• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered available now standalone

Magwik

Banned
Timed Exclusive on PS4. I believe the listing for the XB1 version is 7/27
DDBa3FnXgAAkTTR

jesus christ

jacobs34

I enjoyed my time with the Remaster until they announced that they were going to charge for the DLC maps. I just can't get past that. I have not played the game since.

jelly

No DLC either, lol. Consumers never pushed back so no surprise it got to this point.

I played the 360 version last year and finally finished Veteran and Mile High Club achievements for 1000gs. Frustrating and fun experience. Got my fill.

The campaign does look nice but not paying more than 10 quid for that.

RoKKeR

Conflicted, as I really do want to replay the SP again. But at $40... you can get IW+MWR for a few bucks more on Amazon. (albeit physical, eh)

Shame to hear the MP has been ruined by MTX and paid DLC.

What's your criteria?

The singleplayer part of the remaster is absolutely one of the best.
Why, because it received a modest graphical bump? That's the minimum we should expect when a dev calls its game a 'remaster'. This generation began with a series of trash remasters that were basically just up-rezzings, so I can see how the few games that go above and beyond deserve recognition on some level, but the multiplayer maps being split up is just too much bullshit for me to bear. I don't give a shit about the microtransactions, frankly, but the fact that Activision is trying to sell me on a DLC pack I already bought 10 years ago is an insult. I don't want Activision setting precedents for selling 'remasters' piece-meal.

DDBa3FnXgAAkTTR

That's twice they've pulled an exclusivity period with this game.

It was first exclusive to PS4 when part of the Infinite Warfare bundle. It then went to Xbox and PC.

It's now once again an exclusive to PS4 game on a standalone basis. Weird decision, pay to keep it off other platforms twice

Are there dedicated servers with custom games available on pc?
Nope. Locked to 91 FPS in Multiplayer, matchmaking through playlists only, no mod support and DLC is obviously the same $15 as the console version.
That's twice they've pulled an exclusivity period with this game.

It was first exclusive to PS4 when part of the Infinite Warfare bundle. It then went to Xbox and PC.

It's now once again an exclusive to PS4 game on a standalone basis. Weird decision, pay to keep it off other platforms twice
Completely forgot about this too. Granted, it was SP only. If you pre-ordered the game, you got access to the Campaign on PS4 like 30 days early but Multiplayer was still locked (except for that time where they accidentally unlocked it for a few hours a week ahead of launch...)

ryseing

I actually thought the MP held up fairly well, than Activision ruined it with their BS. Never again.

Who am I kidding I'll be there day one for Black Ops Remastered

Conflicted, as I really do want to replay the SP again. But at $40... you can get IW+MWR for a few bucks more on Amazon. (albeit physical, eh)

Shame to hear the MP has been ruined by MTX and paid DLC.
Just play the SP of the original release again?? It's not like it's an unplayable mess on any system it's on (including PC) the game is $10, complete on PS3 PSN. And it's $10 on PC via Steam right now as well

HiiiLife

"It will never be available"

Maybe if they released this in the first quarter I would've bought. But with the WW2 beta coming soon I see no reason to support this, especially for 40 dollars and paid DLC lol. Plz.

Caayn

DDBa3FnXgAAkTTR
After the idiotic stunt they pulled with the time exclusive Zombie chronicles for BO3 last month this doesn't surprise me. It's sad that this doesn't surprise me. The fuck.

Rocketz

Like this should have been a slam dunk remaster that a lot of people were hungry for and Activision has gone out of their way to make it as unattractive as possible with everything they've done.

Back when they announced this I maybe wouldn't have minded $40, but now? After all the shit they've pulled with it? I think I'll wait for a deep discount.

The timed exclusivity doesn't actually matter on PC because the IW+MWR bundle is cheaper than 40 bucks on key sites already. Xbox gets screwed though.

decisions

lol the hate for this remaster is so ridiculously unwarranted. I've been playing MWR consistently recently and it's easily the best COD on the market in nearly every aspect. It's the best COD game with more unlocks and ranks to play for, and a pretty great graphical upgrade.

Nearly all of the loot box stuff is cosmetic, and so the new characters, weapon camos, kits, etc. just spice up the reward a good deal. The new guns are good, but they are not better than some of the base weapons so they really don't bother me at all.

The way they handled the map pack was total bullshit, won't defend that.

Meanwhile half of the people in this thread probably own Last of Us Remastered, Uncharted Collection, MCC, etc., all of which were priced $40-60 and don't offer nearly as much as this remaster does. It is really a great remaster, some who put 30d into COD4 in its heyday, there were some things I would've done differently, but overall it's pretty great.

The_Dama

I glad I didn't buy IW, if I did, it would have been just for CoD:MW. Still not getting it at $40.
$15 is my final price .

Daffy Duck

lol the hate for this remaster is so ridiculously unwarranted. I've been playing MWR consistently recently and it's easily the best COD on the market in nearly every aspect. It's the best COD game with more unlocks and ranks to play for, and a pretty great graphical upgrade.

Nearly all of the loot box stuff is cosmetic, and so the new characters, weapon camos, kits, etc. just spice up the reward a good deal. The new guns are good, but they are not better than some of the base weapons so they really don't bother me at all.

The way they handled the map pack was total bullshit, won't defend that.

Meanwhile half of the people in this thread probably own Last of Us Remastered, Uncharted Collection, MCC, etc., all of which were priced $40-60 and don't offer nearly as much as this remaster does. It is really a great remaster, some who put 30d into COD4 in its heyday, there were some things I would've done differently, but overall it's pretty great.

And all of that is negated by the simple fact they lied to us fans that it would be the game we remember.

And not just on one occasion, remember the time Drift0r spoke to a dev and did a video saying he was told the lootboxes were only going to be cosmetic only? Well about that.....

TLOU Remastered is basically an up-rez with a better framerate, but its multiplayer isn't choopped up.
Uncharted Collection includes three full games, any one of which is twice the length of MW's campaign. It also improves their controls and doubles their framerates.

MCC is fucking broken. With that said, I challenge you to convince me or anyone else that MCC, by your words, "doesn't offer nearly as much" as MW: Remastered does.

Top Bottom