• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat 2 [Mafia] |OT| Electric Boogalove

Ty4on

Like I said, I agree. So that's not even the issue. Reading Sophia's post below, I know what it is now, it's the discrepancy between how high volume shit post you are/were and how much you suddenly went in on this. Which isn't as bad since you have to move to real play eventually but it still bothered me.
You'll see a long time gap between those stretches of posts. Do you think there were scummy intentions to that change?

Sophia

Not really. Plenty of chats where some players barely interact. I remember a certain bussing because someone didn't show up~

Popmafia D1 lynch

And fair point to love boat 1. I shouldn't have said never, I should have more said that I doubt it's actually indicitive of alignment.

Yeah, after seeing the Retroid example, I'm starting to lean more non-alignment indicative. At least I can take solace in knowing my memory of Love Boat 1 isn't failing me!

Also Ty maybe I misworded it wrong, but I was saying that it'd be weird for scum chat to be inactive, but not so weird for the love boats to be inactive.

I've barely shitposted tho ._.

Are you seriously going to say that knowing full well the notes I take? :D

COULD SOMEONE WAKE UP SORIAN
Yes

No
Yes
Not really
Maybe
no pre-typed opening

eww
but when he's awake...
Inb4 Sophia and Crimson's boat is the only one with pregame discussions
Hmm.

Describe your relationship. Is it strained?
I rate Sorian's post 8 Sorians out of 10
you ruined your joke

It's like 1/3rd of your posts since the game started. :p

Ty4on

They're only mildly shitty :/

They actually serve some weird purpose:
Sorian is not here with a pre-typed post,
I want his pre-typed post
Actually I kinda read it that way, it's not a full on joke
Nothing pre-typed, Fat is Sorian's partner after all
Love kingkitty lol. This one is kinda bad tho, not useful and not very shitposting :(
eh, maybe
I wanted to get a picture of how their chat, if used, had functioned. Regular questions are boring
To be fair he's acting quite Sorian
Top of the page o/
He posted it after Kark *shrug*

Sorian

Banned
You'll see a long time gap between those stretches of posts. Do you think there were scummy intentions to that change?

I read all the posts together as one since I woke up so late and the game has only been going for 5 hours. There really isn't a long time gap to be had.

They're only mildly shitty :/

They actually serve some weird purpose:

I feel like I should be seeing something here but I'm not sure what you are going for.

Ty4on

I read all the posts together as one since I woke up so late and the game has only been going for 5 hours. There really isn't a long time gap to be had.
Gap is much earlier (from #133 to #186) so it doesn't quite hold up. Thought I started with it earlier.

Still tho during that break I thought about taking a slightly slower approach; looking more into players versus the start where my main focus was starting discussion.

Dr. Worm

Banned
I've barely shitposted tho ._.

Shitposting is love, shitposting is life

WsVdlFh.gif

Honestly at the moment the only one who really stands out to me is Sophia. Her insistence on me for whatever reason and then how she backed off when it wasn't getting any traction is weird. Sophia plays her cards much more closely to her chest to let something that obvious happen normally so it's kind of weird and noteworthy to me

DAY 1 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

CrimsonFist & Sophia (2)
Ourobolus 115
WhereAreMahDragonz 132 156
kingkitty 265

Ourobolus & kingkitty (2)
WhereAreMahDragonz 156
flatearthpandas 174 176
Sorian 194

franconp & Dr. Worm (2)
Dr. Worm 136
Muffin1611 178

Verelios & WhereAreMahDragonz (1)
flatearthpandas 176

Fat4all & Sorian (1)
CrimsonFist 175

Trigger & Ty4on (0): CrimsonFist 71 175

TheExodu5 & Fireblend (0): Dr. Worm 94 136

No active vote for Day 1: Darryl, Fat4all, Fireblend, franconp, Karkador, kitsunelaine, Natiko, nin1000, Nomadic Sparks, Orb, Royal_Flush, Samuraischnecke, SexyFish, Sophia, StarSketch, TheExodu5, TheWorthyEdge, Trigger, TsuXna, Ty4on, Verelios, Xbro

Day 1 Postcount: CrimsonFist 16, Darryl 1, Dr. Worm 11, Fat4all 12, Fireblend 5, flatearthpandas 2, franconp 8, Karkador 1, kingkitty 3, kitsunelaine 1, Muffin1611 15, Natiko 8, nin1000 2, Nomadic Sparks 18, Orb 0, Ourobolus 24, Royal_Flush 2, Samuraischnecke 9, SexyFish 1, Sophia 19, Sorian 14, StarSketch 2, TheExodu5 0, TheWorthyEdge 0, Trigger 0, TsuXna 0, Ty4on 39, Verelios 11, WhereAreMahDragonz 21, Xbro 0

Day 1 ends:
bla_1501959600.png

16 votes for majority

Sophia

On mobile at the moment, but if I understand Fran correctly then I agree with him. Posts that are just checking in or saying hello don't have any real merit right now. I'm interested in hearing actual stuff from these people.

Seriously though, for me it's hard to read anyone at all. It's like trying to hold sand in your hands. There's not much solid yet on D1.

I made three posts in a row because my brain likes the edit button which I haven't unlearned yet. And I'm actively replying to you. If I'm trying to fly under the radar, I'm being spectacularly bad about it.

It's not even that. You're making posts about not wanting to become a target, which tells me you're trying to hide, but you're also making an effort to post and respond to me now that you've got heat. To me it just feels like you're trying to be helpful and are now trying to go back on your previous statement regarding coasting by actively communicating.

Ty4on

I made three posts in a row because my brain likes the edit button which I haven't unlearned yet. And I'm actively replying to you. If I'm trying to fly under the radar, I'm being spectacularly bad about it.
Don't worry. A few games later and you'll wish you could triple post in every thread.

Sophia

It's not even that. You're making posts about not wanting to become a target, which tells me you're trying to hide, but you're also making an effort to post and respond to me now that you've got heat. To me it just feels like you're trying to be helpful and are now trying to go back on your previous statement regarding coasting by actively communicating.

*blinks*

I have no idea what WMAD is talking about regarding kitsunelaine here. Did I miss something?

Ty4on

You haven't seen townies that tried to avoid pressure by doing stuff like that?

If she'd really wanted to hide she wouldn't even mention the vote.

I don't understand this thought process. I still haven't made a statement on anyone but myself and only because I was prompted, how is this going back on any statement of mine? Explain the logic here, please.

Plus, isn't not wanting to be a target in mafia a goal for everyone? Especially townies? I was being self deprecating about my performance in my earlier game.

Natiko

Banned
Plus, isn't not wanting to be a target in mafia a goal for everyone? Especially townies? I was being self deprecating about my performance in my earlier game.
Not necessarily. For a town PR or a scum player maybe. As a vanilla town getting attention enough to be night killed is generally a success for you.

franconp

Not really. The goal is to lynch all the scum. It's actually a bad and selfish playstyle to play with preservation as your goal.

Not really. The goal is to lynch all the scum. It's actually a bad and selfish playstyle to play with preservation as your goal.

But it wouldn't work with my self depreciation to phrase it any other way. Either way... It seems like a silly nitpick over phrasing to me.

Not necessarily. For a town PR or a scum player maybe. As a vanilla town getting attention enough to be night killed is generally a success for you.

Well, night killed, yeah. But I was talking about turning the town on me and getting lynched, which I risked in my earlier game because it was my first time playing forum mafia. And the joke is I learned from it. But joking about learning from something only to inflict the something you were supposed to be learning from is the very definition of irony.

Sophia

Honestly at the moment the only one who really stands out to me is Sophia. Her insistence on me for whatever reason and then how she backed off when it wasn't getting any traction is weird. Sophia plays her cards much more closely to her chest to let something that obvious happen normally so it's kind of weird and noteworthy to me

Something about this sentence bothers me, and I can't place my finger on it.

Natiko

Banned
Well, night killed, yeah. But I was talking about turning the town on me and getting lynched, which I risked in my earlier game because it was my first time playing forum mafia. And the joke is I learned from it. But joking about learning from something only to inflict the something you were supposed to be learning from is the very definition of irony.
I think the same logic applies. Unless you're scum or a PR that you deem vital you shouldn't be overly paranoid about how you're viewed. Even as a town PR it shouldn't be a huge thought. Scum are the ones that mainly worry about appearances.

I think the same logic applies. Unless you're scum or a PR that you deem vital you shouldn't be overly paranoid about how you're viewed. Even as a town PR it shouldn't be a huge thought. Scum are the ones that mainly worry about appearances.

I'm still thinking about my last game where I was town and was lynched after a night of almost getting lynched. So, that might provide context as to my frame of mind regarding my performance this go around.

franconp

But it wouldn't work with my self depreciation to phrase it any other way. Either way... It seems like a silly nitpick over phrasing to me.

It's funny that you are bothered about nitpicking posts after playing Just Mafia.

It's all we have right now. And sometimes it works.

Fat4all

Banned
I'm still thinking about my last game where I was town and was lynched after a night of almost getting lynched. So, that might provide context as to my frame of mind regarding my performance this go around.

a touch of self preservation is a good thing for anyone, but you gotta know that your death could be for the greater good of the town

a mislynch can still tell us things, depending on the interactions you had with others. it could lead to hunting scum, or protecting power roles, or whatever

also remember, town won Just Mafia

Sophia

I didn't think there was much to what kitsunelaine said originally, which is why I found it odd that WMADZ nitpicked at it so much.

It's funny that you are bothered about nitpicking posts after playing Just Mafia.

It's all we have right now. And sometimes it works.

Yeah, I agree. You do you, I suppose. But this is why I said it was hard for me to read anyone, and why I haven't dropped a vote yet despite being miffed at the picking apart of word choices.

Ty4on

But remind me again of how much Verelios and Dragonz have added to the game so far? Especially miss "I'm more interested in writing my terrible Game of Thrones fanfiction than actually playing the game" :p
I'd rank them kind of high tbh

Not much to go on, no super townie posts or anything, but they've held a decent tone and don't seem like they've gone into the thread with an agenda.

Sophia

I'd rank them kind of high tbh

Not much to go on, no super townie posts or anything, but they've held a decent tone and don't seem like they've gone into the thread with an agenda.

There's been some more material since that post, which makes me feel better about them. I'm leaning neutral on them again.

Top Bottom