty much all the available conversation options with all of my party members.

I guess Bioware just does a really good job of tapping into that part of the lizard brain that this stuff appeals to. Also even when they do a poor job on continuing story choices between games the fact that they do at least try some continuation heightens the appeal of finding out who is coming back in the next version.

Kinyou

EmCeeGramr said:
Right because a plot point in a BioWare game told you that.

one quarian miracle immuno-booster or "well it's okay for like an hour" clarification coming right up
During Talis recruiting mission one of the Quarians suits gets damaged and he talks about how he now is "swimming" in anti biotics to prevent an infection.

=> Quarians with weak immun system are canon ;)

Patryn

Kinyou said:
During Talis recruiting mission one of the Quarians suits gets damaged and he talks about how he now is "swimming" in anti biotics to prevent an infection.

=> Quarians with weak immun system are canon ;)

thatsthejoke.gif

Jarmel

Banned
So I take we aren't going to Palaven then?

Otherwise I like the changes they did to Garrus. Tali will indeed be a very hot button issue.

Gvaz

Banned
off topic for a second, why do people show ":lol" when no smilies come up? Also can't search user's posts?

I'm really liking Garrus' new suit design. It feels like maybe they greyed it up too much with the silver, but it's really cool looking.

Also, here's hoping his scar looks really awesome.

AColdDay

Patryn said:
He's the shallowest character in the entire series. His entire personality comes down to "I like to fight things." His loyalty mission is the only one that is explicitly "Go beat shit up."

Compare that to Wrex, who was also about fighting things, but had a nuanced world view. Compare to the helmeted Krogan you meet earlier, who had an interesting lot in life and had plenty to explore: If you fail to become what you were created to become, what are you?

Nope, instead you get an idiotic warrior, who's already designed to be the best and experiences little to no character growth whatsoever.

Fucking hate him.

I wanted the imperfect krogan to join my team so badly. There was something about him that was equal parts fascinating and unsettling. I hope that krogan goes on to have an awesome space life.

FLEABttn

Banned
I kind of want them to give Tali the most hideous face they can seriously make, just to troll the people who have sexual fantasies over her.

LQX

Glad Ashely is a main focus again. Hated that other guy and killed him off. Only reason I ever thought of replaying the game as male Shepard was to get with Ashley.

Also Shepard looks less every race in this cover for some reason.

jred250 said:
I wanted the imperfect krogan to join my team so badly. There was something about him that was equal parts fascinating and unsettling. I hope that krogan goes on to have an awesome space life.

The one who said "I am not perfect, but I have purpose."?

Really felt for that dude.

FLEABttn said:
I kind of want them to give Tali the most hideous face they can seriously make, just to troll the people who have sexual fantasies over her.
Hm avatar quote not work now :(

hot dog face would be a lol.

Where did the inspiration for the Normandy come from? I've never thought about it, but it kinda looks like a snail without a shell, or maybe a slug? Hell, it even reminds me of an ant eater :lol

Wiggum2007

Net_Wrecker said:
Where did the inspiration for the Normandy come from? I've never thought about it, but it kinda looks like a snail without a shell, or maybe a slug? Hell, it even reminds me of an ant eater :lol

I always thought it looked reminiscent of some high-speed watercraft.

Net_Wrecker said:

It's a reaper penis.

X54MZ.jpg

Lakitu

st5fu
Found this while perusing the Bioware Social.

http://www.gamer.nl/nieuws/67817/mass-effect-3-wordt-moeilijker

Has some more details. Any Dutch readers willing to summarise please? From what I can gather from the translation:

-Normal in ME 3 will be the equivalent of Veteran in ME 2.
-Kai Leng (known from the books) will work with Cerberus to come for Shepard.
-James Sanders is a muscular dudebro, like an American footballer on steroids.
-You will go to the Turian homeworld Palaven.

I already hate James Sanders.

Wiggum2007

Lakitu said:
Found this while perusing the Bioware Social.

http://www.gamer.nl/nieuws/67817/mass-effect-3-wordt-moeilijker

Has some more details. Any Dutch readers willing to summarise please? From what I can gather from the translation:

-Normal in ME 3 will be the equivalent of Veteran in ME 2.
-Kai Leng (known from the books) will work with Cerberus to come for Shepard.
-James Sanders is a muscular dudebro, like an American footballer on steroids.
-You will go to the Turian homeworld Palaven.

I already hate James Sanders.

Cole Train in ME3!!!

Ikkarus

FlawlessCowboy said:
So Ashley, Jack, and Liara are the main romance options for canon Shep in Mass Effect 3?

Pass.
I'm sure you can chuck in Tali and Miranda in to the mix too. Shep has a lot of love to give.

So that guy in the picture from the game informer article was kai leng after all huh.

Glad we're seeing the Turian homeworld too.

Ickman3400 said:
So that guy in the picture from the game informer article was kai leng after all huh.
Kind of expected him to look more normal. Not crazy cyborg ninja from metal gear. Oh well the man needs all the advantages he can get to even come close to Shepard.

Edit: Apparently some people are making a big deal or something for some reason.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Too many humans already.

Dont care much about Jack. Good voice work, no reason to join you, great squad power. Thats all I think about her.

kai3345

Banned
Garrus is cool and all but I wish they would focus on different characters for ME3. Garrus and Tali got their time back in the spotlight with ME2. If Wrex or Liara are sidelined to quest givers or single mission squad mates to make room for Garrus and Tali, I'll be pissed.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
benzy said:
Ashley looks like she had plastic surgery. Her face looks weird.

Ashley_Williams_in_Mass_Effect_3.jpg

image-mass-effect-2-characters-ashley-williams.jpg
WrikaWrek said:
Ashley is ugly as shit.
Thank the Reapers other people with eyes have come into this thread.

She looks fucking terrible. Doped up with make up and had some bad plastic surgery decisions.

Top Bottom