• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skyrim: Special Edition - Mods Thread: Thomas the Tank Engine Strikes Back

Abhor

Question about SkyUI: I am only going to be using a controller to play, so is SkyUI still very effective for controller users? I seem to recall that it was originally targeted at M&K folks. I know it supports controllers now but is it vastly superior to vanilla on a gamepad?

If so, is it worth hacking it in now or should I just wait?

I'm using SkyUI 2.2 with a controller; no issues.

lazygecko

The creation kit for Skyrim Special edition is up now on the Bethesda launcher for all. Can't wait to see what the modders can do from here.

You can't upload to bethesda.net without linking it with your Steam account though. I've had the beta CK but my Bethnet account hasn't been linked to my Steam account, and there's nothing I can do about it from my end. So I've been unable to upload any of my stuff to the official mod site. Really aggravating.

Dumb question. How do you change load order with NMM?

You might want to use a load order manager (I think there's at least one that's supported directly by NMM and will load through it as a Tool), but you can just manually drag and drop things in the "Plug-Ins" tab if you're confident in sorting your load order yourself.

Syriel

Anyone know of a console compatible no-death mod?

My SO enjoys exploring Skyrim and checking out the quests for the story, but otherwise isn't a core gamer and gets frustrated with dying in combat.

The true explosion will happen when SKSE is ported, but it's a start.

Drag and drop in your .esp list

You might want to use a load order manager (I think there's at least one that's supported directly by NMM and will load through it as a Tool), but you can just manually drag and drop things in the "Plug-Ins" tab if you're confident in sorting your load order yourself.

Thanks guys, I figured it out! Everything works now.

dtcm83

Question about SkyUI: I am only going to be using a controller to play, so is SkyUI still very effective for controller users? I seem to recall that it was originally targeted at M&K folks. I know it supports controllers now but is it vastly superior to vanilla on a gamepad?

If so, is it worth hacking it in now or should I just wait?

I tried playing with SkyUI on a 360 controller, actually preferred the old UI for a controller, ended up switching back. But, I doubt many here would agree that the original UI is actually better...I think I'm just more used to the original UI having played hundreds of hours of Skyrim with it already. For what it's worth, if I was playing with a m+kb, I'd likely throw SkyUI back on and try it again.

Vuze

Here's another really interesting audio mod. It's a .dll plugin that overrides Skyrim's positional audio (which is a fucking travesty the way it works) and seems to yield massive improvements.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1897/?
I wonder if this is worthwhile to use for TV / Soundbar usage too.

E: Nvm, looks like this will interfere with the achievement patch.
E2: Or maybe not. The latter got an update I didn't install yet.

lazygecko

I wonder if this is worthwhile to use for TV / Soundbar usage too.

Well, if it was made for regular headphones in mind it's going to output to L/R all the same, so I don't see why it shouldn't benefit a standard stereo speaker setup. Just how accurate and prevalent the HRTF simulation is in practice (which is the main aspect that you can only experience as intended with headphones) I can't really say yet.

Maximo

Man I thought I was done with Skyrim but played a bit and got stuck in for a few hours, going over some of the mods available the new spells and perk tree ones look friggen nuts I think im going to be be burning alot of hours soon....

SnowTeeth

Banned
Wondering the same. I check nexus once a day sorted by most endorsed in the last 24h but obviously you'll be missing out on some hidden gems that way.

Check out the New Recently page for a complete list of daily released mods http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/newrecently/?

Bridal has some videos up on the SE already so I'm sure he will be covering it more over the next few weeks:

https://youtube.com/user/Brodual

I also usually follow Gopher's mod vault but he's not yet stated whether he will cover the SE or not.

Edit: Nevermind, gopher also did a video on the SE yesterday so will ne worth following:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=JRzLgRvqfDs

Saved. Cheers.

Careful guys, this seems to be hidden now for some reason.

SnowTeeth

Banned
Hidden for updating. Nothing to be worried about. Also it's not hidden.

Well okay then. I didn't mean to imply that it was extremely dangerous to your build, just potentially buggy until it got fixed. It was not visible when i checked out the link, and I'll be using it when I'm able to download it.

DOWN

Banned
Interesting. There's a dialogue bug fix mod on PS4. Maybe much of the unofficial patch could get ported to PS4 over time even though the current package isn't allowed. Alternate methods.

Parts of the unofficial patch can get ported. Like wrong item stats, bugged spells and shouts, some of the dialogue bugs and typos.

Here's another really interesting audio mod. It's a .dll plugin that overrides Skyrim's positional audio (which is a fucking travesty the way it works) and seems to yield massive improvements.

This mod along with yours and the reverberation mod makes the game sound absolutely incredible. I am speechless. And this is before Bethesda updates their audio files to the higher quality ones...

Joqu

Hi! As someone who has never touched Skyrim but got the SE upgrade for PC due to buying the old complete version in the past, should I wait some more before I play it? I've got no idea how many mods people would consider to be essentials aren't working on SE right now.

I mean, I've put off playing Skyrim for a while now so I suppose waiting for certain mods to get ported over shouldn't be a problem. Though now is pretty exciting, having a bunch of other people playing it too and all

kris.

Banned
there was a mod for vanilla that made NPCs run inside when a dragon or vampire attack happened but i can't remember the name. anyone know which one i'm talking about and whether or not it's been updated yet? i don't want to do that no vampire attacks in towns thing because i don't mind them randomly showing up in towns, but i also don't want my NPCs to die :(

draetenth

there was a mod for vanilla that made NPCs run inside when a dragon or vampire attack happened but i can't remember the name. anyone know which one i'm talking about and whether or not it's been updated yet? i don't want to do that no vampire attacks in towns thing because i don't mind them randomly showing up in towns, but i also don't want my NPCs to die :(

Sounds like When vampires attacks?

Run for your lives is the dragon version I believe.

I think it's the same guy doing the unofficial patch so a Special edition version should come out soon enough.

DOWN

Banned
Some more cool mods still making it to PS4 like faster leveling up and increased fog

Pretty cool

DOWN

Banned
Better male presets, no carry weight, and more are on PS4. Very cool. While no restrictions would be best, many of the mods missing from PS4 so far seem like they aren't lore friendly anyway

SlickVic

I tried this out briefly, and the improvement is very obvious. A river was running to the right of me and I could distinctly hear the sound from that side. Or I walked past a guard and could hear his voice trailing as I got further away.

The only caveat (which isn't really a fault of the mod) is it did seem to make some of the compressed audio that currently plagues SE much more prominent. I especially noticed this in third person mode with things like unsheathing a sword or footsteps. Though for whatever reason, switching to first person seems to make the compressed sound a lot less noticeable.

Even with that quirk, this mod seems pretty incredible for adding an extra layer of immersion.

Abhor

Made a huge difference. I was having a hard time with npc voice audio, having to up my system volume while compensating by lowering everything else in-game. Now Bethesda just needs to fix the garbage audio quality and we'll be golden.

This crashes my game before it even loads in. I must be installing it wrong or something.

Extract files to Skyrim Special Edition root directly, AND make sure you have Visual Studio 2015 installed (link in mod description).

leng jai

Made a huge difference. I was having a hard time with npc voice audio, having to up my system volume while compensating by lowering everything else in-game. Now Bethesda just needs to fix the garbage audio quality and we'll be golden.

Extract files to Skyrim Special Edition root directly, AND make sure you have Visual Studio 2015 installed (link in mod description).

Did both of those already. I downloaded the uncompressed audio files a few days ago and have Immersive Sounds Compendium as well, that might be causing the issue.

Is the Seraphim body replacer likely going to be the console standard going forward? It looks like more than a few clothing/armor mods are all supporting it.

Pretty sure it's NSFW so probably not.

What? No I just mean that a lot of armor and clothing so far seems to require it. Fallout 4 had like two dozen different ones which all had compatibility issues, so I'm just wondering if this one for Skyrim could be the defacto solution.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Is there a mod to allow post-creation character edits on either console?

Maximo

Anyone have any solutions my game won't start when I have the Ordinator Mod installed, when I uncheck it from Data Files it works fine.

Ryzaki009

What? No I just mean that a lot of armor and clothing so far seems to require it. Fallout 4 had like two dozen different ones which all had compatibility issues, so I'm just wondering if this one for Skyrim could be the defacto solution.

Not a snowballs chance will Skyrim ever have a defacto body for females. Even with CBBE and UUNP with bodyslides to build your own body there's still other bodies.

Now most of the mods might be for a certain body type but once CBBE and UUNP are ported you'll see mods for those bodytypes too. Get ready to have to pick and choose :D

Not a snowballs chance will Skyrim ever have a defacto body for females. Even with CBBE and UUNP with bodyslides to build your own body there's still other bodies.

Now most of the mods might be for a certain body type but once CBBE and UUNP are ported you'll see mods for those bodytypes too. Get ready to have to pick and choose :D

Damn haha.

Also Ordinator looks insane. I spent a good ten or fifteen minutes looking at all those perks. Holy shit it blows everything wide open. Like I could honestly try at a legit Druid character now.

Top Bottom