• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Shippuden |OT| The Filler Chronicles (Anime Only! No manga spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Isaac

I enjoyed it, but I will say this...I'm not so sure how I feel about the whole spirit/soul thing breaking the Reanimation Jutsu. Not the way it was handled anyway. That was just...not good? Yeah, it wasn't good. Not terrible by any means, just mediocre. Everything else was enjoyable for me, but I do agree that it could have been better.

I really enjoyed the last two episodes, but I have to say I'm not liking any of the Reanimation stuff. First of all, it's straight up cheating. I don't like that these Akatsuki guys pretty much get a second chance. If you were going to bring them back, then maybe they shouldn't have killed so many of them off in the first place. They also seem to be defeated so easily. Sasori was the first one to be defeated AGAIN, and he was talked to death.

I really enjoyed the last two episodes, but I have to say I'm not liking any of the Reanimation stuff. First of all, it's straight up cheating. I don't like that these Akatsuki guys pretty much get a second chance. If you were going to bring them back, then maybe they shouldn't have killed so many of them off in the first place.
Lol, I can understand that...but that is actually why I like it. I like the fact that they are "cheating"(which they literally are, by using forbidden jutsu and on a HUGE scale). The Akatsuki are in the position they are in because they just didn't play by the rules, so it's not really out of character for them to do such a thing. I think it created a really great moment as well, when Kabuto was on his war speech, naming all of these people that are an army on their own. Hell, they alone could probably destroy any nation. Really gave me one of those "WTF! How do you beat that!?" type of feelings.

But...

Sasori was the first one to be defeated AGAIN, and he was talked to death.
This is what I didn't like either. It seems like Kabuto is going to make some sort of change so this won't happen again, but I hate that they used Sasori of all people to demonstrate that weakness in the jutsu. Maybe Sai's brother I would have been ok with, but not Sasori. At least give it a few eps to build it up during the fight. Have him clash with his puppet and remember things, maybe feel the chakra strings and have a sensation of life...anything would have done. Kankuro just said, "You are great and remembered, now go to Jesus" and he listened lol

The Boat

I actually like what they did with the reanimation jutsu. It sheds more like on their personalities and avoids that we just get loads of "round 2" fights, not to mention that (anime spoilers, not manga)]
Kabuto mentioned that some characters might get their personalities erased
, so it's kinda covered and won't happen with everyone. Not only that, it makes the jutsu less cheap.

Sasori should have gone out with fighting, that was my only real qualm about it, let Sai's brother and the other fodder reanimated meet their doom via talking etc but have actual compelling competent characters get full on fights,

I hope Naruto doesn't try to do the wind shuriken rasengen in that form. He is going to create a damn void or something terribly destructive. Really nice ep though. Enjoyed that a lot.

Whoever that was on the right side is going to murder EVERYONE
KuGsj.gif

I'm slightly afraid though...

It really was. I would rather the flashback eps be handled in this manner(if we must have them), since there was still a significant event actually going on.

Tritroid

So far I'm liking the war a lot more via anime than I did manga. I guess the scope is too large for what's going on to be presented right in manga form.

Really great episode though with the Haku/Zabuza zombies...The preview for next week's episode doesn't suggest a flashback filler episode though does it..?

Shit, that ep was pretty damn hot! Kakashi getting pissed was tense, and I can see them building on the emergence of a Seven Sword story if they choose to. Really enjoyed that one.

Also, the Blunt Blade and Sewing Blade scare the hell out of me.

Suigetsu was in the episode!!! Meaning, this is one of the best episode thus far. I loved it. I hope his plot gets fleshed out way more and he does find all the blades and revives the swordsman of the midst.

I think I got a bit of sand in my eye.

It's ok. Let it out :^(

Suigetsu was in the episode!!! Meaning, this is one of the best episode thus far. I loved it. I hope his plot gets fleshed out way more and he does find all the blades and revives the swordsman of the midst.

I'm really hoping this happens. Seems like a big hint towards it possibly coming about in some form. I noticed kakashi had the iron regen sword
at the end as well...

Why did you stop at 243 when 243 was the start of this canon arc, theres, been only filler episodes at 257-260 (well just flashback between Naruto and Sasuke)

Good question! I think I just had too much to watch at that time and so dropped Naruto for a while and didn't come back...
I'm glad though as discounting the filler/flashback few that you mention it seems I have almost 20 episodes to catch up on.
Good stuff! .......... unless Naruto is training with Killer Bee for at least half of those. It's almost certain to be at least half of those isn't it? :(

Desmond

Haven't posted here in a while. Had exams and stuff. Well I'm back now. Decent enough episode. Like the filler-ry parts like Shikamaru explaining the Kekkai Touta. Can't wait for some Laser Circus from my boy Darui next episode. Looks like Pierrot are gonna blitz through the fight.

Also;
Deidara: "I'm not into S&M!"
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

I think the build up to this war has been pretty terrible. It just looks so terrible with the legions of that Akatsuki member fighting the forces. I hope the animation will get better at least the Cloud ninja looks pretty bad ass with his water/lightning move.

Ep 269
tumblr_m6p5m09san1qfe17zo5_250.gif
tumblr_m6p5m09san1qfe17zo7_r1_250.gif

New Ending theme is not that bad. Konohamaru FTW, and Naruto was cool. I like how they do Sakura, Ino, Hinata in the theme visuals usually.

Episode wise Darui was actually pretty awesome more so than in the manga. The battle itself felt way more intense and I like how they did handled his subordinates.

I wonder when Naruto will get back on the scene.

Desmond

I can't remember the last time I got giddy over an anime movie. It looks pretty fun.

What is the story behind it?

Basicly Tobi completes his plan and sends Naruto and Sakura into an alternate reality genjutsu world. Sasuke returned to the village after the VoTE fight, Naruto's parent's are alive and many characters have opposite personalities. Sakura's Dad is supposedly Hokage(His face is on the Cliff)

Seda

I caught up with the dub today (up to 153, basically
Naruto finally learns about Jiraiya's death, Sasuke just beat the 8 tails dude
). Figured I'd quickly post my thoughts, even though I'm probably the only one on GAF who sticks with the dubbed version. I've also managed to avoid most spoilers I think.

Sasuke's battles are way better than anything Naruto does, considering his attack variety and the way he plans his fights in general (whereas Naruto just gets angry and spams clones most of the time, and hits with some version of Rasengan.) The Uchia fight in particular was just great all around. The reveal about Itachi was there.....not great but not stupid either.

Also, I've thought since the beginning that Kabuto has some ulterior motives he seemed way too loyal to Orochimaru for no apparent reason, but I'm starting to doubt it. I guess he's off running around with Orochimaru's remains so I have no clue what's he gonna do

(Pardon my spellings)

Also, I still have no idea what Pein is supposed to be.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
). Figured I'd quickly post my thoughts, even though I'm probably the only one on GAF who sticks with the dubbed version. I've also managed to avoid most spoilers I think.

Sasuke's battles are way better than anything Naruto does, considering his attack variety and the way he plans his fights in general (whereas Naruto just gets angry and spams clones most of the time, and hits with some version of Rasengan.) The Uchia fight in particular was just great all around. The reveal about Itachi was there.....not great but not stupid either.

Also, I've thought since the beginning that Kabuto has some ulterior motives he seemed way too loyal to Orochimaru for no apparent reason, but I'm starting to doubt it. I guess he's off running around with Orochimaru's remains so I have no clue what's he gonna do

(Pardon my spellings)

The dub is *that* far behind? Did they just stop doing it at some point?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
They've always been about 2 and a half years behind.

Taking it off CN to put it on some random network that dropped it was a *wonderful* idea for the value of the property in North America.

(Pardon my spellings)

Im up to 140 on the dub, well the lst dvd they releases. Sasuuke v Itachi was great even with all the flashbacks and "begone with the thunderclap" - Kirin. Pretty intense and emotional.

I thought the entire Pain v Jiraiya infiltration made it clearly what Pain is as well as the flashbacks there too.

_Isaac

One thing I like about the war stuff is that it works wonders for world building. I like hearing about the history of all the other nations. Every region has their own legends, heroes, and villains.

GlassBox

Banned
Looks like Road to Ninja will have an "onsen" scene with the alternate characters (mirroring the scene that Kishi drew in the one-shot chapter)

Alternate Hinata apparently doesn't give a fuck if her boobs float.

vlanime078808.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom