• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeroR

To show you how far my distaste for Tate's style goes.

Didn't you say that you liked that shot? Most people seem to like that shot.

Are you forgetting that this is my opinion? I'm not speaking for anyone else.

Opinion sure, but if you're trying to prove why Tate sucks or why you dislike him, there are far better examples you could have picked.

It doesn't look good on your part when you take a fight that most people like and then cherrypick to make an argument. What it does it make people dismissed what you have to say since they will think you're just a blind hater. But, maybe that's what you are when it comes to Tate and you don't mind being viewed as such. If that's the case, more power to you.

Skeeter49

Decent episode. I liked 17 getting "into" the fight with Ribrienne or whatever her name is, kind of felt like he was playing along for the theatrics a bit.

So is Super Saiyan God stronger than Blue?

Unless they retcon it, no, SSB is stronger.

The one advantage we know for a fact SSG has is it heals Goku.
From the manga it saves stamina.
Fan speculation is it makes him faster than SSB, which would make sense against Dyspo

My bad, not the best comparison, that's the one aspect they're different in. He's almost as bad as Frieza.

He's similar to Frieza with one difference, he profits off the people his men attack, that is the only thing that makes him unique from Frieza. So yeah, world burning would upset him a little.

Frost is so far the only one from U6 who isn't likable by the U7 cast. Everyone hates him because he wants to see the world burn like Frieza. It's clear Frost is doing his own thing, and no matter what the other U6 characters do, Frost isn't a part of that, he's never going to work with them as a team.

Could it be better? Sure. But it got us much needed Kale development so she could stop being a Broly clone, and hopefully we get some more insight on Hit next episode.
The only one who has suffered from Goku being an idiot is Caulifla.

Huh?

Slaythe

To show you how far my distaste for Tate's style goes.

Didn't you say that you liked that shot? Most people seem to like that shot.

Are you forgetting that this is my opinion? I'm not speaking for anyone else.

But why do you keep bringing it up ?
"Look guys, that shot you all liked, I think it's shit !" Ok cool, move the fuck on.
Moreover there are episodes that were so much worse that would make your case valid to more people, because Tate is very inconsistent due to time constraints.

Like I would understand if you were focusing on recent episodes, that's a perfectly fine thing to do.
Nobody's telling you to like it.

cordy

Banned
I'm just going to assume that SSB is stronger but SSG heals Goku and saves stamina which helps him out in the speed department given he'll have more stamina to use to keep up even though he won't have the extra strength that comes with SSB.

Opinion sure, but if you're trying to prove why Tate sucks or why you dislike him, there are far better examples you could have picked.

It doesn't look good on your part when you take a fight that most people like and then cherrypick to make an argument. What it does it make people dismissed what you have to say since they will think you're just a blind hater. But, maybe that's what you are when it comes to Tate and you don't mind being viewed as such. If that's the case, more power to you.

I don't really care what people thinking of me for stating my opinion. I'm just putting it out there that I don't even like what people consider "good" by tate. I don't know what's so hard to understand about this or why you're making a big fuss. I'm not trying to "prove" anything. there's nothing to "prove", it's just an opinion. Get over it.

Eylos

Banned
Decent episode. I liked 17 getting "into" the fight with Ribrienne or whatever her name is, kind of felt like he was playing along for the theatrics a bit.

So is Super Saiyan God stronger than Blue?
Some theories:
1. red is faster than blue in accord to the manga, since the enemy is a speed type.
2. It uses less energy than blue, (but then why he didnt use in the tournament before)
3. Goku transforms by acident.

Zeroro

They're definitely laying the groundwork for the erased universes being brought back once the tournament's over with this most recent episode.

Good. I think I went into the arc not wanting that to be the case, but there's so many neat characters among the mortals and deities in the universes besides U7 that I'd like to see more of in future arcs.

#teamuniverse9isactuallyprettydope

But why do you keep bringing it up ?
"Look guys, that shot you all liked, I think it's shit !" Ok cool, move the fuck on.
Moreover there are episodes that were so much worse that would make your case valid to more people, because Tate is very inconsistent due to time constraints.

Like I would understand if you were focusing on recent episodes, that's a perfectly fine thing to do.
Nobody's telling you to like it.

It was in response to previous discussion that was already going on, not like I brought it up out of nowhere. (Did you not see the comment I replied to in the first place when I ended up posting the gif?) It's discussion that was brought up in the first place because Tate had a hand in this episode. What's the difference from any repeated discussions that go on in here?

HeroR

I don't really care what people thinking of me for stating my opinion. I'm just putting it out there that I don't even like what people consider "good" by tate. I don't know what's so hard to understand about this or why you're making a big fuss. I'm not trying to "prove" anything. there's nothing to "prove", it's just an opinion. Get over it.

I have already explained it. It's because you're literally cherrypicking and to be quite frank, it makes you look petty.

But you already said you don't care, so it really doesn't make a different.

Some theories:
1. red is faster than blue in accord to the manga, since the enemy is a speed type.
2. It uses less energy than blue, (but then why he didnt use in the tournament before)
3. Goku transforms by acident.

Super Saiyan God is not faster in the manga. It only saves stamina. In everything else, it's inferior to Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan.

I have already explained it. It's because you're literally cherrypicking and to be quite frank, it makes you look petty.

But you already said you don't care, so it really doesn't make a different.

I'm simply showing you what about Tate's style I don't like. "Cherrypicking" is irrelevant as an actual detractor towards my point. It's not like I'm saying literally everything he does is objectively bad and listing one little gif as "proof". If I was, then your criticism would be valid, but I'm not, so it's not.

HeroR

I'm simply showing you what about Tate's style I don't like. "Cherrypicking" is irrelevant as an actual detractor towards my point.

If you have to literally cherrypick to show people something you don't like, especially in animation that has hundreds to thousands of frames, then yes it's petty and actually undermine you as a detractor. Especially when you picked a scene that many people liked just to prove that point instead of using an entire animated sequence that does have real problems.

Hit can sense gokus ki in blue right? I recall when goku used kaioken the first time, hit could feel his ki rising.

If Dyspo or that blue guy can sense gokus ki in blue, perhaps he goes red bc it makes him a literal deity so they can't feel his ki?

Skeeter49

I was kind of hoping the Yardrat would do a poison like attack on Goku this episode, so that could be his reason for going SSG next episode.

I can't see him getting damaged by the pride troopers next episode, unless Jiren comes in during the first few minutes of the episode and destroys Goku, and he needs to heal from that.

I'm siding with him going SSG by mistake. Possibly from Sidra's attack?

Or, it being introduced that he is faster in SSG. Note: I am not saying anything from previous source material implies this, like the manga, the arc, or the movie. In the context of him fighting someone known for speed, it makes sense.

Hit can sense gokus ki in blue right? I recall when goku used kaioken the first time, hit could feel his ki rising.

If Dyspo or that blue guy can sense gokus ki in blue, perhaps he goes red bc it makes him a literal deity so they can't feel his ki?
That'd be neat.
Frieza could also sense Blue, or it was implied he could in the RoF arc, if memory serves.

Slaythe

It was in response to previous discussion that was already going on, not like I brought it up out of nowhere. It's discussion that was brought up in the first place because Tate had a hand in this episode. What's the difference from any repeated discussions that go on in here?

I don't know, the repeated discussions either incorporate new elements from recent episodes to their case or they're just the cancerous "lol faulconer's better" shit.

If you have to literally cherrypick to show people something you don't like, especially in animation that has hundreds to thousands of frames, then yes it's petty and actually undermine you as a detractor.

If you didn't read my edit, the only way it would be valid is if I was saying literally everything he does is "bad", or literally everything he does I don't like, and then I post one gif as "proof" of that. But that's not what I'm doing. I'm just saying I take a general distaste to his style and posting a gif as an example of an what about his style I personally don't like. You're conflating this into something that it's not.

I don't know, the repeated discussions either incorporate new elements from recent episodes to their case or they're just the cancerous "lol faulconer's better" shit.

Again, not even like I forced that into the discussion or brought it up out of nowhere. Did you not see the post I was replying to? The whole conversation in the first place stemmed from some tate art in the episode. I replied to someone else talking about tate with a tate jab, HeroR replied to me about looking better in motion, and then I made my post. Half these threads are people going at it with dissenting opinions, and frankly I don't do this as egregiously as much of the stuff that goes on in this thread, you just care about this particular topic more and chose to come at me for this.

I was kind of hoping the Yardrat would do a poison like attack on Goku this episode, so that could be his reason for going SSG next episode.

I can't see him getting damaged by the pride troopers next episode, unless Jiren comes in during the first few minutes of the episode and destroys Goku, and he needs to heal from that.

I'm siding with him going SSG by mistake. Possibly from Sidra's attack?

Or, it being introduced that he is faster in SSG. Note: I am not saying anything from previous source material implies this, like the manga, the arc, or the movie. In the context of him fighting someone known for speed, it makes sense.

That'd be neat.
Frieza could also sense Blue, or it was implied he could in the RoF arc, if memory serves.

I think the spoilers for 104 said
Goku will be fighting jimizu at the beginning of the ep
, so there's still a chance it could happen

Slaythe

that tournament of power standings image uses the best Gohan episode as his avatar. They know what they're doing

I have no idea what you're talking about.

What avatar ?

Also

SwC6K3.jpg

that tournament of power standings image uses the best Gohan episode as his avatar. They know what they're doing

I was looking back hoping I could agree but *grimaces*

That close up shot of him using Kamehameha in that episode is ace. Probably my favorite shot of Gohan in Super that I can think of right now.

It's kinda weird that Goku didn't already address it, but maybe not since he may not completely grasp the whole twin universe concept fully.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

What avatar ?

Also

SwC6K3.jpg

I was thinking 17 was getting a kick out of this because he used to be "evil".

But I guess this is them trying to justify 18's comment, because I sure as heck didn't see how they were similar enough to warrant that dialogue at that point.

RocknRola

I gotta say, 17 is quickly joining my rank of favourite characters. I used to more or less ignore him during the Z and (especially) the GT days.

Lol they really couldn't figure out a way for Gohan to eliminate Botamo without ignoring how his power worked?

The shot of Gohan looking at the locket was great but it should've happened before he eliminated the guy

The dude that got knokced out by the Yardrat is the only time someone got knocked out by a non U6 or U7 warrior, is that right?

Lol they really couldn't figure out a way for Gohan to eliminate Botamo without ignoring how his power worked?

The shot of Gohan looking at the locket was great but it should've happened before he eliminated the guy

I couldn't figure out how they were going to do it either... I was hoping the writers would be more clever than me.

Vegeta's strategy was pretty funny and practical. I wonder why Botamo and Magetta split up in the first place. Pretty dumb on their part I think.

Slaythe

Oh my how could I forget about my boy Basil.

I can't even recall Ribrianne's knockout(s). Huh

It had 50% chance to be Piccolo being ringed out, how can you forget ?

Seriously, I thought similarities were only suppose to extend to each univerese's twin.

I mean, they master "travel" techniques, it's not improbable some fucked off into another universe. Hit could enter U7 without problem after all.

Skeeter49

Seriously, I thought similarities were only suppose to extend to each univerese's twin.

IT most likely, and it's clear the Yardrat likes the universe, so the most likely Yardrat decided to stay there.
Theoretically IT should only be limited by whether or not you can sense a power signature, so maybe the Yardrat's, or this one in particular, can sense energy well enough, to the point he can sense it across universes.

Or maybe the U2 God has been to U6/U7, and the Yardrat IT's to her Kai or fighters assuming they came with, and that's how they met.

Hmm still not ringing a bell. Though there was one recent episode I watched on my phone in weird conditions at a campsite so I'm assuming it was probably from that.
It was really fast, and happened last episode.
When she did her charge and it grossed out Vegeta, the attack kept going and hit the flower guy Piccolo was about to fight. He got burnt, the elephant god did things to him with his Trunk.

dci260

SSB needs the RoF outfits to really pop and look cool, the classic outfits are lame for it, except for Vegito. SSB looks great on him no matter what.

Im inclined to agree...

Blue looked great in the RoF outfits.
latest

But in the classic ones? Not so much.
88a87f2f6dc3c3241be379e1ac8ffc8f0c1b68f6_hq.gif

HeroR

Let's be frank, they're both terrible-looking palette swaps of pre-established forms i.e. base and Super Saiyan.

So is Super Saiyan 2, which is just Super Saiyan with spiker hair and lightning, yet people say it's the best Super Saiyan form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom