• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justice League - Comic-Con Sneak Peek

Mariolee

This shit is incredible haha

Honestly, I enjoyed the hell out of that trailer. I just dig the positivity that has been so absent from every DCEU film aside from Wonder Woman and parts of Man of Steel.

We see them actually being heroic.

Having Wonder Woman stop an ordinary bank heist is the perfect way to ground these characters more and show them helping the everyman rather than world-ending destruction.

If only this universe had presented Superman as the beacon Bruce describes him as instead of the indifferent and untrusted trash he has been.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Something felt off, cant place it.

image.php

Newlove

I'm thinking who else other than Superman at the end but why the heavy footsteps? Like its Swamp thing or something.

Yeah, it's weird that WB are trying to retcon the DCEU Superman into being this beacon of optimism and hope when he really wasn't.

I hold by the idea they're trying to force this meta narrative of the universe becoming brighter and optimistic so as to justify having started with the likes of MoS, BvS, and SS, and transitioning into more 'traditional' superhero fare. They've admittedly kinda had it set up since the SS stinger, which is basically designed to say 'And this is why we need a Justice League instead'.

JeTmAn81

Supes doesn't come back until act 3, huh. Guess that gives the newer characters more time to shine. Nice trailer! Poor Gordon.

Valtýr

I really don't like the style of their CG effects. Everything looks so empty and blatantly fake. It reminds me of a video game where the scale of the world is bigger to accommodate moving around. In this it just looks weird and my brain is just rejecting it.

Also it just looks generic.

Boke1879

What is this Nightwing talk.

It's Superman, surely. But if they real that outright it'll be them showing the last card up their sleeve.

They just want to keep plausible deniability, but that's black hair and a red cape.

I just don't see why Superman would visit Alfred. Or tell him that "He's coming"

I mean it's most likely him, but.

Do you not like his "bro" vibe? I can understand that, but I think it works pretty well with his look.

I think it's fun, honestly. I'm not mocking the "Yayuh," I'm celebrating it.

It's dumb and ridiculous and perfect for THE AQUABRO

I just don't see why Superman would visit Alfred. Or tell him that "He's coming"

I mean it's most likely him, but.

Bruce probably taped a note to the inside of the coffin explaining everything.

Very smart to lead with and focus on Wonder Woman. Dudebro Aquaman huh, I thknk Wan will make it work.

Doesn't look half bad tbh! Roll on November.

J_Viper

What is this Nightwing talk.

It's Superman, surely. But if they real that outright it'll be them showing the last card up their sleeve.

They just want to keep plausible deniability, but that's black hair and a red cape.

Maybe I'm not seeing straight, but I can see a hint of red in the corner of that scene.

It can't not be Superman.
They really do have the Aquabro out here acting like Legolas drank a whole bottle of Axe body spray
DIG THROUGH THE DITCHES
AND BURN THROUGH THE WITCHES

Dead

well not really...yet
I hold by the idea they're trying to force this meta narrative of the universe becoming brighter and optimistic so as to justify having started with the likes of MoS, BvS, and SS, and transitioning into more 'traditional' superhero fare. They've admittedly kinda had it set up since the SS stinger, which is basically designed to say 'And this is why we need a Justice League instead'.
Theres no metanarrative being forced. Its literally what the filmmakers said the intent was even before BvS was released.

FeD.nL

Except he kinda was but people didn't realise this until he sacrificed himself to save humanity?

To the viewer he's been portrayed as a conflicted hero but in the world he was clearly seen as a hero by a significant part of the populace, I don't think you're getting a statue in the middle of the city if people think you're scum. And at the end of BvS he's definitely seen as a beacon of hope by the people living in the world.

BearPawB

Banned
Looks...like it suffers from the same problems as every other superhero movie.

You know the ending of this movie is going to be complete bullshit already.

And Cyborg looks like he belongs in a different universe completely

JeTmAn81

I think it's fun, honestly. I'm not mocking the "Yayuh," I'm celebrating it.

It's dumb and ridiculous and perfect for THE AQUABRO

Bruce probably taped a note to the inside of the coffin explaining everything.

I don't mind Aquaman as snarky guy, but does that jive at all with his comics incarnation? Seems more like Flash's thing.

Top Bottom