• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
BTW, people have been getting copies of Doom VFR early, and it looks like smooth movement actually was added to the game. It's not teleport-only as they had suggested all this time.

You can see the options and the smooth movement gameplay here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP0Att3ynb8

I'm really surprised. This is going to be a hell of a game with the Aim controller. It looks like it gives you the option to walk forward normally or pulse forward, with the choice of either at any time.

OMG! This looks amazing.

Belker

Can't get the new one in the UK yet so they should've known better.

Yep. I'm getting a refund and I'll contact them when they get the new one in stock and see if they can do anything.

I suspect the rep I spoke to originally couldn't confirm the model number or just got confused about them.

Lookin to get Ancient Amulator, Battlezone, and maybe Thumper now.

I loved the Battlezone demo so much I picked it up for $15 yesterday along with EVE Valkyrie.

I'm interested in trying the Star Trek Bridge Crew game since I'm a big Trek fan but I keep reading it's mostly a multiplayer affair which means I won't play it much. I'll still get it at some point just for the limited SP content but I'll wait for $10 sale or something.

Zigroid

Neo Member
Eve Valkyrie is mostly multiplayer too, or I would have bought it. It’s supposed to have a decent, but very short single player campaign. I’d get it for $10, but unless they expand the single player mode to several hours, at least, I’ll give it a pass.

Kaversmed

Just bought a PSVR through a Black Friday deal, can't wait to jump in! Been lurking this thread since the launch of PSVR and been extremely jealous since. So excited! :D

Eve Valkyrie is mostly multiplayer too, or I would have bought it. It’s supposed to have a decent, but very short single player campaign. I’d get it for $10, but unless they expand the single player mode to several hours, at least, I’ll give it a pass.

Oh well, I can handle some online versus dogfighting. Bridge Crew is a purely cooperative experience that requires talking and working as a team. Would hate to do that with randoms online. I never use a mic.

Toe-Knee

I just tried rec room for the first time. That game is amazing especially for something that's free.

I also have carnival games vr a go and that was good fun too. Should be great with the family at Christmas.

mikelly

Neo Member
Just have to say I can't get over how amazing Skyrim VR is. I've never been so immersed in a VR game. (Or obviously any game for that matter.) I haven't been able to make it through much of the campaign since I've had it on PC since 2011 but in VR it's like I'm there on a completely different level. Sneaking through caves almost feeling/smelling the misty dankness and adventuring around this world is just so cool. Gives me something awesome to look forward to.

Knowing I can instantly vacation to Skyrim anytime I like still baffles me in all the right ways.

philm87

I just tried rec room for the first time. That game is amazing especially for something that's free.

I also have carnival games vr a go and that was good fun too. Should be great with the family at Christmas.

Does Carnival Games have any sort of competitive party mode? I'd be tempted to buy it for a bit of family fun too.

Toe-Knee

Does Carnival Games have any sort of competitive party mode? I'd be tempted to buy it for a bit of family fun too.

I only scratched the surface but there's definitely scoreboards I didn't dig deep enough to see anything else. Its a similar sort of thing to wii sports

Kumorin

I’m having a ton of fun with Dead Hungry. There’s a lot of techniques you can use in the game that aren’t in the tutorial so I thought it might be fun to compare and contrast here.

Discovering them is part of the fun so I’ll hide them under spoiler tags. These are some of the less obvious ones I’ve found.

Put the cheese on the burgers while they’re grilling to melt it on
Use the burger press to speed up the cooking time (works on one burger at a time)
Anything can be put on the burgers including pizza and french fries
Pre-prepare the toppings by putting them on the bun before you place the burger
Toss the boom box outside to lower the music volume (also distracts a zombie)

Played the VR mission in Star Wars Battlefront last night. Another dream come true. Actually brought a small tear to my eye. Where is my whole game of vehicular Star Wars goodness. I want to pilot a speeder bike in VR.

Tumle

Just bought a PSVR through a Black Friday deal, can't wait to jump in! Been lurking this thread since the launch of PSVR and been extremely jealous since. So excited! :D
Have you tried VR before?
Love to hear your impressions even if you have😊

Grinchy

Banned
I haven't even tried the new demo disc yet. Every time I boot up some VR, it ends up being Skyrim that gets started. I'm neglecting so many games.

Darko

Played the VR mission in Star Wars Battlefront last night. Another dream come true. Actually brought a small tear to my eye. Where is my whole game of vehicular Star Wars goodness. I want to pilot a speeder bike in VR.

Its great but rougue leader in vr is something else.

How difficult is it to get the PSVR to behave identically/or close to a VIVE on PC?

I've seen some articles claiming it's possible, innvolved buying several PS3 cameras or something like that

Just looking for someone to point me in the direction of a definitive tutorial that explains everything

And no I can not afford a Vive smd don't mind the tedious process to get a PSVR working on pc

philm87

Love to hear your impressions even if you have😊

I'd play gear VR before and couldn't believe how much better the psvr is. Everything looks so much more 3d, plus the head tracking and better hand tracking makes so much different to the immersion. Graphics are obviously much better on psvr also. Generally been pretty impressed with the psvr graphics (apart from Driveclub).

MultiCore

How difficult is it to get the PSVR to behave identically/or close to a VIVE on PC?

I've seen some articles claiming it's possible, innvolved buying several PS3 cameras or something like that

Just looking for someone to point me in the direction of a definitive tutorial that explains everything

And no I can not afford a Vive smd don't mind the tedious process to get a PSVR working on pc
Rift and Touch is on sale for $350.

The PSVR on PC stuff really doesn't work right. It's not worth your time, and certainly not money, for a solution that winds up being half-baked.

Nobody wants it to work as much as I do, but it's just not worth it.

PSVR is where all the real big games are anyway, unless you want Elite or racing sims.

Kaversmed

Love to hear your impressions even if you have��

Hey man, no I've never tried it, not even the mobile VR options, so you could say I'm going in completely "blind".

I would love to give you my impressions - are you thinking about getting PSVR? :)

Edit: btw. your name sounds danish, you wouldn't happen to be from Denmark?

Tumle

Hey man, no I've never tried it, not even the mobile VR options, so you could say I'm going in completely "blind".

I would love to give you my impressions - are you thinking about getting PSVR? :)

Edit: btw. your name sounds danish, you wouldn't happen to be from Denmark?
Yep I’m danish, where are you from?
Already got two VR systems PSVR and a Vive:)
Just love to hear first impressions
It’s so fun when you get people to try It for the first time, and they just sit perfectly still looking straight ahead, and then you tell them to try and look around. Lol there expression are priceless:)
I'd play gear VR before and couldn't believe how much better the psvr is. Everything looks so much more 3d, plus the head tracking and better hand tracking makes so much different to the immersion. Graphics are obviously much better on psvr also. Generally been pretty impressed with the psvr graphics (apart from Driveclub).
Yea just the possibility to move your head in 3D space does a lot to give you that extra part of immersion:)

Kaversmed

Yep I’m danish, where are you from?
Already got two VR systems PSVR and a Vive:)
Just love to hear first impressions
It’s so fun when you get people to try It for the first time, and they just sit perfectly still looking straight ahead, and then you tell them to try and look around. Lol there expression are priceless:)

I’m from Copenhagen. Can’t wait! Will definitely give my impressions in here as soon as I can get a pair of Move controllers - they seem to be sold out everywhere unless I want to pay like 800kr which is way too steep compared to what it normally cost. Don’t want to start up PSVR without Move.

Tumle

I’m from Copenhagen. Can’t wait! Will definitely give my impressions in here as soon as I can get a pair of Move controllers - they seem to be sold out everywhere unless I want to pay like 800kr which is way too steep compared to what it normally cost. Don’t want to start up PSVR without Move.
Oh ok cool😊 from Brøndby 😊
Yea I found a pair on DBA.dk for 400dkk never used.. so I was a bit lucky😊

Toe-Knee

Check ebay. I already had one but snagged the second on ebay for £9 the local shops sell them for £40

Kaversmed

That is utterly insane. Is that for the new dual pack? I think the rrp is £79

Yup, dual pack. The market is pretty much dry in Denmark regarding the Move, so that's why they just increased the price. I also think the demand is pretty high with all the Black Friday deals for PSVR at the moment. Still pretty disgusting.

Pejo

Did any of you guys pick up Megaton Rainfall? Any impressions?

Also, Skyrim VR is exaclty what I always wanted with a VR game. This is also the first time I've actually enjoyed combat in an Elder Scrolls game. So immersive and fun.

I'm not sure why they default the controls to the teleportation though, it does a big disservice to the game, imo. The controls in general were kinda tough to get used to (motion controls), but after it "clicks" it's pretty damn effective. I only wish the Move controllers had an analog stick on them for movement. Then it'd be perfect. I haven't been waiting to get home to play a game this much in ages.

My gf probably hates it.

I'm from Copenhagen. Can't wait! Will definitely give my impressions in here as soon as I can get a pair of Move controllers - they seem to be sold out everywhere unless I want to pay like 800kr which is way too steep compared to what it normally cost. Don't want to start up PSVR without Move.

If you cross the bridge to Malmö you can pick them up for 779 SEK at Netonnet. Not cheap either but better then 800 danish kr.

Kaversmed

So I just found out there's an updated model of the PS Move coming alongside the new PSVR model which will have better battery life and change the USB port from mini to micro USB.

This will probably also mean that a bunch of new charging stations for PSVR/Move/DS4 is coming as well...

So I just found out there's an updated model of the PS Move coming alongside the new PSVR model which will have better battery life and change the USB port from mini to micro USB.

This will probably also mean that a bunch of new charging stations for PSVR/Move/DS4 is coming as well...

I noticed this when I got my Skyrim bundle. The two move controllers are indeed micro USB but I figured that change had been made back when PSVR first came out to match the PS4/DS4. I have an older PS3-era Move controller that has the old Mini-USB jack. Guess I might as well trade that and the old nun-chuck in somewhere since the nun-chuck doesn't work with any PS4 games (or does it?). Of course, if I do that they will announce that you can add a third move controller tied around your waist or something to enhance certain games.

Kaversmed

I noticed this when I got my Skyrim bundle. The two move controllers are indeed micro USB but I figured that change had been made back when PSVR first came out to match the PS4/DS4. I have an older PS3-era Move controller that has the old Mini-USB jack. Guess I might as well trade that and the old nun-chuck in somewhere since the nun-chuck doesn't work with any PS4 games (or does it?). Of course, if I do that they will announce that you can add a third move controller tied around your waist or something to enhance certain games.

I just got the headset and camera and now looking for Move controllers but the only ones the shops are selling here are the “old” ones at full price (almost £100) and I don’t really feel like paying that when I know the updated version is just around the corner, but at the same time I really don’t want to start up my new PSVR without the Move controllers... Jeez the dilemma lol

Tumle

I just got the headset and camera and now looking for Move controllers but the only ones the shops are selling here are the “old” ones at full price (almost £100) and I don’t really feel like paying that when I know the updated version is just around the corner, but at the same time I really don’t want to start up my new PSVR without the Move controllers... Jeez the dilemma lol
You should try the playroom, that’s controller only:)

I really screwed up.... I wanted to pick up the Skyrim bundle off amazon and figured I'd be able to get one between black friday and cyber monday. They've been OOS for like 5 days now :(

I wanted to recommend that anyone with an account try out Hulu's PSVR app. The various environments you can watch video in are neat, but there is a haunted house themed one that is more elaborate and pretty freaking awesome. Love how you can pick things up in the environment and move them around for a closer look. Move controllers not required. Well worth firing Hulu up to check that one out.

Bluecondor

I wanted to recommend that anyone with an account try out Hulu's PSVR app. The various environments you can watch video in are neat, but there is a haunted house themed one that is more elaborate and pretty freaking awesome. Love how you can pick things up in the environment and move them around for a closer look. Move controllers not required. Well worth firing Hulu up to check that one out.

This sounds great! Thanks for letting us know about this. I had never heard of this.

Anyone with PSVR owes it to themselves to experience Thumper. Playing it in VR with isolating headphones is an incredible experience. And it even has a direct impact on how well you play.

Still a defining VR moment for me.

philm87

I've got the old headset, but it came with move controllers with micro usb. Think they may have been about for a while.

Kaversmed

I've got the old headset, but it came with move controllers with micro usb. Think they may have been about for a while.

Oh nice! I think the new controllers have a black PlayStation logo on the handle instead of the chrome/silver that the old ones had. The micro usb port is the definitely most important to me.

How does the battery hold up on the older Move?

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Anyone with PSVR owes it to themselves to experience Thumper. Playing it in VR with isolating headphones is an incredible experience. And it even has a direct impact on how well you play.

Still a defining VR moment for me.

I endorse this message.

Leviticus

Neo Member
Yup, dual pack. The market is pretty much dry in Denmark regarding the Move, so that's why they just increased the price. I also think the demand is pretty high with all the Black Friday deals for PSVR at the moment. Still pretty disgusting.

Demand or no demand, everything is expensive in Denmark (especially for foreign students such as myself :D )

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Got my headset today. After a few hours I took off the headset and I definitely had to like decompress. It was weird lol.

philm87

Got my headset today. After a few hours I took off the headset and I definitely had to like decompress. It was weird lol.

Yeah I know what you mean! kind of felt like I was still in VR when I took my headset off after my first long session as it was so immersive.

Grinchy

Banned
The first day I played VR included a lot of Job Simulator. After looking into the virtual computer screen so much in the office setting, taking the headset off and looking at my actual computer screen felt so damn weird. The screen looked so wrong to me.

Top Bottom