• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why Forza Motorsport 5 has fewer cars and tracks than Forza 4

They are doing both incredible things and incredibly stupid things in this game.

I can't stand their constant "raising the bar" "being the standard" comments. It's just way too 13 year old to be taken seriously.

200 cars is... not a lot i guess. At least the car selection is good, so the majority of those 200 are usable cars.

paskowitz

GT5 had 200 premium cars at launch. Everyone complained before hand. Afterwards, not so much (complaining was about standards, and repeats).

People need to chill.

Now in regards to tracks, especially the Nurburgring, that does suck.

They clearly have just updated existing assets for a lot of the stuff....Especially a few of the car models...
All 200 cars are AutoVista quality, with full interiors, engines, working doors, etc.

But along those lines do we know for certain that the AutoVista cars from Forza 4 are there in Forza 5? I've read grumblings that some are missing, and I'm not sure why that would be.

nib95

Banned
All 200 cars are AutoVista quality, with full interiors, engines, working doors, etc.

But along those lines do we know for certain that the AutoVista cars from Forza 4 are there in Forza 5?

Well, some of the cars still have similar model flaws or mistakes that previous models from the older games had. So I can only assume they didn't re-do all of it, or simply added upon what they already had with some of the older models.

The launch rush have done soo much damage, 200 cars and 14 trakcs is joke, Im not buying the Xbox One now untill they release Forza 6 with the contents that Forza 5 should have.

E92 M3

No biggie about the cars, but to me a racing game needs to have the tracks -- 14 is way too little. It's crazy that they took out Suzuka and the Ring

GeoramA

Nickle and diming at it's worst. Coming from a first-party studio makes it even more troubling.

I'm honestly scared of the money-scheming plans that await us this upcoming gen.

The on-disc car list is pretty good, but having 30% of additional cars coming in as paid DLC...that's gonna sting. And 14 tracks?! Ouch, that's less than Forza 1. Hopefully there are plenty of variations.

200 cars, 14 tracks, and the Ring as paid DLC? Get bent.

Not that I ever had any hope in Forza 5 to begin with. Turn 10 has shown no interest in improving the racing aspect. I expect more 5 lap sprints with no tire wear or fuel strategy as you grind through another event list gauntlet. What a goddamn waste.

RaijinFY

part of me says kudos to them for going quality over quantity...something that Polyphony could learn a lesson from...HOWEVER...the way they talk about the DLC for this game, you know they are just sitting on a large quantity of cars and tracks that were ready for launch but would rather get that DLC money

Polyphony in this area has absolutely zero lesson to learn ffs...

Seanspeed

Banned
Let me put this through the PR descrambler real quick

???

ibcwEzn2XHddRy.gif
I'd be willing to bet money that Microsoft forced a strict 'We want this at launch' deadline on Turn 10 and that's the big reason for this.

I think the timeline of reveals would support this as well. Everything feels very last-minute.

skybald

Since I derided Gran Turismo for its paltry collection of 200 premium cars, I have to blast Turn 10 for only being able to include 200 cars for FM5.

WTF Turn 10? Really, that's it?

Top Bottom