• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Enhanced Games - Full List of Titles and Details

Hawk269

Very very nice! I would def jump in just for the SP alone then (since it's cheaper now).

How long is the SP campaign in TF2? I never picked up the game. Enjoyed the first, but had a lot going on when the second dropped and just never got around to getting it.

m23

How long is the SP campaign in TF2? I never picked up the game. Enjoyed the first, but had a lot going on when the second dropped and just never got around to getting it.

Took me about 4-5 hours. Fun game, campaign is overrated in my opinion though. Not to say it's bad by any stretch though.

neurophd

I am hoping Just Cause 3 gets a boost from the X. Performance complaints scared me away from this one, but I really want to play it!

FrankT

Exactly

Well the one thing that I think ppl are overlooking is that all of this is being done on unfinished dev kits that devs only have a month of experience with. They have lots of time to get more familiar with it and squeeze out as much performance as they can. So I think the final results could still surprise us.

This is a real difference maker. Let's see what happens when they have time to let things cook. Month nowhere near enough time to see real results.

Does it have a pro patch? What were the improvements?
It renders at dynamic 1440p, but it doesn't drop from that res very often.

Doesn't the PS4 Pro version uses a dynamic resolution capped at 1440p? 4K* would be a major jump from that resolution.

*Probably dynamic as well.
No "probably" about it, the dev specifically said it's dynamic 4K. The size of the gap between Pro and One X will depend on how often the new version drops below 4K. If that's rare, it would indeed be a big jump.

Was there a specific test for that? I mean, pixel counting is way harder than fps counting so such a statement should be made carefully.
Digital Foundry are the source. I'm sure this means they selected runs of play with high onscreen polycounts, extensive alpha effects, or other performance-intensive situations, and pixel counted frames from those sequences.

Obviously, we don't know how extensive their testing was. If you'd like to be conservative, simply assume Pro runs under 1440p frequently, and One X runs under 2160p frequently.

Bizzquik

Who's digging the Xbox One X name even more now? Shits grown on me hardcore.

I like it more than I did when it was announced, but there's a part of me now that wishes that Microsoft had embraced its Mountain Dew-tinged origins even more and called it the "Xbox One Xtreme."

It'd be corny as hell, but oddly fitting considering the over-the-top corporate pandering to youth that marked the debut of one of my favorite consoles.

I like it a lot actually. However, as another poster said, I fear for countless screwed up orders or gifts during the Holiday season when someone says they want the Xbox One X, and instead end up with the S.

"I think this is the better one. S stands for Super. Don't worry, I gamed a lot during the super NES days."

Playerunknown's Battleground (PUBG) according to the article below is 4K 60fps on Xbox One X.

Source: http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/...ttlegrounds-exclusivity-massive-win-microsoft
They've already removed the 60fps claim, and in fact the "4K later this year" is also probably wrong. PUBG will not be Xbox One X enhanced when it arrives first on Xbox Game Preview. It will only get enhancements when it's officially released across all platforms, which could happen next year.

I think the Forza Motorsports have been nearly locked if not totally locked 60fps since Forza 2.
Well, I remember that you could "force" frame-drops when using game bugs where cars reach ridiculously high speeds and then crash, making the game not run like it should which results in drops. But besides that, you can say that Forza is a locked 60 fps game.
The drops are short, but this Digital Foundry comparison with Forza 6 shows they do exist. "Locked" is not accurate for FM5 (though "nearly locked" is).

Exactly. There's a large gap in pixels shaded between 1800c and 2160c.

1800c uses ~2.88m pixels and fills in the rest. Whereas 2160c uses ~4.14m pixels and fills in the rest. For comparison a native 1080p image is ~2m pixels.
This is a misleading way to state what CBR does. In many ways it's more accurate to say that 1800c shades 5.76m pixels, just half of them were shaded a frame ago. This more properly describes both the benefits and drawbacks: pixel value accuracy across the image is much higher than with standard render/upscale of an identical number of same-frame pixels, but temporal artifacts and inaccuracies can be introduced.

Ah, didn't catch the c in 2160c. It's obvious that it is checkerboard when you zoom in on the 4K screens, the grass becomes blurry again.
You should not use the Gearnuke comparisons to draw any conclusions, they're very distorted. Both One X and Pro shots have been downsampled to a smaller size, and not one that's a low-integer ratio (they're 8/15ths). This means the tool used for resizing can have had a major effect on clarity, especially since they have different native resolutions to begin with. There's also JPEG compression involved--not terrible, but when looking for high-frequency detail that can get in the way.

I noticed Xbox.com now has a filter for Xbox One X Enhanced, but it only shows 11 titles, all of which are already on the list here.
Strange. If I hit the "Show More Games" button at the bottom I get to 38 in the main list (plus 4 featured up top).

catalog8zsoe.png

I wouldn't take this as too much gospel, though. As Microsoft explains elsewhere, this is all forms of 4K and not just native (witness ACO at the top), but it also includes a game which isn't any kind of 4K at all: ARK runs at 1080p.

Which isn't to say that the list is wholly suspect--8 of these games are already running native 4K on PS4 Pro, and 2 more are very likely. The more powerful One X shouldn't have any issue doing the same. But this isn't a source you'd want to rely on for 100% accuracy by any means.

Hawk269

Same with me. Oddly, was in a Gamestop when a few people came in asking if they were doing pre-orders for, as they called it "The X". I was there maybe for 30 min and I would say about 4 or 5 people came in asking for it and only one called it Xbox One X, the others called it "The X".

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Wow. Just wow. So he's saying a locked 60fps doesn't create a better experience? And only first party games get locked frame rates?

He's saying that to have a perfectly locked 60 fps takes other trade offs and in his opinion, their solution, "mostly 60 fps", is a better trade off.

To illustrate how much variance in what the game demands, from the pcars2 2 thread:
I don't think anybody is saying otherwise. But locked 60fps in a dynamic game like this is unrealistic with today's consoles.

For reference, in PC1, in daylight, with 32 cars I can hit 160fps. In rain, on Start, I hit 50-55. When I'm alone, it's mostly 60fps. I would call that a sweet spot. For locked 60fps I would be forced to turn so many things down and on clear conditions I would probably be hitting like 180-200fps. I don't think the tradeoff is worth it. Do you?

MilkyJoe

They've already removed the 60fps claim, and in fact the "4K later this year" is also probably wrong. PUBG will not be Xbox One X enhanced when it arrives first on Xbox Game Preview. It will only get enhancements when it's officially released across all platforms, which could happen next year.

The drops are short, but this Digital Foundry comparison with Forza 6 shows they do exist. "Locked" is not accurate for FM5 (though "nearly locked" is).

This is a misleading way to state what CBR does. In many ways it's more accurate to say that 1800c shades 5.76m pixels, just half of them were shaded a frame ago. This more properly describes both the benefits and drawbacks: pixel value accuracy across the image is much higher than with standard render/upscale of an identical number of same-frame pixels, but temporal artifacts and inaccuracies can be introduced.

You should not use the Gearnuke comparisons to draw any conclusions, they're very distorted. Both One X and Pro shots have been downsampled to a smaller size, and not one that's a low-integer ratio (they're 8/15ths). This means the tool used for resizing can have had a major effect on clarity, especially since they have different native resolutions to begin with. There's also JPEG compression involved--not terrible, but when looking for high-frequency detail that can get in the way.

Strange. If I hit the "Show More Games" button at the bottom I get to 38 in the main list (plus 4 featured up top).

catalog8zsoe.png

I wouldn't take this as too much gospel, though. As Microsoft explains elsewhere, this is all forms of 4K and not just native (witness ACO at the top), but it also includes a game which isn't any kind of 4K at all: ARK runs at 1080p.

Which isn't to say that the list is wholly suspect--8 of these games are already running native 4K on PS4 Pro, and 2 more are very likely. The more powerful One X shouldn't have any issue doing the same. But this isn't a source you'd want to rely on for 100% accuracy by any means.

DOOM is going 4K?????

m23

Regarding the Titanfall 2 Xbox One X update:

When it comes to X1X it means there are times it'll render at higher than 4K and then downsample to whatever resolution the X1X is outputting to. Its is truly glorious on a 4K display. This quote will come back to haunt me, I'm sure, but there were times on Wargames last time I was testing where it was rendering at ~3200p (6K?) internally. The internal render resolution is dictated by the GPU load, so obviously there are no guarantees as to how often it renders at particular resolutions, but essentially we're using 100% GPU all the time.

Wow.

You think Insomniac is gonna take time off working on Spiderman, to update Sunset Overdrive?

Ted Price did say that a large number, but not all, of their staff are on Spiderman...

Even if it's 200 people, that still leaves around 60 for other stuff.

Source: Kotaku Splitscreen Podcast interview.

m23

More devs need to do what Respawn are doing, the post launch support and now this patch is amazing.

Diablo 3 sounds like it might get something. At least the latest DLC announcement said some features are only available on the X. I think it was an additional gameplay element. Not sure if that means the whole game will be enhanced in any way.

Top Bottom