• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Bros. Wii U, new Mario and Mario Kart @ E3 this year

Brqan

Wind Waker will obviously be this year - if they can't manage a HD port by the end of the year Nintendo have truly failed as developers. Mario Kart and Yoshi will also be this year for sure, the WiiU needs Mario Kart and Yoshi looks to be using content from Kirby and shouldn't take long. Plus I can see Nintendo running a major 2D platformer each year, with DK the year after. Wii Sports U should also be late this year.

3D Mario will probably aim for late this year but be delayed into 2014, and I suspect Retro's game could follow a similar fate. Smash will be a holiday '14 prospect, as will X.
they said it was coming out this fall.

Roo

Put voice chat in Mario Kart and im totally there.

Hell no
Mario Kart is already a rage-inducing game the way it is
the last thing we need is a bunch of people cursing each other because they lost
2 feet away from the finish line

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Probably a given, but the PR sent out by Nintendo today states that both Mario and Mario Kart Wii U will be playable at E3, rather than just shown.

Mr. Fix

Probably a given, but the PR sent out by Nintendo today states that both Mario and Mario Kart Wii U will be playable at E3, rather than just shown.

I'm really curious as to what the new theme would be if it isn't SMG3, though I wouldn't mind it if it were that.

Delio

Hell no
Mario Kart is already a rage-inducing game the way it is
the last thing we need is a bunch of people cursing each other because they lost
2 feet away from the finish line

That's pretty much what I did on skype with my friends as we played. I wanna yell at people :/

Smash Bros. director Masahiro Sakurai has revealed that both versions of the next Super Smash Bros. game will be at E3 2013. Following yesterday’s announcement during Nintendo Direct that Smash Bros. will make an appearance at the show, Sakurai has now clarified the news on Twitter.

According to a rough translation, Sakurai says "Wii U and 3DS versions -- I would like to show you both." He then explains that “Other games have had visuals shown, but you still have to wait for Smash Bros. But we'll be able to release something better.” Sakurai apologizes that the production of the game was announced so far in advance but says that there will be more things coming, so fans should be ready.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/01/24/3ds-and-wii-u-versions-of-smash-bros-will-both-be-at-e3-2013

Get hype.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
I need more info on 3DS Smash Bros, like, yesterday. Portable Smash Bros is my elixir. ;_;

I. Can't. Even. Freaking. Imagine. I. Am. So. Excited. I. Am. Shaking.

YES! YES! YES!

Just got my 80 dollar gamecube controller in the mail to keep up my competitive brawl practice. Going to throw a huge tournament at my house in the summer. Going to lose. Don't care. Damn I love smash.

Vibed

They shouldn't have mentioned Mario, Mario Kart, or Smash Brothers so we could have had something at least a bit surprising to be excited about at E3. Now that we know, it won't be as surprising. I mean we all knew these were coming, but still.

Neo Child

Banned
They shouldn't have mentioned Mario, Mario Kart, or Smash Brothers so we could have had something at least a bit surprising to be excited about at E3. Now that we know, it won't be as surprising. I mean we all knew these were coming, but still.

retro studios

C'moon Isaac from Golden Sun for Smash!

I wonder what they'll do for Link and Zelda's character model for the new game. Will Zelda look like her Twilight Princess self, or like Skyward Sword? And Link, well he looks identical in both. They'll probably have something similar to the E3 experience look. :)

And Mario's overalls will probably have more details. And Peach will look better in Smash than any of the Mario games with 3D models.

Oh yeah, I wonder what they'll do with armored Samus. They'll probably use Sakamoto's updated model, which was fine. I was bummed they didn't use Retro's for Brawl.

For Zero Suit Samus, keep the beauty mole off her face and flatten her chest a bit. Make her look a little stronger and less like a WWE super model. My guess is they'll be going with Team Ninja's/Sakamoto's lame design. The Soul Calibur guys will see to that. lol

I just looked at Sakurai's Twitter:

Oh, that's E3 show in game system is done abroad, is held daily from November 6 this year. Some people of WiiU, some people of 3DS, is willing to I want to show both.

E3 IS IN NOVEMBER NOW?!

Tagg9

C'moon Isaac from Golden Sun for Smash!

I wonder what they'll do for Link and Zelda's character model for the new game. Will Zelda look like her Twilight Princess self, or like Skyward Sword? And Link, well he looks identical in both. They'll probably have something similar to the E3 experience look. :)

And Mario's overalls will probably have more details. And Peach will look better in Smash than any of the Mario games with 3D models.

Oh yeah, I wonder what they'll do with armored Samus. They'll probably use Sakamoto's updated model, which was fine. I was bummed they didn't use Retro's for Brawl.

For Zero Suit Samus, keep the beauty mole off her face and flatten her chest a bit. Make her look a little stronger and less like a WWE super model. My guess is they'll be going with Team Ninja's/Sakamoto's lame design. The Soul Calibur guys will see to that. lol

Take a breath, dude.

B0wld.gif

Roo

Iwata said both Mario Kart and 3D Mario will be playable at E3
but I wonder if we will see any footage from them before E3 is here
maybe the next Nintendo Direct after the third party focused and the 3DS one

Bulzeeb

It's a mistranslation, 6月11日 is June 11th not November 6th.

I am quite sure the american date standard is a bit different than the one used by most countries in the world, the same could be said about the metric system :p anyways, I really want more info about the Wii U/ 3DS functionallity because so far it could be a Monster Hunter type of game

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
if Nintendo really shows all three games at E3 I ...I don't know if I'll survive the awesomeness overload

really REALLY curious about Mario Kart

if Nintendo really shows all three games at E3 I ...I don't know if I'll survive the awesomeness overload

I dunno, Mario Kart isn't really interesting me anymore. They need to shake up the series and introduce some new stuff.

Personally a new Smash, Metroid and random new Jrpg would interest me more then new Mario and Mario kart.

Currygan

^ that would be just a tiny bit underwhelming, hehe

I dunno, Mario Kart isn't really interesting me anymore. They need to shake up the series and introduce some new stuff.

Personally a new Smash, Metroid and random new Jrpg would interest me more then new Mario and Mario kart.

thats why i'm curious. Will they rewrite the serie or will it just be MK Wii-2? I share the same feelings about the franchise , it needs a major overhaul. While still being lots of fun, Mario Kart needs innovation

Zero148

Nintendo will Show playable Mario and Mario kart plus first trailers of smash, bayonetta 2 and Retro's game besides an extended look on x and yoshi. Ich maybe one or two surprise announcements for a default e3 win without New Hardware ;-)

^ that would be just a tiny bit underwhelming, hehe

thats why i'm curious. Will they rewrite the serie or will it just be MK Wii-2? I share the same feelings about the franchise , it needs a major overhaul. While still being lots of fun, Mario Kart needs innovation

I have a feeling they will do something with Asymmetric gameplay in at least one of the modes.

I don't know what but I could see it happening along the lines of the NintendoLand multiplayer minigames.

Nintendo will Show playable Mario and Mario kart plus first trailers of smash, bayonetta 2 and Retro's game besides an extended look on x and yoshi. Ich maybe one or two surprise announcements for a default e3 win without New Hardware ;-)

I bet by "at E3," they do not mean "at our E3 conference," and people are going to totally lose their shit in a bad way when that comes to pass.

Currygan

I'm just going to pretend X won't be there because I don't have enough hands to multiple fapping. Easily my most hyped game

I have a feeling they will do something with Asymmetric gameplay in at least one of the modes.

I don't know what but I could see it happening along the lines of the NintendoLand multiplayer minigames.

yep asymm gameplay seems like something Nintendo would do. First person mode with the gamepad showing the character's hands on the wheel, maybe!

Chopper

Weapons to be a focus. The return of Double Dash style, and Player 2's game looking backwards will be a shooter on the gamepad, like Kid Icarus's flying sections but in reverse.

cacildo

You know, one day i saw an youtube comment (i know i shoudnt) and somebody sayd "I want Reggie on Smash Bros WIIu!"

This idea kinda grew up on me...

By the way, I had a dream that might have been at E3 and they showed the 3D Mario and it was just a larger planetoid with a lot of the same stuff on it and Mario ran into a ball and turned into it and just rolled around.

It was the most underwhelming dream ever and I loved the Galaxy games.

It got worse though...

Retro's game was revealed and it was a hybrid of Wii Sports Resort and Wii Fit.

The dream seemed so real, I love waking up from those.

Top Bottom