• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
It seems weird that this got moved to Community. It's still a new game. Is it because we're all talking multi? By that standard, the FEZ thread is all "community discussion" already. I don't get it.

I think the new rule was once the game has been out for a month, it gets shuffled to Community.

Boogiepop

Bah, is there any way to consistently do a dash melee attack? I've been trying to get used to the "dash forward, yank back and shoot" thing, but I can only manage to get it to actually work about 50% of the time. The rest of the time it ends up a backwards charge shot. Really annoying, and it's keeping me from being consistent enough to try beating bosses with it.

Oh, and is there any way whatsoever to manipulate what powers you get? Like, do certain chapters/cpu difficulties/whatever have higher odds of giving out more/certain powers? I only need two more to finish the power portrait, and I'm a little worried I won't get them before I finish everything else. They really should have put in a power toss or something, as they're the only things regulated to pure, random loot, which makes it REALLY annoying to try to get them all as there's seemingly nothing you can do to speed things up.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Bah, is there any way to consistently do a dash melee attack? I've been trying to get used to the "dash forward, yank back and shoot" thing, but I can only manage to get it to actually work about 50% of the time. The rest of the time it ends up a backwards charge shot. Really annoying, and it's keeping me from being consistent enough to try beating bosses with it.

Oh, and is there any way whatsoever to manipulate what powers you get? Like, do certain chapters/cpu difficulties/whatever have higher odds of giving out more/certain powers? I only need two more to finish the power portrait, and I'm a little worried I won't get them before I finish everything else. They really should have put in a power toss or something, as they're the only things regulated to pure, random loot, which makes it REALLY annoying to try to get them all as there's seemingly nothing you can do to speed things up.

Why are you yanking back? Attack while you're dashing.

Prinny

Oh, and is there any way whatsoever to manipulate what powers you get? Like, do certain chapters/cpu difficulties/whatever have higher odds of giving out more/certain powers? I only need two more to finish the power portrait, and I'm a little worried I won't get them before I finish everything else.
There is some power that you can only obtain in multiplayer. It's completely random.

I think playing with other people instead of cpu give more/better stuff but I'm not sure if you get more power that way.

I only need warp to 100% the treasure hunt but they refuse to give it to me ARGH :(

(While running toward the boss) Wait until you see a X in the reticle to attack. It's only the last hit that need to be a dash melee attack.

Boogiepop

Thanks guys. Got it so now I just need to pump out about 100 more multiplayer matches and I'll be done with the treasure hunt, and then I just need to hunt down two more powers to finish the power portrait. Sooooo close to the end!

Edit: Anyone have a complete list of powers so I can check it?

Ok, so it looks like I'm missing Eggplant Attack and Warp. Do I need to be doing together mode for those? Does it need to be Far Away to get them?
Warp is the reward for one of the challenges.

"Power: Warp Achieve 30 victories in Light vs. Dark"

It's pretty easy to get.

It only ''unlock'' it so you can randomly obtain it in multiplayer :(

It's the same thing with eggplant attack.
Oh, I must have gotten it right after and forgot, since I recall getting it with the unlock. I could have sworn I got it while doing 9.0 power runs on stage 1, then.

muu

It only ''unlock'' it so you can randomly obtain it in multiplayer :(

It's the same thing with eggplant attack.

Long as you have it unlocked you can get it as a reward on SP or multi. I've gotten insta-kill powers off MP before, and MP-only powers off SP.

Prinny

Long as you have it unlocked you can get it as a reward on SP or multi. I've gotten insta-kill powers off MP before, and MP-only powers off SP.
Then warp must hate me, I don't have it after 70-80h of single player :(

I got eggplant attack quickly in MP but I wasn't able to get it in SP.

Cynosure

Just when I think I'm getting better, I go back to try a level 9 solo mission and die before I'm halfway.

Circling around the screen does not work. Monsters everywhere, all up in my face....nonstop.

In online multiplayer, is there any other way besides killing and making a hit to get points?

Bah, this jerk online kept stealing my kills. I had to drop everything just to put him in his place :I

tumblr_lybewnsXOY1qikhz3o1_r1_500.gif

Prinny

You better not be tampering with the handicaps, I'm not even joking.
Come on. I didn't.

I had a super strong/slow canon.

Edit: I didn't make the game, I'll check after this one if the rules were changed.

Edit2: Nope, everything is normal.

Boogiepop

Well, I finished up my last treasure hunt square, and ended up grabbing a Warp lv 4 along the way, but unfortunately no Eggplant Attack, so my Power Portrait remains one step incomplete. I may try screwing around online over the next week in hopes that it'll pop up, as only having ONE power left will leave me feeling a little unsatisfied.

Oh, and oddly enough it brought me up to
100.7%.
(Weird post virtually everything spoiler. Not a big deal, but better safe than sorry.)

Codeblue

There's a half full room going if anyone wants to join. I think Prinny and co had a pretty full room going as well but I had a friend who wanted to join.

Prinny

Good games guys! We were a great team Gospel :)

And then you betrayed me and spammed petrify on me. I shall not forget.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I do wish teams in LvD would auto-scramble after a round, instead of forcing people to play nice and do it manually. It seems teams always end up stacked.

muu

So you want to prevent friends from playing together?

An option in games to randomize teams would have been nice. I mean, some of the best moments playing CS came from playing with guys that wiped out half the opposing team with a deagle. And then having the tables turned when AutoSwitch decided to play god.

Finding the Libra/Aries/Counter combo hilarious (except the times when reflect-o-walls get erected). Wish there was space to add invisible shots in this build, that'd make the perfect automatic slip-shot-homing-eye counter killer.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Good games guys! We were a great team Gospel :)

And then you betrayed me and spammed petrify on me. I shall not forget.

Ahhh, so that's why I ended up getting petrified the matches after that! Hahaha, you sure taught me. Great marathon session though, regardless. :)

Just watched the Gamespot review and Im sold. One thing though, how does this play if your left handed? I mean, the aiming controls are stylus based, so since Im left handed am I fudged?

Busaiku

Besides Magnus Clubs, it seems every weapon I get after becoming Pit/Dark Pit has terrible stats.
But the main problem is I don't know how to use most of them, of course.

Jintor

Just watched the Gamespot review and Im sold. One thing though, how does this play if your left handed? I mean, the aiming controls are stylus based, so since Im left handed am I fudged?

You can pick up a Circlepad pro which will help, and you can also set the controls to use the face buttons as a d-pad. It's definitely not optimal, and you'll have to ask fellow lefties here if it's workable.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
So you want to prevent friends from playing together?

Yes, because this game does not give us an option for real lobbies, having balance would be a welcomed addition. Like any title, having one side rolled over constantly in random matchups is only entertaining for one side. This is not a competitive environment, and it should do its best to set an even playing field. At the very least the option to scramble teams every round, or when K:D ratio, or damage output is so lopsided, that it forces it.

And in the case of people on GAF playing together, it makes all the more sense. You're not going around 'pub stomping', you're playing friendlies with GAF members. Might as well keep in entertaining for everyone.

Codeblue

Besides Magnus Clubs, it seems every weapon I get after becoming Pit/Dark Pit has terrible stats.
But the main problem is I don't know how to use most of them, of course.

I can deal as long as I don't get a staff, which is rare.

Looking forward to more Mu/Busaiku v. Codeblue/Yoshi matches though. We actually had you guys on a couple of rounds today.

I just added the following people:

Billychu
OmegaZero
CodeBlue
Prinny
Dr. Hadji
Gospel
Jintor
CoconutTank
Insaniac
Incitemaybe
jgkspsx
muu
NubInaTub
ScraftyDevil

Have room to add only five more people, but I think that's enough

Prinny

Well, I finished up my last treasure hunt square, and ended up grabbing a Warp lv 4 along the way, but unfortunately no Eggplant Attack, so my Power Portrait remains one step incomplete.
So where did you find warp? Single player? I played a lot last night and I still don't have it, this is getting ridiculous.

Tom_Cody

Well, I finished up my last treasure hunt square, and ended up grabbing a Warp lv 4 along the way, but unfortunately no Eggplant Attack, so my Power Portrait remains one step incomplete. I may try screwing around online over the next week in hopes that it'll pop up, as only having ONE power left will leave me feeling a little unsatisfied.

Oh, and oddly enough it brought me up to
100.7%.
(Weird post virtually everything spoiler. Not a big deal, but better safe than sorry.)
Whoa. I'm impressed.

What is your total game time?

Top Bottom