• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom Cover Art - Minimalist, clean, or alternative box arts for your favorite games

wwm0nkey

Need 343 to upload a high resolution version of this so I can actually make it a box art but here is what I have for Halo Anniversery

2rm36lw.png

RedSwirl

IceDoesntHelp said:
Decided to do another one.

I could do one without a logo, if someone wants.

Can you give me the spine logo you used for that. I've been working on my own and just need that.

ctrayne

wwm0nkey said:
Need 343 to upload a high resolution version of this so I can actually make it a box art but here is what I have for Halo Anniversery
Don't get me wrong, this is very cool, but would it not be better to have MC's (or whoever that is) face not right on the spine? I'm picturing looking at this from the front and all you will see is a sliver of his head. Plus, no words on spine = useless on a shelf. I see these same two issues come up a lot in this thread.

Just my 2 cents. Otherwise, very nice, as lots of the work in here is.

moonspeak said:
This is amazing. So much better than the real thing. Why do these companies not understand basic design principles?

RedSwirl said:
You wouldn't happen to have a larger "Sky Successor" logo would you? The only one I can find big enough says "Successor of the Skies".
The one in my cover is the only transparent one I have and know of. its 510x254
WJOZV.png

If that's not big enough, sorry. You're gonna have to find someone with better photoshop skills then I. But if I find one, I'll notify you.
EDIT: if transparency doesn't matter, this is the biggest one i could find.

wwm0nkey

ctrayne said:
Don't get me wrong, this is very cool, but would it not be better to have MC's (or whoever that is) face not right on the spine? I'm picturing looking at this from the front and all you will see is a sliver of his head. Plus, no words on spine = useless on a shelf. I see these same two issues come up a lot in this thread.

Just my 2 cents. Otherwise, very nice, as lots of the work in here is.
I was going to add the 360 logo and the name but I figured might as well wait until the higher resolution image gets uploaded you know.

Borman said:
Slowly feeling better, so I quickly finished up the Retro-Action Metroid: Other M cover for the Wii. If anyone has printed one of these out, let me know!
I was about to for the Super Mario Galaxy 2 one, but then realized...I still don't own it.

Also does anyone have a PS2 3D Converter? It bugs me to see a white case instead of black.
EDIT: Nevermind, just used the PC 3D Converter.
Here's what I was working on. Probably not final, but use it if you want.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
wwm0nkey, the spine kind of ruins the artwork man. Not sure about alternatives but the contrast is massive with the black and blue. Looks so out of place. Just some constructive criticism.

chixdiggit

Great job guys. Some of you need to be hired to do this professionally because most of these covers are leagues better than the originals.

SamuraiX-

Dreweyes said:
Spent the day designing this Dark Souls cover art!
What do you guys think?

Click to download if you would like to use!

I said fucking WOW!

Brilliant job, man! Love the style you used here. :D

Dreweyes said:
Here is a official art design by myself.

Wow. Really love this one too.

You have a talent for this, man! Please make more! :D

The_Monk

Dreweyes said:
Spent the day designing this Dark Souls cover art!
What do you guys think?

I think it's pretty nice. If you plan on doing for another games, go for it, its definitely a good job!

Jintor said:
Awesome. Thanks, hideo.

No problem ;)

Dreweyes

SamuraiX- said:
I said fucking WOW!

Brilliant job, man! Love the style you used here. :D

Wow. Really love this one too.

You have a talent for this, man! Please make more! :D
The_Monk said:
I think it's pretty nice. If you plan on doing for another games, go for it, its definitely a good job!
Thanks guys! :)

RedSwirl

IceDoesntHelp said:
I was about to for the Super Mario Galaxy 2 one, but then realized...I still don't own it.

Also does anyone have a PS2 3D Converter? It bugs me to see a white case instead of black.
EDIT: Nevermind, just used the PC 3D Converter.
Here's what I was working on. Probably not final, but use it if you want.

We need to go ahead and see if we can get a "standard" PS2 minimal format.

iLLmAtlc

You guys are really pumping out some amazing Dark Souls covers, fans of the game will have a very tough time picking just one I think. Dreweyes yours is really good, man!

I decided to consolidate my game drawers - I had a few limited editions that were taking up a ton of space, so I bought a bunch of double disc xbox cases (from BRE software - prices are a little high, but shipping was fast and product is good) and made covers for them. I am still working on Gears 1 and DXHR, but I'm pretty happy with the Halo 3 and Mass Effect 1 covers... what do you guys think?

Previews link to files. PS, that box art script and the templates are amazing!

Gui_PT said:
Well now I'm going to need a Mass Effect 2 cover in the same style, aren't I?

Edit: Your covers are smaller than all the other ones though

weird, i used the template. should be fine... i'll look into it.

i couldn't find any great mass effect 2 art that i wanted to use (plus i have the sick collectors edition steelbook, so i don't need it personally). if someone has the vista that they use in the main menu in ridiculously high res (
it's the one from the collector base looking into the galactic core, i think?
) i'd love to put it together for y'all.

oh, and thanks for all the kind words. first design-y thing i've put out in public since college. :)

RedSwirl

oddworld18 said:
weird, i used the template. should be fine... i'll look into it.

i couldn't find any great mass effect 2 art that i wanted to use (plus i have the sick collectors edition steelbook, so i don't need it personally). if someone has the vista that they use in the main menu in ridiculously high res (
it's the one from the collector base looking into the galactic core, i think?
) i'd love to put it together for y'all.

oh, and thanks for all the kind words. first design-y thing i've put out in public since college. :)

For ME2 if I were you I'd find a high res piece of the Omega concept art. Just a suggestion.

Gui_PT

I can't find anything decent in high res, but this looks nice, if someone wants to do anything with it

http://gearsofhalo.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/mass-effect-2-2560x1024.jpg

The_Monk

Can I please, please ask for some kind soul to do a simple TES IV: Oblivion cover for the PS3?

With Skyrim coming soon, it would be awesome to have a matching PS3 logo with better art on the cover... :)

Mithos said:
After the official reveal of the reversible cover for Ico & SotC HD Collection.

WGZG5.png

Left: US version - Right: EU version (according to EU Playstation blog).

Sony logos on Europe version and spine design not so good.

So decided to remake the US version, but with smaller logos though.
f21d4694a1369f62de34d7276eeb443aeb57f6ecd8398c14190c15b172a485076g.jpg

Edit: Link to download temporary removed, spine looks very pixelated.

Mithos, this going to be fixed?

Dreweyes said:
Yeah it's 100% original artwork, spent all day drawing & designing it haha.

Can you re-up this?

Have a direct link in the index, nevermind but your picture link is dead on all the back pages.

edit 3x: Derp, it's on the prior page!

Dreweyes

demosthenes said:
Updated through post #788!

PS3 list is huge. I had to expand it into a second post.

Remember to check post #5 (click me) for the contest rules!

Didn't even realize their was a contest!
My two submissions :)

- My custom Ico/SotC Cover (PS3) (815 downloads on mediafire so far)
- My custom Dark Souls Cover (PS3) (113 downloads on mediafire so far)

Thanks!

Dreweyes said:
Didn't even realize their was a contest!
My two submissions :)

- My custom Ico/SotC Cover (PS3) (815 downloads on mediafire so far)
- My custom Dark Souls Cover (PS3) (113 downloads on mediafire so far)

Thanks!

Not due for a long time! And I know you've posted a few recently but the final submission to me will be in a PM with the links to where they are in this thread (you can cheat by clicking them in the index).

Quick

Banned
Hey demosthenes, I combined a bunch of Xbox 360 templates together into on PSD. Would you be interested in putting it in the main page?

Quick said:
Hey demosthenes, I combined a bunch of Xbox 360 templates together into on PSD. Would you be interested in putting it in the main page?

Always! PM w/ direct link and I'll add it. Is it basically like the PS3 combo one? Just click on/off different layers?

Mithos

demosthenes said:
Mithos, this going to be fixed?
When I get hold of a better resolution spine from the US version, the one I used was to low res and looked way to pixelated when fitted to the bigger layout.

Dreweyes

IceDoesntHelp said:
Thanks, not nearly as good as your SotC/Ico cover though d:
Haha thanks, but I really do like yours. Not only is it way better than the official one, it speaks volumes about the game itself in a stylish yet minimalistic way! :D

So I had another idea for a Dark Souls cover art, so I had to take a quick stab at it!
What do you guys think?

RedSwirl

Spiffy_1st said:
Would anyone mind doing a Prince of Persia Trilogy cover? Ubisoft's attempt wasn't very good...

10239115-1287056382-786000.jpg

To be honest I kinda had to bullshit this one. This was by far the best art I could find that looks like it could represent all three games, but it was a bit too small so I had to stretch it... and flip it horizontally. As for the font, for one thing I couldn't find good logos for all three games. Secondly, I actually like what Disney did with the Helvetica logo for the POP movie, so I thought I'd do something more in-line with that.

In terms of other covers, I still need some help getting 3D templates to work with my Gamecube covers in CS2. I'm also still looking for a good Sin & Punishment 2 main logo.

Dreweyes said:
Haha thanks, but I really do like yours. Not only is it way better than the official one, it speaks volumes about the game itself in a stylish yet minimalistic way! :D

So I had another idea for a Dark Souls cover art, so I had to take a quick stab at it!
What do you guys think?

Well thank you once again :D
Splendid work yourself, I've never played any of the soul games, and not sure I'll ever get the chance. Love the "You Died" on the back.
RedSwirl said:
Looks great!

Just finished this one. Needed some more Gamecube love. I LOATHE the Gamecube on the spine on the first.
Spine:

No Spine:

Yes, it does say The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker in Hylian on the spine.

Top Bottom