• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More Halo 3 PC Rumors - Microsoft/Frankie denying still

Status
Not open for further replies.

IHaveIce

Banned
Halo 3 was pretty alright, a port would serve to improve the controls and increase the FOV, both of which were the worst in Halo 3 compared to the rest.
What was wrong with the controls? Thought Reach's and Halo 4's are way worse in my opinion...if we are speaking of control layouts.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding

wwm0nkey

What was wrong with the controls? Thought Reach's and Halo 4's are way worse in my opinion...if we are speaking of control layouts.

Aiming, Halo 3's acceleration was super weird, not as bad as Reach but still ehhh.

Halo 2 and 4's aim acceleration or lack of was great.

scarybore

The problem in-game is the upscaled sub-hd resolution and the lack of adequate filters; AF is sorely missing.

Adding higher res textures wouldn't hurt, but yes, Halo 3's image quality was poor and for that reason alone I would be happy to buy it again on PC.

If this all pans out, hopefully sales are good and we get ODST down the road.

As wwm0nkey brought up, the aiming was super weird. Always felt like I was controlling with an Etch-a-Sketch, it's the only Halo game the bugs me like that. The control scheme however was the best of all the Halo games; funny how that works.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Adding higher res textures wouldn't hurt, but yes, Halo 3's image quality was poor and for that reason alone I would be happy to buy it again on PC.

If this all pans out, hopefully sales are good and we get ODST down the road.

ODST is such a great game, but it really is underappreciated. I doubt it'll be ported. I really wish it did though.

cbox

I just want a MP only halo 2 in HD with halo reach's engine. Some of the best multiplayer maps and good times I've had on a console with friends.

muddream

Banned
I'd rebuy them all on PC just for the single player campaigns but I'd love it so much if they gave out server files/had dedicated servers for the games. That's probably wishful thinking on my part but I've never loved a Halo game online as much as 2 and would love to see that return in a big way. How did the original PC port of 1 handle multi ?

Oh well, I can dream.

It had dedicated servers, but some of the worst netcode I've ever experienced in a game. You could live right next to the server and still be forced to aim several inches in front of your targets.

It had dedicated servers, but some of the worst netcode I've ever experienced in a game. You could live right next to the server and still be forced to aim several inches in front of your targets.
Makes me wish there was someone with the capability as passionate towards Halo CE as Matt Pritchard was for AOE2. I just want that released on Steam and properly fixed up.

Grief.exe

Aiming, Halo 3's acceleration was super weird, not as bad as Reach but still ehhh.

Halo 2 and 4's aim acceleration or lack of was great.

Please take mouse acceleration out for the port.

Would be horrible.

Halo 2 PC servers are shutting down in June, not that it means anything relating to Halo 3... but maybe?

The original announcement was they were supposed to be shut down by now.

But then the Steam Database leak occurred.

A week later, they pushed back the server shut down to June.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=513074

Grief.exe

That is almost the opposite of what you are thinking.

PR speak is completely different than what you would expect, you have to read between the lines.

They are basically saying that they have no current plans, well they could have plans tomorrow or the next day, but not when they made that statement.

It means nothing.

When something is not true, Microsoft flat out denies it. When they are holding something close to the chest they say, 'do not comment on rumors or speculation,' or something like what you just linked.

Frankie said a similar thing on GAF, he said something along the lines of, 'from our perspective (303), we have no knowledge of this.'

Well, like with the AoE II port, likely some other firm is handling the porting duties, so that would mean 303 did have no knowledge of it.

Karl2177

When something is not true, Microsoft flat out denies it. When they are holding something close to the chest they say, 'do not comment on rumors or speculation,' or something like what you just linked.

Frankie said a similar thing on GAF, he said something along the lines of, 'from our perspective (343), we have no knowledge of this.'

Well, like with the AoE II port, likely some other firm is handling the porting duties, so that would mean 343 did have no knowledge of it.

Frank dropped a Dreamcrusher this morning. I guess you could argue that it's still not a direct 'no'.

Well, I guess there's ^that too.

Grief.exe

there's a difference between carefully couching and outright denial. This is the latter.

Can we have an outright denial then?

Frank dropped a Dreamcrusher this morning. I guess you could argue that it's still not a direct 'no'.

Well, I guess there's ^that too.

Yes, that would still be my argument.

Resident Evil: Revelations was confirmed by a developer.

Source: http://steamcommunity.com/app/221040/discussions/0/864961721812331809/

Second post down. So that's one more thing to scratch off the list.

Thanks, I forgot to make that one official for some reason. Its been known about for a while and I even watched a gameplay trailer about it.

There aren't many other outlandish ones left over besides KOF and Halo series

Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition (Duke Nukem 3D+) Released
Super House of Dead Ninjas Released
Dyad Official
Retro/Grade Official
Angry Birds Space Released
La-Mulana Official. Test App has achivements
The Splatters
Octodad: Dadliest Catch Beta
Fez Test App has achivements
LucasArts Test App
Fast and Furious 6 Test App has achivements
Lococycle
Yogventures!
Hardware
Hardware (Demo)
Cut the Rope
Shadow Warrior Complete
Hardware (VIP)
Hardware (Internal)
THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII
Resident Evil: Revelations Official.Test App has achivements
THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2002 UNLIMITED MATCH
THE KING OF FIGHTERS '98 ULTIMATE MATCH
Quantum Conundrum 2
Halo 3
Halo 2
Halo: Combat Evolved
The Witness
Angry Birds Seasons
Second Life

wwm0nkey

there's a difference between carefully couching and outright denial. This is the latter.

I can deny it all I want as long as I get it before 2020!

EDIT: Would also like to know how Halo ended up on the Steam DB and AMD drivers....mostly the AMD driver part. I mean you can understand why we are skeptical right?

So, uh, what's the deal with this AMD stuff then? I honestly have no idea why else a Halo 3 reference would be in there. Unless the initial report was a hoax, I guess...

derFeef

I can deny it all I want as long as I get it before 2020!

EDIT: Would also like to know how Halo ended up on the Steam DB and AMD drivers....mostly the AMD driver part. I mean you can understand why we are skeptical right?

Yeah very weird. And if AMD has hands on the game already, it does mean it's not far from release too. But then some leaks would have happened maybe already. I don't know, that is so weird.

Symphonic

Oh man, Revalations is coming to Steam.

What the FUCK kind of awesome is up with Capcpom lately?

Yeah very weird. And if AMD has hands on the game already, it does mean it's not far from release too. But then some leaks would have happened maybe already. I don't know, that is so weird.

Full Steam integration in Windows 8. BELIEVE.

Wouldn't be the first time Gabe changes his mind drastically on a game concept

Not really. Also you assume Microsoft isnt using another studio to bring it to the PC. Halo 1-3 didnt show up in the registry nor the AMD drivers document by accident.

Odds are pretty good that he'd know what's Microsoft's Halo plans are. The question is whether he'll comment directly on this AMD find.

wwm0nkey

Not really. Also you assume Microsoft isnt using another studio to bring it to the PC. Halo 1-3 didnt show up in the registry nor the AMD drivers document by accident.

He works for 343 bro lol

But still I think its just weird to have it pop up on the Steam DB and then now a month after have drivers for it pop up on AMD.

Oh man, H3 will look incredible downsampled @ 60+ fps. The game's art style and lighting engine ensured that it aged incredibly well. Only gripe with H3's gfx are the human character models. Luckily you never see them in MP.

Im more interested in the fact that is the last halo that felt like halo and not some cod hybrid.

GrizzNKev

Banned

Then could you please tell us what the hell is going on?

There's evidence directly conflicting with what you're saying here. So what's the deal? If you're going to side-step the PR and tell us straight up it's not happening, then why does Halo 3 keep showing up in places it shouldn't?

Grief.exe

He works for 343 bro lol

But still I think its just weird to have it pop up on the Steam DB and then now a month after have drivers for it pop up on AMD.

Technically Halo 1-3 have been on the database since July I believe, they only popped up recently because the Community Hub names were revealed.

That is how that whole list was discovered.

There's evidence directly conflicting with what you're saying here. So what's the deal? If you're going to side-step the PR and tell us straight up it's not happening, then why does Halo 3 keep showing up in places it shouldn't?

iOAkY6nNZaicn.gif

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

343 has an internal Pc version that only they get to play because why wouldn't someone want Halo in proper 1080p60?

eot

Banned
Now that the hype has since long settled, was Halo 3 actually anywhere as near as good as people said it was?

Also reminds me of this:

1)

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/01/07/nvidia-drivers-leak-potential-pc-gears-of-war/

There have been other signs that point to Gears of War eventually being released on the PC, and we're here with another Indiana Jones-like piece to the puzzle. Some Nvidia ForceWare drivers have been turning up with references to Gears of War in them.

2)

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Definitely-No-Gears-of-War-for-PC-44196.shtml

"You know console games are developed on PCs, right? Even if we never release Gears of War on PC we still need to run the game on PC to develop and test content for it" started Mark Rein to explain. He continues, pointing out that their first E3 demo, over two years ago, was done on a PC equipped with dual NVIDIA graphics cards. That was how they simulated the power of Xbox 360 before there was actually a real Xbox 360 to run on.

Epic gave NVIDIA a copy of the wargame.exe (along with some sample content from Gears of War) so they could help them tweak Unreal Engine 3 performance and reliability on NVIDIA graphics chips. Apparently, this was necessary to make the development tools perform well and ensure that NVIDIA drivers would support Unreal Engine 3 going forward.

So, the overall conclusion of Mark Rein's forum posts is that we WON'T see a PC version of Gears of War. Too bad I say, and I am certain that most PC gamers agree with me.

3)

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/07/11/gears-of-war-pc-official-not-vista-exclusive/

It just not a gaming event without a little CliffyB. Lo and behold, he made an appearance at Microsoft's E3 press conference to announce (you guessed it) Gears of War PC.

Demon Ice

Banned
Dammit, I got so excited. Games like GoW 2-3 and Halo 3 have the potential to look pretty damn good. It's a shame MS hates PC gamers.

Grief.exe

Now that the hype has since long settled, was Halo 3 actually anywhere as near as good as people said it was?

I think its still considered the definitive Halo game.

You would have to ask Halo GAF though, I've been PC only too long to know.

Dammit, I got so excited. Games like GoW 2-3 and Halo 3 have the potential to look pretty damn good. It's a shame MS hates PC gamers.

Why exactly is your excitement deflating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom