• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Boogiepop

Whoa. I'm impressed.

What is your total game time?

Total play time ended up being 66:36:13.

So where did you find warp? Single player? I played a lot last night and I still don't have it, this is getting ridiculous.

I happened to get it while grinding up a ton of matches so I could get the "play 200 matches" thing. I just had it set to nearby, Light vs. Dark, level one comps with 100 health on the small basic arena. Great for grinding through battles quickly (most were over in about 15 seconds), but not good for grinding rewards, as they didn't really show up that frequently. I pretty much just got lucky with Warp showing up (though not lucky enough for eggplant to show up too.)

Prinny

I happened to get it while grinding up a ton of matches so I could get the "play 200 matches" thing. I just had it set to nearby, Light vs. Dark, level one comps with 100 health on the small basic arena. Great for grinding through battles quickly (most were over in about 15 seconds), but not good for grinding rewards, as they didn't really show up that frequently. I pretty much just got lucky with Warp showing up (though not lucky enough for eggplant to show up too.)
Thanks, I guess I'll have to keep
killing Gospel
playing multiplayer for a while.

Tom_Cody

Total play time ended up being 66:36:13.
I'm just starting to make my march through single player on 9 intensity and I any reflections you have on your experience with the game.

I guess to start off with, what have you main single player and multiplayer weapons been, or any other weapon classes that you consider to be top tier? I mean both weapon types (e.g. Palms) and specific weapons (e.g. Cursed Palms).

Boogiepop

I'm just starting to make my march through single player on 9 intensity and I any reflections you have on your experience with the game.

I guess to start off with, what have you main single player and multiplayer weapons been, or any other weapon classes that you consider to be top tier? I mean both weapon types (e.g. Palms) and specific weapons (e.g. Cursed Palms).

Personally I just fused and fused and fused things up in value until I found things that I liked. I ended up with first a violet palm, and then a Viridi palm, both over 300 value and with +5 defense. I personally preferred to focus on defense followed by range values, as I like being able to take more hits and deal more damage, cutting down on the potential damage done by screw-ups.

Tom_Cody

Personally I just fused and fused and fused things up in value until I found things that I liked. I ended up with first a violet palm, and then a Viridi palm, both over 300 value and with +5 defense. I personally preferred to focus on defense followed by range values, as I like being able to take more hits and deal more damage, cutting down on the potential damage done by screw-ups.
As a Palm user, I'm sort of curious to hear your opinions on the dis/advantages of the various worthwhile Palms. Having reached 100.7% completion I'm sure you must have spent time with all 12, no?

I personally prefer Aurum Palms. No/virtually-no homing, great rate of fire, and highest attack power among Palms (as far as I can tell).

The main strength of Viridi Palms is their homing, right? What about Violet Palms. I don't think I've ever even taken a Violet Palm out of the practice room.

Korosenai

As a Palm user, I'm sort of curious to hear your opinions on the dis/advantages of the various worthwhile Palms. Having reached 100.7% completion I'm sure you must have spent time with all 12, no?

I personally prefer Aurum Palms. No/virtually-no homing, great rate of fire, and highest attack power among Palms (as far as I can tell).

The main strength of Viridi Palms is their homing, right? What about Violet Palms. I don't think I've ever even taken a Violet Palm out of the practice room.

I loved the cursed palm. Good homing effects, pretty good melee power, and the charged shots are good as well. I made a pair of cursed palms the day I got the game and i've been using them since.

If you've been keeping up with my posts, you'll know that I love Blades, particularly the Samurai Blade. It just has such strong melee potential, with its combos and dash attacks being both stronger and faster than most other weapons. The only downside is its continuous fire doesn't have much range, and its charge shots (as deadly as they may be) take a little while to prepare.

As for Palms, I personally prefer the Ninja Palm (what is it with me and Japanese-inspired weapons?) Great rate of fire, great charge shots, good melee power, and a quick movement speed. It doesn't really do too much damage, but with quick reflexes and a good power set, you can cherrytap your enemies to death before they even know it.

Busaiku

Violet Palms are great, they've got good homing and a good rate of fire, plus great range.
At 4.5 stars, I get about 25m, almost 50m for a forward dash charge shot.

The homing on Violet Palms and Viridi Palms seems about the same to me, but Violet Palms shots, if not locked on, still have a decent chance of hitting people, since the shots fly everywhere.

Grisby

Still hate the controls even though it got easier once I enabled auto fire with the reticule and upped the camera follow speed.

Game took an awesome turn on Ch19 too. The flying on rails sections are so gorgeous.

Dr.Hadji

Crescent Palms for me. Though I'm solely a Light V Dark player. Use it as an aggressive shield type. During initial rushes its great canceling power gives your side great footing for rushes. And on more open maps I scout thus pesky club users and cancel all of their full level traveling shots. The biggest down side are those select weapons that the crescent don't stop. All staffs from what I can tell and a few bows.

Busaiku

AGH
I just cannot beat Chapter 8!

I finally made it to Space Kraken, but I used up all my powers before that...

Seriously, its tentacles also got like super buffed up.
At 8.0, they go down pretty easily, but at 9.0, it's taking me like 30 seconds per tentacle.

I didn't even know the tentacles even did anything before that, I just thought they were filler...

PK Gaming

AGH
I just cannot beat Chapter 8!

I finally made it to Space Kraken, but I used up all my powers before that...

Seriously, its tentacles also got like super buffed up.
At 8.0, they go down pretty easily, but at 9.0, it's taking me like 30 seconds per tentacle.

I didn't even know the tentacles even did anything before that, I just thought they were filler...

I. feel. your. pain.

In other news, a friend of mine completed all stages on 9.0. Yeah he's a boss, but I think he his "never give up even if I have a paper due" attitude helped him clutch out.

I've completed about 70% of the stages on 9.0. Only a few more to go...

Busaiku

It's not the Space Kraken specifically, but on 9.0, it's definitely not completely easy for me.
If I managed to hold onto Health Recovery, I probably could've beaten it.
On 8.0 it's absolutely nothing, but on 9.0 it's exponentially harder.

The Space Pirates just destroy me completely.

BowieZ

Banned
I have 86 AR cards (US/AU) up for grabs if anyone wants to make a trade? The duplicates I have are:

2x 009 Gaol
011 Hewdraw Head
019 Thanatos (Trans 1)
020 Thanatos (Trans 2)
021 Underworld Key
022 Space Pirate Captain
023 Galactic Fiend Kraken
024 Three Sacred Treasures Case
026 Underworld Gatekeeper
082 Viper Blade
084 Royal Blade
2x 085 Optical Blade
2x 096 Ancient Staff
2x 107 Brawler Claws
2x 109 Hedgehog Claws
117 Silver Bow
121 Crystal Bow
129 Burning Palm
131 Midnight Palm
2x 132 Cursed Palm
2x 133 Cutter Palm
2x 141 Babel Club
145 Ogre Club
2x 155 Poseidon Cannon
2x 157 Rail Cannon
2x 158 Dynamo Cannon
165 Guardian Orbitars
166 Shock Orbitars
167 Eyetrack Orbitars
170 Jetstream Orbitars
178 Electroshock Arm
181 Bomber Arm
189 Wave Angler
191 Keron
192 Gyrazer
193 Shemum
194 Nettler
2x 195 Skuttler
2x 197 Skuttler Mage
2x 200 Ganewmede
202 Syren
2x 204 Porcuspine
207 Coral
208 Boogity
209 Monolith
211 Specknose
2x 212 Commyloose
215 Shildeen
222 Merenguy
2x 223 Mega Mussel
225 Realer
226 Shelbo
228 Orne
2x 235 Leox
238 Snong
244 Pluton
2x 246 Bumbledrop
250 Shootfly
253 Erinus
2x 254 Guttler
255 Fort Oink
2x 267 Space Pirate
2x 323 Centurion Knight
328 Rare Treasurefish

Soulhouf

Hi. It's perhaps offtopic but I didn't find the proper thread to ask this.
I'm an owner of a US 3DS but I live in Europe.
I had no problem with that until this 3D Classics: Kid Icarus GameStop exclusive offer came. So, my problem is that I can't order the code of the digital download.
So if somebody can get it for me, I will paypal him/her for that.
Thanks in advance.

PK Gaming

It's not the Space Kraken specifically, but on 9.0, it's definitely not completely easy for me.
If I managed to hold onto Health Recovery, I probably could've beaten it.
On 8.0 it's absolutely nothing, but on 9.0 it's exponentially harder.

The Space Pirates just destroy me completely.

Haha, I hate how there's a HUGE gap in difficulty between 8.0 and 9.0.

Damn why did this thread this thread get communitied? Hasn't even been a month :(

Effect

Finally finished the game last night. Very enjoyable but it started losing me in the ending missions. I guess the shine had worn off and I just wanted things to be over around mission
. Need to redo the ending again, messed up the credits sequence.

Prinny

Warp won, I used a feather on the ''acquire all powers'' square. Treasure hunt is 100% completed now, YAY!

Farewell Kid Icarus, I can finally start playing DMC.

Codeblue

I'm hosting a room right now.

We can't let this die before someone tries to host a tournament that will inevitabely fall apart.

Jarsonot

Xenoblade sucked me in =) I look forward to returning to kid icarus - don't think I'll ever get rid of the game. Just wish I could multiplayer locally (know nobody with it) or online had chat. For the sequel!

Edit: pm me if ya get a tourney going and need another plauer

I have 86 AR cards (US/AU) up for grabs if anyone wants to make a trade? The duplicates I have are:

2x 009 Gaol
011 Hewdraw Head
019 Thanatos (Trans 1)
020 Thanatos (Trans 2)
021 Underworld Key
022 Space Pirate Captain
023 Galactic Fiend Kraken
024 Three Sacred Treasures Case
026 Underworld Gatekeeper
082 Viper Blade
084 Royal Blade
2x 085 Optical Blade
2x 096 Ancient Staff
2x 107 Brawler Claws
2x 109 Hedgehog Claws
117 Silver Bow
121 Crystal Bow
129 Burning Palm
131 Midnight Palm
2x 132 Cursed Palm
2x 133 Cutter Palm
2x 141 Babel Club
145 Ogre Club
2x 155 Poseidon Cannon
2x 157 Rail Cannon
2x 158 Dynamo Cannon
165 Guardian Orbitars
166 Shock Orbitars
167 Eyetrack Orbitars
170 Jetstream Orbitars
178 Electroshock Arm
181 Bomber Arm
189 Wave Angler
191 Keron
192 Gyrazer
193 Shemum
194 Nettler
2x 195 Skuttler
2x 197 Skuttler Mage
2x 200 Ganewmede
202 Syren
2x 204 Porcuspine
207 Coral
208 Boogity
209 Monolith
211 Specknose
2x 212 Commyloose
215 Shildeen
222 Merenguy
2x 223 Mega Mussel
225 Realer
226 Shelbo
228 Orne
2x 235 Leox
238 Snong
244 Pluton
2x 246 Bumbledrop
250 Shootfly
253 Erinus
2x 254 Guttler
255 Fort Oink
2x 267 Space Pirate
2x 323 Centurion Knight
328 Rare Treasurefish

I don't have any cards to trade lol

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Beat the Great Reaper on 9.0.

Bastard isn't a problem on lower difficulties but he's much quicker on 9.0 and 1 hit from his scythe takes away half your health even with defense +3....

And the reapettes. The motherfucking reapettes.

Took me like 15 failed attempts to even reach the damn thing until I realized I should stop attacking the reapers and just run past them. Then another 10-15 tries against the great reaper on 9.0 before I finally got past him without dying (in crisis, at that!)

Neiteio

Beat the Great Reaper on 9.0.

Bastard isn't a problem on lower difficulties but he's much quicker on 9.0 and 1 hit from his scythe takes away half your health even with defense +3....

And the reapettes. The motherfucking reapettes.

Took me like 15 failed attempts to even reach the damn thing until I realized I should stop attacking the reapers and just run past them. Then another 10-15 tries against the great reaper on 9.0 before I finally got past him without dying (in crisis, at that!)
Battling the Great Reaper at 9.0 was very challenging and took numerous tries... and it was also incredibly badass. "Just one more try," I kept thinking. I memorized my approach to the level by the time I finally beat him, and when the screen paused and went white with the finishing blow, I was like "YES!!" A great gaming moment. :)

GaimeGuy

Battling the Great Reaper at 9.0 was very challenging and took numerous tries... and it was also incredibly badass. "Just one more try," I kept thinking. I memorized my approach to the level by the time I finally beat him, and when the screen paused and went white with the finishing blow, I was like "YES!!" A great gaming moment. :)

It's weird, he's a complete pushover on 7.0 and below, 8.0 he keeps you on your toes, and he's flat out TOUGH on 9.

Neiteio

It's weird, he's a complete pushover on 7.0 and below, 8.0 he keeps you on your toes, and he's flat out TOUGH on 9.
A good strategy with 9.0 Great Reaper is jumping to the second floor and strafing along the edge and as soon as he sees you, FALL DOWN. Because the moment he sees you on the second floor, he immediately launches an attack that will miss you if you jump down, and probably hit you if you don't.

A good strategy with 9.0 Great Reaper is jumping to the second floor and strafing along the edge and as soon as he sees you, FALL DOWN. Because the moment he sees you on the second floor, he immediately launches an attack that will miss you if you jump down, and probably hit you if you don't.
Yup, I just ping-pong up and down. It sucks if you get disoriented and bounce up too early. -_-

I failed one of the treasures in this game a few times because I kept accidentally stepping on the bouncers while strafing.

GaimeGuy

finally finished this earlier. sadly, i still find the game overall to be disappointing.

How? The game has tons of content, high production values, charm, and is as easy or as difficult as you want it to be.

McNum

Huh, Medusa didn't put up that big a fight for a final boss.

And that's because she's NOT. Also, Space Pirate Ship? Well, why not? Pits in Space!Going to take a break now, then it's onwards for chapter 10. I wonder how Pit will manage to lose the Sacred Treasures... No way I get to use them for every map onwards. That would just break the game.

Been crafting some weapons, still have some types locked. Got be a nice Crusader Blade at the moment, but I'll probably mix up something different from it soon enough. Three star ranged is pretty nice, though.

Korosenai

Ok I will add you as well, thank you.

Still a bit new to the Nintendo way of things.

I wish nintendo would just create an online service like xbox or ps3.

and they really need to give kid icarus a party system, so you can play with friends and search in matchmaking.

Jburton

Banned

and they really need to give kid icarus a party system, so you can play with friends and search in matchmaking.

I tried to add you the other day using the list, stupid me did not realise I needed to give you my number as well.

The more you know.

Hopefully the Nintendo Network will rectify this issue. Nintendo have already stated that they plan to do away with Friend Codes with the Wii U, so hopefully there'll be interconnectivity between the 3DS and Wii U accounts a lá the PS3 and Vita.

Make it happen, Nintendo! We need our IcarusGAF parties!

Top Bottom