• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: AMD DirectX 11 Card Performances, Prices Revealed, Surprisingly Affordable

zoku88

SamBishop said:
Unfortunately, when the alternative is my cutting edge X3100 option as an embedded graphics chip, some of us might still be a bit jealous that you can play, uh, anything. Jerks and your fancy battery-sucking, huge-screen, hi-res-supporting awesomefunfests...

I'm just jealous.
I... actually can't play much of anything. :lol That's the problem with it :p

Dennis

Banned
UT66 said:
My $85 4770 laughs at this news. Hell my 9800GT and even the 8600GTS sit here unused and laugh at this fuking news. BASICALLY...

FUCK YOU ATI. FUCK YOU NVIDIA. FUCK YOU AMD. AND FUCK YOUR ASS INTEL. OH AND MICROSOFT. FUCK YOU TOO, YOU STUPID FUCKS. LET ME ASK YOU THIS...

Where the hell is my KZ2 caliber game, exclusive for the PC? MY GT5 CALIBER GAME? AH?

Crysis? Fuck that. YES, It was funny game for like a few days, but basically that's just throwing shit at my PC, so you FUCKS can justify selling your ridiculous hardware. That doesn't strike me as a good, intelligent, and honest effort. That's not efficient. That doesn't wow me. KZ2 does. GT5 does ( For the record, im no ps3 fan) And those games are running on a super piece of shit notebook gpu from 2005!!

So enougth of this bullshit. ENOUGH! YOU WANT ME TO BUY YOUR STUPID HARDWARE? WOW ME. USE WHAT I HAVE FOR A FUKING CHANGE. PUT SOME FUCKING EFFORT ON IT. HIGHER ANTI ALIASING AND HIGER RESOLUTION IS NOT GOING TO CUT IT ANYMORE. IM NOT ASKING FOR MUCH. 720P AND 30FPS IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME.
JUST TAKE WHATS LEFT AND SQUEEZE REALLY HARD. YOU KNOW? LIKE YOU FUCKS DO WITH THE CONSOLES. UNTIL THEN, FUCK YOU.

No_Style

While I find UT66's post to be hilarious, I do agree with him.

Still, this news of affordable pricing fits well with my new PC for SC2 plans. I pretty much nailed down the processor (Core i7 or i5), but it's the GPU which I have a difficult time confirming. Looks like it'll be an AMD/ATI card, but NVIDIA could come back with something fierce as well. Hmm...

Cheeto

UT66 said:
My $85 4770 laughs at this news. Hell my 9800GT and even the 8600GTS sit here unused and laugh at this fuking news. BASICALLY...

FUCK YOU ATI. FUCK YOU NVIDIA. FUCK YOU AMD. AND FUCK YOUR ASS INTEL. OH AND MICROSOFT. FUCK YOU TOO, YOU STUPID FUCKS. LET ME ASK YOU THIS...

Where the hell is my KZ2 caliber game, exclusive for the PC? MY GT5 CALIBER GAME? AH?

Crysis? Fuck that. YES, It was funny game for like a few days, but basically that's just throwing shit at my PC, so you FUCKS can justify selling your ridiculous hardware. That doesn't strike me as a good, intelligent, and honest effort. That's not efficient. That doesn't wow me. KZ2 does. GT5 does ( For the record, im no ps3 fan) And those games are running on a super piece of shit notebook gpu from 2005!!

So enougth of this bullshit. ENOUGH! YOU WANT ME TO BUY YOUR STUPID HARDWARE? WOW ME. USE WHAT I HAVE FOR A FUKING CHANGE. PUT SOME FUCKING EFFORT ON IT. HIGHER ANTI ALIASING AND HIGER RESOLUTION IS NOT GOING TO CUT IT ANYMORE. IM NOT ASKING FOR MUCH. 720P AND 30FPS IS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME.
JUST TAKE WHATS LEFT AND SQUEEZE REALLY HARD. YOU KNOW? LIKE YOU FUCKS DO WITH THE CONSOLES. UNTIL THEN, FUCK YOU.
Excellent

senahorse

UT66 said:

emperor.jpg

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
The 5870 is surprisingly cheap if it is supposed to be the equivalent of 4870. I will probably get one day one at that price assuming actual performance shows quite a jump from the 4870.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
UT66 said:

ATI and Nvidia make games?

UT66

Banned
mike0513 said:
:lol *walks over and hugs* It will be okay my son, it will be alright

Thank you Mike.... I tell you, buddy... I'd be the luckiest man alive if that did it for me.
Edit, yes my English is shit, live with it - or not-

Gwanatu T

Great news! I really hope DX11 turns out better than DX10 did. I had my hopes for DX10 since it's inception and it just really never panned out very well.

JudgeN

So the 5870 comes with 2GB of ram? FUCKING SWEET, companies are finally starting to realize that 512 is not enough VRAM.

But I think i'm wait for Nvidia to come out, for some reason games have a real problem with ATI architecture, and I see this trend continuing.

UT66 said:

M-m-m-m-m-m-m-meeeeeeeeeeeeeeltdown!

Doytch

UT66 said:
yes, and DirectX 10.1 changed the landscape of the pc gaming industry forever.

The fact you know that a DX 10.1 exists means you know what a stupid comparison it is to make to DX11. Hell, DX10 is a stupid comparison since it was sent to die :)lol) by MS with Vista. W7 will do better than Vista, and that will spur adoption of DX11.

ati drivers suck, i have three games that need hot fixes one of those games might not get fixed till next patch release in three fucking months. Company of heroes on 4890 needed me to download a hotfix so it doesn't crash to desktop, ps it still does, anon 1404 has black ground textures, and team fortress 2 has this weird character lighting issue where every one of the characters have this bizarrely bright light map.

i've only own the card for a week and i'm pissed at it for failing to play games properly, ati has great hardware engineers but there software engineers need to step up with monthly patches and preemptive compatibility fixes for games like nvidia does.

UT66 said:

2v93uqp.gif

Ogs

Wasnt a fan of ATI's drivers either. I got a 4870 around the time they came out, loaded up Crysis Warhead, same settings as my previous Nvidia card (High), and it stuttered like a mother fucker, better frame rate sure, but stuttered like a real cunt. 2 months later, the drivers fix it, but its annoying to think Nvidia had this shit locked down ages ago and only now ATI are up to speed. GTA4 also always ran terribly, whereas my 8800GTS 512 ran it absolutely smooth as butter, doesnt make any sense.

If ATI get there drivers upto speed, then they would rock my world, but Nvidia just seem way ahead from my experiences (although atm im having a real fucking problem with there drivers after v182.50, Crysis, Warhead and Wars will all crash at some random point for some unknown reason).

his amount of disgust is ridiculous but he has a point... are people really buying new hardware and if so to play what? my 8800s play crysis just great, i play fallout 3 in 2560x1600, and im sure it will play Rage and the next Doom just fine as well... there really isnt any software on the horizon that justifies upgrading hardware

Ceebs

I have been using ATI cards for ages now and have never really had the driver issues some people have. Then again I wait for price drops on 90% of what I buy, so there is time for patches and the such.

Mashing

Something tells me UT66's post is going to become a meme on this forum such as "OMG, WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES" and "So and so and shot themselves in the foot".

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
tigeroreilly said:
his amount of disgust is ridiculous but he has a point... are people really buying new hardware and if so to play what? my 8800s play crysis just great, i play fallout 3 in 2560x1600, and im sure it will play Rage and the next Doom just fine as well... there really isnt any software on the horizon that justifies upgrading hardware

I find this very hard to believe unless your running at like low settings.

There is always a reason for upgrading, it just seems some people can live with medium settings with little to no AA and at small res.

TheExodu5

Banned
UT66 said:

Console peasant.

UT66 said:

Lets be friends.

tigeroreilly said:
Do us a favor and run FRAPS for us next time you play Fallout 3.

jett

D-Member
UT66 may be insane, but truthfully, what do we need these cards for? Current high-end cards run just about everything in 1080p at 60fps.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
My 4870 is chugging along just fine, cant see the point in upgrading at the moment.

Ogs

jett said:
UT66 may be insane, but truthfully, what do we need these cards for? Current high-end cards run just about everything in 1080p at 60fps.

More solid 60 FPS, AA/AF etc, and of course Crysis (when this is playable at 60 FPS 1080p, bricks will be shat).

But yeah, after this next generation of cards, i guess its gonna be damn difficult to justify getting one (unless of course Nvidia/AMD/Intel start making some damn games, Intel i beleive are ?).

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
UT66 isn't insane, he's sadly correct :| Bleeding edge PC development has scaled way back, or so it seems. I figured we'd be well ahead of where we are now.

tak

UT66 said:

yes!

gofreak said:
UT66 isn't insane, he's sadly correct :| Bleeding edge PC development has scaled way back, or so it seems. I figured we'd be well ahead of where we are now.

And yet high end video cards are 1/2 the price they used to be when cutting edge PC development was in full swing.

Affordable performance over expensive dick wagging every day for me.

If benchmarks are good I might jump on one for my upcoming build (I'm waiting for core i5 and these cards to come out before I pull the trigger). But if the difference isn't too big I'm actually just hoping that this releases pushed down the prices on a 4890. That way I can use that for a few years and then grab a DX11 card when there are finally games around to really push it.

FireFly

tigeroreilly said:
What resolution and settings are you running Crysis at? 1920x1200 at Very High/Enthusiast still pretty much cripples anything.

JudgeN

jett said:

But they don't run them at locked 60 FPS, so we need alittle bit more power. My HD 4870 ran FO3 great at 60 FPS inside but once I hit outside them frames dropped and stutterring started to happen. O and the Witcher almost made me stop playing 50-60 FPS until I hit Act 3 and went into town, BAM 23-30 FPS. My personal believe is with games being created around console specs, this next step up in cards should last people a very long time. You just don't see to many PC exclusives pushing the graphical envelope anymore, of course that could change if they whore out CryEngine3.

schuey7

Considering that my 8800GTS can run any game save Crysis at 4xAA and 1280x1024 native LCD res,I find myself agreeing with UT66 and just wish there were more games like Crysis that pushed my computer and made an upgrade really worthwhile.Seeing as how this is not happening any time soon I really don't see myself upgrading unless I buy a larger LCD with a higher native res.

M3d10n

Will wait until the 5850 drops to $100, which will be around the time I'll be doing a full upgrade on my rig.

Cheeto

gofreak said:
Yea seriously. Fuck Intel, ATI, AMD, and NVidia for not making exclusive PC games...WTF ARE THEY THINKING!?

Ettie

For the minimal price increase over the current top ATI card, I don't expect much in the way of performance gains. Really hope I'm wrong, going to be building a new gaming rig for the wife in the next 6 months and I'd like her to have something miles ahead of the pack. (Single card)

Xdrive05

Any rumors yet on power consumption? I'm pushing my PSU as it is with my GTX260 c216 with a quad core.

Might have to wait for a "mid range" version is past trends continue...

Top Bottom