• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

CryptiK
Member
(10-11-2017, 08:34 PM)
CryptiK's Avatar
So what are the main issues for BOTW on CEMU currently?
JaseC
gave away the keys to the kingdom.
(10-11-2017, 08:42 PM)
JaseC's Avatar

Originally Posted by CryptiK

So what are the main issues for BOTW on CEMU currently?

http://compat.cemu.info/wiki/The_Leg...th_of_the_Wild

Originally Posted by Known issues

FPS drops and stuttering
This can be fixed sometimes with a shader cache.

Missing textures
There is no fix for that yet.

Excessive amount of RAM used for shadercache on <snip> Intel GPUs
There is no fix for that yet.

Blocky artifacts in lava and other surfaces on Nvidia Maxwell & newer GPUs
This can be fixed by following this guide.

Enemy AI freezing
This can be fixed by enabling Full sync at GX2DrawDone() in the Debug menu
This should also fix random crashes at the cost of performance

Originally Posted by Testing report (1.10.0f)

Using CemuHook And FenceHackSkip, In the Overworld you can play with 20-25 FPS, Shrines can be played in Stable 30 FPS. Some glitches with the textures, No crashes, FPS Drops when it generates shaders cache (10FPS)

Originally Posted by Testing report (1.10.0f)

Using CemuHook, ShaderCache, FPS++ Graphicspack, 2560x1440, No AA, Contrasty, Higher Quality Shadows, and LWZX Crash workaround. In overworld it's mostly stable at around 30-45fps, with towns and villages dropping as low as 25fps. All shrines are a consistent 60fps. No crashes in 80+ hours of playtime, only a few minor graphical glitches concerning lava which corrects itself by looking at it with the scope. Running on nVidia drivers 385.69

Last edited by JaseC; 10-11-2017 at 08:54 PM.
IceDoesntHelp
Member
(10-11-2017, 08:44 PM)
IceDoesntHelp's Avatar
Cemu refuses to let me set buttons with the switch pro controller. Help.
Mifec
Member
(10-11-2017, 08:45 PM)
Mifec's Avatar

Originally Posted by JaseC

http://compat.cemu.info/wiki/The_Leg...th_of_the_Wild

The RAM use was fixed in yesterdays "Shadow of War" patch from nvidia.
Neith
Banned
(10-11-2017, 08:49 PM)

Originally Posted by JaseC

http://compat.cemu.info/wiki/The_Leg...th_of_the_Wild

New Nvidia drivers have fixed the RAM issue for most people.
sackboy2197
Member
(10-11-2017, 08:51 PM)
sackboy2197's Avatar
How much RAM should be needed with the new driver?
JaseC
gave away the keys to the kingdom.
(10-11-2017, 08:52 PM)
JaseC's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mifec

The RAM use was fixed in yesterdays "Shadow of War" patch from nvidia.

Originally Posted by Neith

New Nvidia drivers have fixed the RAM issue for most people.

Ah, cheers. Edited.
FallingEdge
Member
(10-11-2017, 08:53 PM)
FallingEdge's Avatar
ahh damn

I really should just say fuck it and go all in on PC BotW
jett
D-Member
(10-11-2017, 11:41 PM)
jett's Avatar

Originally Posted by ThisIsMyDogKyle

wow what? has this ever been done by an emulator before? Dolphin maybe?

There has been online play since like the first NES emulators.
LilJoka
Member
(10-11-2017, 11:49 PM)
LilJoka's Avatar

Originally Posted by FallingEdge

ahh damn

I really should just say fuck it and go all in on PC BotW

I just did after putting it off for so long.
Totally worth it now, it looks and plays gorgeous. At worst I'm getting 40fps but generally 60 or close with a 7700k@4.8ghz. And with shader cache it really is very smooth.

One thing that isn't working - motion controls in the shrines. Some workarounds if you got a DS4 or android phone.
Neith
Banned
(10-11-2017, 11:54 PM)

Originally Posted by sackboy2197

How much RAM should be needed with the new driver?

It depends but I think not more than 10 :)
jediyoshi
Member
(10-11-2017, 11:56 PM)
jediyoshi's Avatar

Originally Posted by jett

There has been online play since like the first NES emulators.

That's netplay though, this is online through the game's actual online services.

Originally Posted by LilJoka

One thing that isn't working - motion controls in the shrines. Some workarounds if you got a DS4 or android phone.

The built in motion controls are handled through right clicking and dragging on the screen with your mouse and/or using the mouse wheel.
BernardoOne
For you.
(10-12-2017, 12:00 AM)
BernardoOne's Avatar

Originally Posted by jett

There has been online play since like the first NES emulators.

There's a difference between netplay, and online play using the console's original network service.
ThisIsMyDogKyle
Member
(10-12-2017, 12:01 AM)
ThisIsMyDogKyle's Avatar

Originally Posted by jett

There has been online play since like the first NES emulators.

I know about netplay, was specifically talking about playing on the real servers, with other console players.
LilJoka
Member
(10-12-2017, 12:41 AM)
LilJoka's Avatar

Originally Posted by jediyoshi

That's netplay though, this is online through the game's actual online services.

The built in motion controls are handled through right clicking and dragging on the screen with your mouse and/or using the mouse wheel.

Yeah it's missing an axis as far as I can tell. Click and drag works to some extent, scroll wheel didn't do anything for me. I couldn't complete the shrine with the click and drag.
tuxfool
Member
(10-12-2017, 03:31 AM)

Originally Posted by ThisIsMyDogKyle

I know about netplay, was specifically talking about playing on the real servers, with other console players.

Most console games use P2P for the actual game server.
catabarez
Member
(10-12-2017, 03:49 AM)
catabarez's Avatar
Got the Gyro controls from my PS4 controller to work with Cemu. It's pretty great. I can't wait until the Switch Pro Controller gets a full driver so I can use that instead.
hlhbk
Member
(10-12-2017, 03:53 AM)
hlhbk's Avatar
Is breath of the wild 100% playable now with no issues?
catabarez
Member
(10-12-2017, 03:56 AM)
catabarez's Avatar

Originally Posted by hlhbk

Is breath of the wild 100% playable now with no issues?

You can beat the game, but there are still minor issues with it.
dsk1210
Member
(10-12-2017, 04:49 AM)
dsk1210's Avatar

Originally Posted by LilJoka

I just did after putting it off for so long.
Totally worth it now, it looks and plays gorgeous. At worst I'm getting 40fps but generally 60 or close with a 7700k@4.8ghz. And with shader cache it really is very smooth.

One thing that isn't working - motion controls in the shrines. Some workarounds if you got a DS4 or android phone.


I used the fps++ (60fps) graphics pack but my game just runs faster than usual even outside the shrines, any idea what I am doing wrong?
BernardoOne
For you.
(10-12-2017, 05:32 AM)
BernardoOne's Avatar

Originally Posted by hlhbk

Is breath of the wild 100% playable now with no issues?

As far as I'm concerned it's superior to the Wii U and Switch versions tbh. There's a minor issue here and there but the better framerate, 4K support and moddability make it the definitive way to experience it.
sackboy2197
Member
(10-12-2017, 05:57 AM)
sackboy2197's Avatar

Originally Posted by Neith

It depends but I think not more than 10 :)

I'll still need a small upgrade then. Thanks!
Garrett Hawke
Member
(10-12-2017, 07:38 PM)
Garrett Hawke's Avatar

Originally Posted by BernardoOne

As far as I'm concerned it's superior to the Wii U and Switch versions tbh. There's a minor issue here and there but the better framerate, 4K support and moddability make it the definitive way to experience it.

Is sound correct yet tho? Last time I tried it was 😬
Mifec
Member
(10-12-2017, 09:23 PM)
Mifec's Avatar

Originally Posted by Garrett Hawke

Is sound correct yet tho? Last time I tried it was 😬

Yup. It's stereo now.
FallingEdge
Member
(10-13-2017, 02:38 AM)
FallingEdge's Avatar
Where is the contrasty graphics pack? I can't find that anywhere.
Anony
Member
(10-13-2017, 02:47 AM)
is it possible to rip the BOTW patch from the wii u as well?
Is it possible to apply said patch in the emulator?
blly155
Member
(10-13-2017, 02:47 AM)
blly155's Avatar

Originally Posted by Anony

is it possible to rip the BOTW patch from the wii u as well?
Is it possible to apply said patch in the emulator?

use Maple Tree to update your game.

________

Whoa so stupid amounts of RAM aren't needed anymore? I need to download the new driver then. I could never load the game with a shader cache and 16GB RAM. Gonna try this again! I was at the point of just buying a Switch to play BOTW.

EDIT: yes! i can actually load the game now with shader cache. what a difference it makes...well looks like everything is being put on hold so i can finally play this!
Last edited by blly155; 10-13-2017 at 08:46 AM.
PGamer
fucking juniors
(10-13-2017, 05:44 PM)
PGamer's Avatar
Mario Kart 8 Online
blly155
Member
(10-13-2017, 05:50 PM)
blly155's Avatar
So i was playing Zelda for a bit. Done the first shrine and got a warning to close Cemu. Checked RAM and was only using ~12GB but when I left the shrine Cemu closed.

EDIT: never mind it seems i only had a 200-1024MB page file for virtual memory. set it to automatically manage it now.
Last edited by blly155; 10-14-2017 at 09:02 AM.
Mr White
Junior Member
(10-13-2017, 06:19 PM)
Mr White's Avatar

Originally Posted by BernardoOne

As far as I'm concerned it's superior to the Wii U and Switch versions tbh. There's a minor issue here and there but the better framerate, 4K support and moddability make it the definitive way to experience it.

This all true, but cemu don't have 5.1 audio spport, which really hurt experience
TyMiles2012
Member
(10-13-2017, 06:33 PM)
TyMiles2012's Avatar

Originally Posted by jett

There has been online play since like the first NES emulators.

This is different. This is through Nintendo's servers using a file you have to rip from your own NNID Linked WiiU using homebrew, so you're basically playing online using your NNID just like a real WiiU. Dolphin I think is the only other emulator that does this. The other methods just connect two emulators together and emulate couch multiplayer on a direct IP connection.
Taggen86
Junior Member
(10-14-2017, 12:25 PM)
How is zelda now? Played a couple of hours this summer (from the beginning to the zora temple), but I had lots of issues with the game so I chose to wait a couple of more months.
1. Is it possible to map the gyro controls to the sticks in zelda now? or are the gyro only shrines unable to beat without real gyro controls? How do you map the gyro controls to a ps4 controller?
2. How is the crashing? When I played it in july, it suffered from regular crashes. Some shrines crashed all the time for me (e.g. I could not complete the shrine in the zora palace due to crashes) ?
3. Do you still get those annoying rainbow textures covering mountains/rocks?
Last edited by Taggen86; 10-14-2017 at 02:59 PM.
hlhbk
Member
(10-15-2017, 06:44 AM)
hlhbk's Avatar
First let me post my specs:

Intel 4970k
16 GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 1080ti
Win 10 64 bit
Playing on a SSD
Cemu version 1.10 Have the 1080p, fps++, no anti-aliasing, high resolution shadows, lwzx crash work around, upscale filter is bilinear, gpu buffer accuracy is low, disable BOTW crash work around.

Currently my main focus is on Zelda BOTW. I have:

Downloaded probably about 10 shader caches

Deleted the precompiled shaders, and NVidia glcache folder each time and let the shaders compile. This appears to work fine, and the precompiled shaders are around 530 mb after they compile.

Turned off multithreading in the Nvidia control panel for the cemu executable.

Looking at videos online the freezing seems to be the shader cache, but it doesn't make sense since I am using a cache others have used without issue. I don't want to suffer through building my own cache because then the game is borderline unplayable.

When the freeze happens my entire computer is unresponsive including the mouse. If I watch the task manager the cpu never goes above 25% usage, and I am only using 9 gb of my 16 gb RAM. I have also moved my page file off my SSD drive to a normal drive.

I am truly at a loss for next steps. Looking for advice please!
Last edited by hlhbk; 10-15-2017 at 09:03 AM.
Skyfireblaze
Member
(10-15-2017, 09:12 AM)
Skyfireblaze's Avatar
How is Tropical Freeze nowadays, are the graphical glitches fixed? I deleted my dump of my HDD to free some space and I wonder if it's worth to re-dump by now.
Jinroh
Member
(10-15-2017, 09:15 AM)
Jinroh's Avatar
I've been playing Tropical Freeze lately and it's pretty much perfect. There are a few hiccups here and there but it's probably linked to caching.
Skyfireblaze
Member
(10-15-2017, 09:19 AM)
Skyfireblaze's Avatar

Originally Posted by Jinroh

I've been playing Tropical Freeze lately and it's pretty much perfect. There are a few hiccups here and there but it's probably linked to caching.

So the water is rendered correctly now? Time to re-dump then, thanks! :D
hlhbk
Member
(10-15-2017, 06:53 PM)
hlhbk's Avatar

Originally Posted by hlhbk

First let me post my specs:

Intel 4970k
16 GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 1080ti
Win 10 64 bit
Playing on a SSD
Cemu version 1.10 Have the 1080p, fps++, no anti-aliasing, high resolution shadows, lwzx crash work around, upscale filter is bilinear, gpu buffer accuracy is low, disable BOTW crash work around.

Currently my main focus is on Zelda BOTW. I have:

Downloaded probably about 10 shader caches

Deleted the precompiled shaders, and NVidia glcache folder each time and let the shaders compile. This appears to work fine, and the precompiled shaders are around 530 mb after they compile.

Turned off multithreading in the Nvidia control panel for the cemu executable.

Looking at videos online the freezing seems to be the shader cache, but it doesn't make sense since I am using a cache others have used without issue. I don't want to suffer through building my own cache because then the game is borderline unplayable.

When the freeze happens my entire computer is unresponsive including the mouse. If I watch the task manager the cpu never goes above 25% usage, and I am only using 9 gb of my 16 gb RAM. I have also moved my page file off my SSD drive to a normal drive.

I am truly at a loss for next steps. Looking for advice please!

PSA for people having the issues I described above. After hours of research and troubleshooting I figured out what was causing my issue and it was hyperthreading on the CPU! Under CPU in Cemu go to affinity, and set it to use the even cores. Once I did this no more stuttering and everything was smooth!

It's strange in all of the places I looked I never saw someone having the same issue.
catabarez
Member
(10-18-2017, 07:43 AM)
catabarez's Avatar
Got the switch pro controller to work with Cemu using this:

https://www.amazon.com/MAGIC-NS-Wire.../dp/B07413R4HS

Rumble even works with it! You just need to tweak it a little because of the HD rumble. I'm hoping they can figure it out how to implement the gyro like the DS4 and Steam controllers.

You can also hook up DS3, DS4, and Wii U Pro controllers. The Wii U Pro controller seems to rumble nonstop as soon as it activates even after updating the firmware. Hopefully Mayflash can address this.
Zurick
Member
(Today, 09:34 PM)
Zurick's Avatar
Is there any fix or ideas for the memory issues?

I'm using a setup from the video @ Kotaku

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-74mhiC2N18

and it's eating 9-10GB of Memory. The game is stuttering slightly too, runs 60fps most of the way though.

Thread Tools