• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT4| Gacha Crystals, Gacha Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
It's kinda insane to me that Lightning is being cast as useless now, only months after seriously gigantic meltdowns about people not getting to pull her. Just kinda lolol here.

EDarkness

Nah, D. Fina > Exdeath. You need to take another look her skills. Also do you have any caster TM's ready for her. My Emp is at a measly 646 atk, I've seen some D. Fina's break the 900 mag barrier and I can't wait for my Emp to do that one day. Her and Ex share some skills but her kit is better overall and offers more. I used to run an all melee dps team but as you can see from the past events you need at least one caster so I benched a phys dps for Emp.

In terms of Lightning vs Luneth, Luneth does more non element dps while Lightning has a wide array of elemental coverage. All depends on the fight and the rest of your team comp.

I guess I'll have to look at her again. I can't get her MAG up that high and I think Exdeath is higher than hers and she's using two earrings. I don't have any caster TMRs anyone can use so I'm stuck with 10% MAG and earrings at the moment. She still ends up losing to Exdeath so I've been using him mostly. Their big moves cost so much MP that they're not worth using in my opinion. So I pretty much look at who can use what base elemental spells and roll with that. Would be nice to get at least one of them to 500+ MAG. How anyone gets up to 600 or more I have no idea.

Pachimari

Luneth is very good

innate resistances, free dual weild and brute force

hes a chain finisher and cut through is one of the easiest and most powerful chain finishers available

Yeah Olive and Noctis will eat those coveted slots of course

Doesnt make Luneth any less good.

Oh shit, have I been doing chains all wrong all this time... I just randomly set them to attack and chain that way, never thought about specific finishers.

Also, if I want megacites and magicites, the Phantom Forest is the place to go?

It's kinda insane to me that Lightning is being cast as useless now, only months after seriously gigantic meltdowns about people not getting to pull her. Just kinda lolol here.

welcometoneogaf.gif

Seriously though, it's all about the power creep. She doesn't have any innate masteries/passives like Greg, Noct, etc. She's not and never will be a "bad" unit but she's being out classed by newer units more and more. Shit, I'm feeling the power creep, I remember when my Lightning used to be a top carry around here lol. Then I got Noct and he's a top carry and now he's getting out shined by 1100+ Olives around here. Dem feels!

I guess I'll have to look at her again. I can't get her MAG up that high and I think Exdeath is higher than hers and she's using two earrings. I don't have any caster TMRs anyone can use so I'm stuck with 10% MAG and earrings at the moment. She still ends up losing to Exdeath so I've been using him mostly. Their big moves cost so much MP that they're not worth using in my opinion. So I pretty much look at who can use what base elemental spells and roll with that. Would be nice to get at least one of them to 500+ MAG. How anyone gets up to 600 or more I have no idea.

I get ya.

Celegus

Such is power creep, but I never cared about her on either of her banners. Was more interested in Ludmille and Snow, who I did manage to get.

Ken

Raitoningu was such a zzz character that I don't care about getting her in this game, SS tier or not.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Doesnt make Luneth any less good.

This, the troll whining reeks of the Reddit, "It's not Orlandu, it's shit". Because you have either spent money to acquire better units, insane luck to continually pull, or on the JPN schedule. Better start saving those Agrias boys! 6 mo months! Lightning and Luneth still are great characters that have yet really hit a wall in content. The only difference is Noctis basically blasted that fucking wall through and no one else has competed since. The useless 6*(And I'm using that term pretty harshly), but Delita, Ramza, and DKC are the junk ones. Yet all have pretty great TMs.

Hopefully it stays out of all guides though.

eggydoo

I have Dark Fina and prefer her over Exdeath. She has elements that rarely other good mages have. She was perfect for the secret of mana event. The counter is clutch, has an ability to inflict random status, and innate resistance to silence, petrify, and paralyze.

Mine is at 569 MAG with omnirod/earrings. I could prob get her higher if I dual-wielded her.

Celegus

Raitoningu was such a zzz character that I don't care about getting her in this game, SS tier or not.
Pretty much! Noel Caius and Snow were all waaaaay cooler than her, and that's just from her own series.

I just remembered about Genesis from Crisis Core if/when they get around to that. He was a pretty crappy character, but if I can have waifu supreme Gackt in my party...

Whizkid7

I'm still pretty stunned that I ended up D. Fina when she released. That was fun times. I need more TMs for her though.

Also this Player's Choice thing is gonna make me salty all over again. The last one I never got a single Chizzy and like 50 CoDs. If Noctis ends up on it (which he probably will, let's be honest) I'm gonna be sorely tempted, even after the bruising I took rolling for him on his release.

Xion86

This :) I said this before how there will always be better units as the game goes on, you might be unlucky now but it's okay, later on down the line someone will replace that characters role. Trials and events might just be tough until then.

(But I WILL and MUST pull Cloud :()

Oh a side note, just met X-Death for the first time in Final Fantasy V :eek:

Alkez

Despite not having Noctis Dark Fina is my most wanted 5* base until Eileen drops (not including potential global exclusives ofc).

More helpful then mine. All I wanted to do was a Simpsons Thread, because I was rewatching them at the time.

I liked yours, that's why I wanted to add a bit of comedy to mine as well.

Looks much better! Great job!

Thanks man. I added your suggestion of putting in a "disclaimer". Was a good idea.

Really great edit (I didn't get banned) :D

Thanks :) damn it, people kept talking about this curse on page 1 so I assumed it to be true lol.

Alkez

No. You comfortably want 2 for sure. Getting 3 can be helpful for some situations but 4-5 is kinda overkill and unnecessary.

I'm going for 4, but 2 are for mages because I'm too lazy to swap gear between units lol.

Well shit, how about that friends. Just bought the man-eater materia...

Didn't think I'd have enough even after all those pulls today. Guess I miscounted.

EDarkness

I have Dark Fina and prefer her over Exdeath. She has elements that rarely other good mages have. She was perfect for the secret of mana event. The counter is clutch, has an ability to inflict random status, and innate resistance to silence, petrify, and paralyze.

Mine is at 569 MAG with omnirod/earrings. I could prob get her higher if I dual-wielded her.

I don't have the Omnirod or anything like that. I'm currently using the Empress Birch (whip) with earrings and MAG +10%. Can't get her to crack 500 MAG. Not sure what you guys are doing to get that high, but that's pretty impressive. Either way, Exdeath wins out until I can get some better stuff for her. The sad part is that Exdeath is only using on earring. I'll have to see what he looks like with two.

Not gonna waste dual wield on a caster, though.

across

Currently TM-levelling 5 Zidanes.

Is it worth having Dual Wield for every party member?

I'm going to say 'no' here. 2 is the sweet spot (two primary physical characters), 3 is a decent QoL/power boost for throwing two rods on your caster or letting a spare unit have DW on your Arena team without having to mess around reassigning abilities.

Consider what Dual Wield does - increases your potential damage per round. What content exists in this game that is difficult enough to justify 5 Dual Wielders that isn't a trial? If you're doing a trial, are you not bringing a tank, a healer, or a dedicated support? Putting DW on any of those units is a waste (no, the marginal healing gain from a second staff on Refia is not worth putting DW on her).

The only time I can see 4-5 DWs being useful - as in, not complete brainless overkill for exploration/mogking events - is if your 5* base roster is such that you can literally alpha strike a trial boss or exploration boss in one round with the power increase from 5 DWing DPS units. Rock on if you're in that situation, I guess. But for the peasantry I don't think it's worth it.

Good lord, with the SQ bonus and having so many tickets built up well before the banner I'm saving lapis for, I decided to just pull with tickets until I got two Shines for Noctis. It took 40 damn tickets.... Only other unit of consequence was my first Firion but don't think I'd swap CoD out for him so he'll just sit on the shelf. The RNG is truly atrocious but I've never had much luck with any but 10+1 pulls I suppose. Kicked Locke and Ceris from the TM team for now to get the two shines in. Man I can't wait until these two bracers and two Quick Assaults are done! Noctis will truly become a beast :D Maybe I'm trying to make myself fee better but I suppose 40 tickets is worth a 60% ATK and 20% dodge increase haha I also finally got around to getting Cecil to max level. I'll probably wait and see if FB is effective for the new event bosses and then I'll probably swap between WoL and Cecil based on needing FB or not until WoL gets his 6*.

So OT, but I changed my mind on the Switch. The Zelda hype got to me. Gonna go out Friday morning and see if I can find one. Most of the stores around where I live aren't doing midnight releases so here is to hoping. Not expecting to get one, but you never know.
The hype is about to claim me, at least for Zelda. May pick it up on Wii U.

I'm holding off on Switch for a year or two.

bonkeng

Good lord, why is there a debate about Lightning and Luneth being trolls now.

Both are still perfectly viable. Unlike Delita.

And Ace.
images

Muku

Good lord, why is there a debate about Lightning and Luneth being trolls now.

Both are still perfectly viable. Unlike Delita.

And Ace.
images

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE.

In all honesty, he's not my first choice to come out of a Rainbow, but I wouldn't be mad either. (Well maybe, because I'd rather Lightning, Noctis, Olive, or something.) I have him capped on my alt and I kinda like him, strangely enough.

Also, willing to give all the outcast Lightnings homes. PST.

People just need to understand that troll rainbows are going to be a relative experience. Hyperbole? perhaps, but this is totally a case of one man's trash is another man's treasure. If you already have one or two of a particular 5* base and they don't have a useful TM or you already have all you need of it, that unit is worthless to you and so one cites it as a troll even if the unit is great. If someone has a Dark Fina, they aren't likely to be as excited about getting an Ace as someone lacking in a good mage. We have a theme here, the feeling that a unit isn't useful to them is causing people to cite it as being a troll crystal. I personally think that's too extreme and although I'd be disappointed in these circumstances, I would remember how difficult it is to get a rainbow at all and being that it's a 5* base no matter what now, I wouldn't get mad about it. Wish it was something I coveted more? sure, but not consider it a troll.

Then you have the final category, a legit troll offering due to being hot trash
sorry, Delita. This means you!

I want a Brave Suit something fierce. There's black belt gi and Brave Suit with nothing viable in between for Noctis. Being confined to clothes hurts for a DPS :|

Celegus

Ohhhh I just figured it out. Kept wondering why Trey and Cinque didn't seem to fit with the rest of the Type-0 names deck of cards motif. I guess they're 3 and 5, tres and cinco in spanish. Never played the game to know anything about why they're named that way though.

Sooooooo when you do an 11 pull for more Shine's but you get a Shine and some chick named after a restaurant. Thanks for nothing Gumi!!!!

There goes my Orlandu luck!

EDarkness

I just hear troll rainbow as "Unit I didn't want" of course you want a Greg over light, but it doesn't make her a troll.

Well, if you want Gilgamesh over Lightning and you get Lightning, then I can see why someone might call that a troll even if they don't have Lightning. I always got the feeling that it's always about optimal units over filler. As bad as it sounds, I get the feeling that Lightning is "filler" now. Especially with units like Olive and Noctis in her bracket. Same with Luneth. Yeah, we shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth if we get either of these units, but in the back of our minds we have to be thinking that it would have been better to get a different unit. Yeah, I know Luneth is still not too bad, but I didn't feel super stoked when I got him. Not when I could have gotten Olive. I hope that makes sense.

I really would have liked to get Olive over Luneth. As of now, he's just warming the bench and that kinda doesn't seem right.

eggydoo

I don't have the Omnirod or anything like that. I'm currently using the Empress Birch (whip) with earrings and MAG +10%. Can't get her to crack 500 MAG. Not sure what you guys are doing to get that high, but that's pretty impressive. Either way, Exdeath wins out until I can get some better stuff for her. The sad part is that Exdeath is only using on earring. I'll have to see what he looks like with two.

Not gonna waste dual wield on a caster, though.

Don't forget about the wizard rod from surging menace. +72 mag and it's not too difficult with a guide and OP gaf friends.

Prototype

Daily was 3rd Sherra. Lol. The TM is nice for a newer player, but at the same time, as a newer player, there's other TMs I need to be working on. So it's this kind of catch 22 type situation. I just don't see when I'll get around to getting it. Maybe if I get enough of them I'll fuse them altogether for one copy of it.

Also cleaned up a bunch of requests and added a couple of you. I'm a newer player and only can offer Noctis and Cecil but both have no TMs or good equipment really lol, but if you want my # is 367, 125, 878

So far I've really been enjoying DrRobs Elza, Xions Noctis, RixGaf DKC, among others. Been a huge help so far. Thanks guys!!

Muku

Ohhhh I just figured it out. Kept wondering why Trey and Cinque didn't seem to fit with the rest of the Type-0 names deck of cards motif. I guess they're 3 and 5, tres and cinco in spanish. Never played the game to know anything about why they're named that way though.

From my understanding, it's not based off that. That they both mean 3 and 5 respectively when it comes to cards in English. (Die too, I believe?)

In all honesty, I'd never heard EITHER term used for three or five until now. So... I'm just assuming they're rarely used. Or maybe just isn't used where I grew up? Not sure.

Visceir

Daily was 3rd Sherra. Lol. The TM is nice for a newer player, but at the same time, as a newer player, there's other TMs I need to be working on. So it's this kind of catch 22 type situation. I just don't see when I'll get around to getting it. Maybe if I get enough of them I'll fuse them altogether for one copy of it.

Also cleaned up a bunch of requests and added a couple of you. I'm a newer player and only can offer Noctis and Cecil but both have no TMs or good equipment really lol, but if you want my # is 367, 125, 878

So far I've really been enjoying DrRobs Elza, Xions Noctis, RixGaf DKC, among others. Been a huge help so far. Thanks guys!!

The upcoming FF XIV raid has a 3* unit with a +10% hp/atk TM, you can get the unit via event currency pulls. You should be easily be able to grab 5+ of his TMs through dupes. Shera's so isn't worth the time and effort it takes to farm a TM.

As for DW -- On JP 3 has been the sweet spot for me with occasional times where I do wish I had a 4th. 2 for chainers+1 for a finisher.

tuffymon

I did it! Five people in line... Five for sale >.>; I guess living in the middle of nowhere has it's advantage once in awhile...

It was a close fight, but , Zera, our Nocti kicked the ELT Captain's butt! :D

Super fun battle. I used Olive friends at first and ran through the stage super easy by spamming her LB and making use of her auto-attack on T3. Then I got to the boss and the bombs killed me every time on T1, lol. So, I then switched to the team above and went through the grunts via DC Gravija + Thundaga on one EXD and DC Thundagas on the other. Tent before the boss then GO TIME.

The above strat + Dual Flasks allowed me to 1TKO bombs and 2TKO the guard adds. Chaining DC Thundagas w/ 2x Thunder Flasks did consistent damage throughout and 2x Armiger provided a MASSIVE burst (used it after all the adds were gone). I nearly messed up using DC Meteors with the Armigers, which was a big drain on my MP. However, I had JUST enough to win (I added another challenge layer by restricting my item usage to only the one Tent, so no MP items).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom