• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

SolidSnakex
Member
(11-20-2013, 05:02 PM)
SolidSnakex's Avatar

Originally Posted by CrazyDude

Yeah, but who is the majority of the base in the first place. Is the majority of the people who would buy those games on Wii or on the PS3? It's possible the PS3 had a larger install base who are interested in that type of game.

Originally Posted by Reila

I guess you're right, but as far as home console are concerned, the PS3 was always a better system for Japanese RPG compared to the Wii, no?

I guess you could say that. But my point is that I do think some series do become linked to a brand. That's why I brought up Tales and HM. Does that mean Persona is one of them? Obviously no one knows the answer to that because it's a series that's only been on PS platforms (with the exception of Arena). But it's clear that those gamers love that series. Look at how well Golden sold on the Vita's tiny install base. It put up nearly the same figures as the original PS2 release. And then you have Arena, which was the best selling traditional fighter on the PS3 until JoJo was released. Even something like Catherine, which was hyped heavily on the fact that it was from the Persona team, put up impressive numbers on the PS3.
mrboo001
Banned
(11-20-2013, 06:55 PM)

Originally Posted by jcm

They're shutting down their forums the last day before the big announcement? That's got to mean they think people are going to be pissed, right?

Yeah that is another interseting thing about it. Hope your theory is wrong though.
Levito
Banned
(11-20-2013, 06:57 PM)
Levito's Avatar
It's coming.

Seth Balmore
Member
(11-20-2013, 08:13 PM)
Seth Balmore's Avatar
Okay, I'm starting to believe. Come on P5!

I'd sell my soul to the Devil arcana for a Persona rhythm game, though.
Thorgal
Member
(11-20-2013, 08:18 PM)
Thorgal's Avatar

Originally Posted by Levito

It's coming.

Aquantic dreams is a Sony second party studio Therefore i declare this joke to be invalid !

Nofunallowed.jpeg :p
XiaNaphryz
LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
(11-20-2013, 08:46 PM)
XiaNaphryz's Avatar

Originally Posted by Thorgal

Aquantic dreams is a Sony second party studio

thatsthejoke.gif
lastflowers
Banned
(11-20-2013, 08:47 PM)
lastflowers's Avatar

Originally Posted by Levito

It's coming.

lol at everything in that boxart.
Thorgal
Member
(11-20-2013, 08:48 PM)
Thorgal's Avatar

Originally Posted by XiaNaphryz

thatsthejoke.gif

I know .thats why i said :

Nofunallowed.jpeg :p
jackal27
Banned
(11-20-2013, 08:53 PM)
I'm buying whatever console this lands on.
UltraGunner
Banned
(11-20-2013, 08:55 PM)

Originally Posted by Levito

It's coming.

Get Tameen to co-write it and I'm all in.
Levito
Banned
(11-20-2013, 10:03 PM)
Levito's Avatar
Ok Kotaku just linked to the Per5ona poster.

Whoever from Kotaku is watching, thank you. I will laugh for days.
Squire
Banned
(11-20-2013, 10:05 PM)
Squire's Avatar

Originally Posted by Levito

Ok Kotaku just linked to the Per5ona poster.

Whoever from Kotaku is watching, thank you. I will laugh for days.

That's Jason. He posts on GAF.
Thorgal
Member
(11-20-2013, 10:07 PM)
Thorgal's Avatar

Originally Posted by Levito

Ok Kotaku just linked to the Per5ona poster.

Whoever from Kotaku is watching, thank you. I will laugh for days.

By Jason Shreier


I could have guessed as much . lol
Almighty
Member
(11-20-2013, 10:22 PM)
Almighty's Avatar
Well since the consensus seems to be that Persona 5 is what will be announced all I have to say is PS3(very likely) or PS4(much less likely) please. Though if Sega/Atlus wants to make me very, very happy a PC release will do the trick. Sunday should be a very interesting day.
Psycho_Mantis
Banned
(11-20-2013, 10:22 PM)

Originally Posted by Supermanisdead

omg, i cannot wait until the platform is announced and the cast/concept revealed. persona threads will become 150% more readable.

As much as I hate the people that come in and say shit like lawls 3DS exclusive.....just for the meltdowns something far worse happens once platforms have been announced and characters are announced. Waifu wars. Be afraid.
LX_Theo
Banned
(11-20-2013, 10:26 PM)

Originally Posted by Pyscho_Mantis

As much as I hate the people that come in and say shit like lawls 3DS exclusive.....just for the meltdowns something far worse happens once platforms have been announced and characters are announced. Waifu wars. Be afraid.

Scary. I only recently got into the series, so I don't even know what that would be like. It sounds like something I'd want to avoid, though.
MrBS
Member
(11-20-2013, 10:48 PM)
MrBS's Avatar
Calling it now:

Persona Idol PP - idol management game for Vita.

Believe.
EMT0
Banned
(11-21-2013, 02:25 AM)
Well guys, get your hype on, because if it isn't Persona 5, I think GAF will die.

M_Night
"And I tell you, you are SOLDIER, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell will not prevail against it." Gospel of Cloud, 16:18
(11-21-2013, 02:27 AM)
M_Night's Avatar
P5O

Persona 5 Online

Share your experiences via social media on facebook and twitter.

Not the game GAF deserves, but the one it needs.
Stark
Banned
(11-21-2013, 02:29 AM)

Originally Posted by EMT0

Well guys, get your hype on, because if it isn't Persona 5, I think GAF will die.

Amazing.
Elios83
Member
(11-21-2013, 02:31 AM)
Please be Persona 5.
It's definetly time.
afoni
Banned
(11-21-2013, 02:59 AM)

Originally Posted by Everyone Who Doubts it Being Persona 5

I doubt it's going to be Persona 5.


.
Goby
Banned
(11-21-2013, 04:06 AM)
I swear to YHWH if it's a fucking sequel to P4 instead of a new cast...
Protag
Banned
(11-21-2013, 04:15 AM)

Originally Posted by NoirVisage

The hypocrisy and iodized salt we'll see from certain posters will be well worth the PS4 exclusive announcement..

when it happens, it will also mean japanese rpg devs are ready to embrace the console market again.

Lost it at iodized salt, damn i love gaf.

Still day 1 if ps4 exclusive, and just wait till i get one
EMT0
Banned
(11-21-2013, 06:10 AM)

Originally Posted by afoni


.

I'm more surprised at the fact that anybody thinks it ISN'T going to be Persona 5, tbh.
vas_a_morir
Banned
(11-21-2013, 08:58 AM)
vas_a_morir's Avatar

Originally Posted by Goby

I swear to YHWH if it's a fucking sequel to P4 instead of a new cast...

I replayed it recently, and the ending made me hate all the characters.

I love how they are like "I will wait until the world ends with my mind consumed with nothing but thoughts of you and your splendor, living only with the hope that I might yet get another glimpse of your magnificent face, Senpai" and after they all pour their hearts out to him, he looks around and meekly nods "...mh" and walks off. lol, ridiculous.
Reila
Member
(11-21-2013, 09:11 AM)
Reila's Avatar

Originally Posted by Goby

I swear to YHWH if it's a fucking sequel to P4 instead of a new cast...

It could be both, you know? A sequel to P4 with a new cast, kind of like Persona 2 IS/EP.
jeremy1456
Junior Member
(11-21-2013, 09:14 AM)
jeremy1456's Avatar
Persona 3: Arena would be good for the lulz.

I hope it's Persona 5 for PS4/XBO
TetraGenesis
Member
(11-21-2013, 09:15 AM)
TetraGenesis's Avatar
I don't know if there's even any validity to the speculation that it's a P4 sequel instead of a true P5, but as much as I love the P4 cast, there better be a fucking new one.

It defeats the entire point of the series if we're going into it already knowing the characters. Persona is about building these bonds from the ground up with the player and player character learning more about his friends and growing with them.

Man. What if this isn't Persona 5, guys? For real? It will be, it will be, of course.

But what if it isn't?
Supermanisdead
Wishes he was as cool as MC Miker G & DJ Sven
(11-21-2013, 09:15 AM)
Supermanisdead's Avatar

Originally Posted by Reila

It could be both, you know? A sequel to P4 with a new cast, kind of like Persona 2 IS/EP.

good god, no. we already have arena and upcoming arena 2!
Perkel
Banned
(11-21-2013, 09:18 AM)
Sowhen is this stream ?
Reila
Member
(11-21-2013, 09:24 AM)
Reila's Avatar

Originally Posted by jeremy1456

I hope it's Persona 5 for PS4/XBO

I hope you are disappointed when they announce it. >_> It should be a PS360 title.

Originally Posted by Supermanisdead

good god, no. we already have arena and upcoming arena 2!

Yeah, I am not saying I want a Persona 4.2 instead of Persona 5, I am just saying it could have a new cast of playable characters, should it happen.
rockman zx
Member
(11-21-2013, 09:29 AM)
rockman zx's Avatar

Originally Posted by Perkel

Sowhen is this stream ?

Is on the OP. The stream will go active on November 21st at 8 pm in Japan. 72 hours later, the announcement will take place.
Persona7
Banned
(11-21-2013, 09:30 AM)
[junes theme intensifies]
AniHawk
Cranky. Very cranky.
Rather sarcastic to boot.
(11-21-2013, 09:30 AM)
AniHawk's Avatar

Originally Posted by Levito

It's coming.

all of my hate.
Shengar
Member
(11-21-2013, 09:31 AM)
Shengar's Avatar

Originally Posted by TetraGenesis

I don't know if there's even any validity to the speculation that it's a P4 sequel instead of a true P5, but as much as I love the P4 cast, there better be a fucking new one.

It defeats the entire point of the series if we're going into it already knowing the characters. Persona is about building these bonds from the ground up with the player and player character learning more about his friends and growing with them.

Man. What if this isn't Persona 5, guys? For real? It will be, it will be, of course.

But what if it isn't?

Either sequel to P4 or another P3 re-re-release. To be honest Persona 5 chance to be announced is higher than anything else. Even P4A2 doesn't have this kind of treatment.

Originally Posted by Reila

Yeah, I am not saying I want a Persona 4.2 instead of Persona 5, I am just saying it could have a new cast of playable characters, should it happen.

Time skip, Nanako as main character. Old P4 cast act like according to their age, similar to Vincent and co.
No, it's too soon for that.
Just noticed that you've changed your avatar.
Reila
Member
(11-21-2013, 09:36 AM)
Reila's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shengar

Time skip, Nanako as main character. Old P4 cast act like according to their age, similar to Vincent and co.
No, it's too soon for that.
Just noticed that you've changed your avatar.

Nanako as the main character would please me so much. I am hoping for her to be a playable character in whatever the new Persona game is and I'd also love a new FeMC.

Yeah, my XY hype faded off weeks ago, so it was about time to pick a new avy.
Clefargle
Member
(11-21-2013, 09:37 AM)
Clefargle's Avatar
Didn't nintendo buy niconico?

If so, fire emblem x persona or 3ds announcement of new persona title.
super-famicom
Member
(11-21-2013, 09:39 AM)
super-famicom's Avatar

Originally Posted by AniHawk

all of my hate.

+ my hate
Psycho_Mantis
Banned
(11-21-2013, 09:44 AM)

Originally Posted by euphemism

Didn't nintendo buy niconico?

If so, fire emblem x persona or 3ds announcement of new persona title.

Stop being stupid. Wait maybe your trollling.
Frodo
Member
(11-21-2013, 10:06 AM)
Frodo's Avatar
duckroll said it is not on 3DS. So maybe it will be released on the next Nintendo handheld that will also be revealed on Sunday.

#gethype
jiggle
Member
(11-21-2013, 10:08 AM)
jiggle's Avatar

Originally Posted by Frodo

duckroll said it is not on 3DS. So maybe it will be released on the next Nintendo handheld that will also be revealed on Sunday.

#gethype

so that leaves wiiu or the bone
Frodo
Member
(11-21-2013, 10:09 AM)
Frodo's Avatar

Originally Posted by jiggle

so that leaves wiiu or the bone

Don't forget iOS.
Shengar
Member
(11-21-2013, 10:12 AM)
Shengar's Avatar

Originally Posted by Frodo

Don't forget iOS.

I sincerely support this as platform of choice.
#gethype #teamduckroll #teamnirolak
Poetic.Injustice
Member
(11-21-2013, 11:32 AM)
Poetic.Injustice's Avatar
Stream goes live in half an hour.
Squire
Banned
(11-21-2013, 11:34 AM)
Squire's Avatar
http://www.twitch.tv/pantypan
Asd202
Member
(11-21-2013, 11:37 AM)
Asd202's Avatar

Originally Posted by Inorigo

http://www.twitch.tv/pantypan

What's this?
Squire
Banned
(11-21-2013, 11:40 AM)
Squire's Avatar

Originally Posted by Asd202

What's this?

Twitch stream of the Nico Nico stream.
Asd202
Member
(11-21-2013, 11:41 AM)
Asd202's Avatar

Originally Posted by Inorigo

Twitch stream of the Nico Nico stream.

Oh nice got add to bookmarks for sunday reveal :). Thanks.
LuuKyK
Member
(11-21-2013, 11:50 AM)
LuuKyK's Avatar
The stream is up on NicoNico.

It shows nothing.

Thread Tools