• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trials Evolution |OT| ROCK'N'ROLL TRIALS STYLE BABY

Najaf

Finals week and work are keeping me away. All I want to do is finish my track! Will carve out some time, but it might be next weekend before it is ready.

Oh man, oh man, ohhhhh man

Track is evolving into something amazing right now, I just built a whole village and a goddamn temple. And then you ride up into the frigging temple :D.

Dont steal my ideas yo

I loved your other track - I kept trying to beat my time on it today!

I would like to design a track someday. Never got around to finishing my LittleBigPlanet levels...

Beat the SP gig a few days ago, today I managed to try my luck at the extreme tracks. Oh boy. This is the Trials I remember. +250 tries, 20 minutes or so, insane amounts of frustration. And fun.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Waterfall Gully by oo ozdrifter oo is a pretty great uphill extreme track. It has some issues with track definition, but despite that it has a lot of fun, challenging features.

Okay - the user-created Step Up skill game is brilliant (under RedLynx picks).

If I didn't have to get up for work in the morning, I'd still be playing it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Add more customizations, objects, locations with each DLC and then that will propogate into the shared tracks forcing everyone to buy it?
Yep. New bikes would be nice too. I want the last one but I have no motivation to buy and complete Trials HD just to get it. Especially cause I suck at this game.

eek5

Yep. New bikes would be nice too. I want the last one but I have no motivation to buy and complete Trials HD just to get it. Especially cause I suck at this game.

I think it will be difficult to balance new bikes with leaderboards. I guess one way would be to just make a complete skin w/ identical stats. The donkey bike is crazy hard to use.. hell I wasn't even aware it was possible to do well with it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5IAx9Eet64

lol wtf

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

The donkey bike is horrible anyway, a joke bike that is terrible to control.

Posted already?

i-kMvdrfK-X3.jpg

I'm on medium right now and I can't finish most tracks :p

whitehawk

Banned
Track Central is so amazing. But it makes me wonder what RedLynx has in mind for DLC.
My guess is it could include

- More rider customizations
- More objects for track creation (they did this with Trials HD)

But I'm not sure what else there is besides that. The tracks people make someones exceed official tracks. Plus RedLynx has made tracks themselves and put it up on track central for free!

In a gaming world full of on-disc DLC, it's nice to see a game that is basically giving away free DLC.

Brakara

Still, new official tracks would be nice, especially for public mp.

I'd also like to see a new supercross playlist with harder tracks which can only be used by experienced players. Of course, they'll have to fix the level bug first though.

Daigoro

Im gonna finish my second track this weekend.. soooo much better than the first its not even funny..

cant wait. i was in a game with 4 people with mics last night then we made a party and i had everyone play your map a few times. it was fun.

Tailer

My guess is it could include

- More rider customizations
- More objects for track creation (they did this with Trials HD)

But I'm not sure what else there is besides that. The tracks people make someones exceed official tracks. Plus RedLynx has made tracks themselves and put it up on track central for free!

In a gaming world full of on-disc DLC, it's nice to see a game that is basically giving away free DLC.

Well they could always make online tracks.... or hat system XD(you know I had to).

mrklaw

MrArseFace
woo, got the gold medal on sewage works. Used the 250 phoenix which I think helped me correct some of the spins the water gave me. The last spurt is still a dice roll but I got consistent enough on the early stages to get a lucky roll on the last one.

My second track is not up yet..my gt is MMaRsu NL. Check my first track in the op too....

they need a way to queue up tracks like you can queue up games from the web for download to your xbox.

I tried using the editor but the controls are really off-putting. Can't move the camera around properly to save my life.

I felt the same way. I feel like I spend more time trying to figure out how to use the thing than actually building something. It's too bad you can't use a mouse and keyboard.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
My second track is not up yet..my gt is MMaRsu NL. Check my first track in the op too....

I like your first track, but IMO there needs to be a checkpoint after that double rock (just before the last big climb). Also the timing for silver seems really tight - by the time you've got 4 faults you're way over 1:30

edit:

Really like the 'real trials' levels by OoOoOomonkey. Hard (didn't actually complete the second one in the 30 minute time limit) but very satisfying

daw840

woo, got the gold medal on sewage works. Used the 250 phoenix which I think helped me correct some of the spins the water gave me. The last spurt is still a dice roll but I got consistent enough on the early stages to get a lucky roll on the last one.

My god this level pisses me off. Silver's easy, but gold.....GAH!

I can't manage to get the gold on Sunset Stripped for some reason...

Sunset Stripped is tough. My advice is to use the quicker bike but lean INTO most of the jumps. The level is designed to give you way too much air on the quick bike but you need that bike to get speed for gold. The only tricky part that might mess up a run is near the end when you have to hit this "dip -> jump over water" at the right speed, if you go too fast you'll over jump it and if you go to slow you'll bunny hop over it. It's the annoying part of that level.

Good News
Trials Evolution developer Redlynx has deployed a fix for the game's user-made track listings, which previously caused popular courses to disappear from rankings.

The game was previously promoting new user tracks with high rankings at the expense of established favourites. Now the amount of user ratings will also be taken into account, Redlynx says, which solves the problem.

"We have worked closely with Microsoft to employ a Track Central fix addressing an issue affecting user-rating balance for player-created tracks," RedLynx spokesman Jason Bates announced in a statement passed to Eurogamer.

"Now the rating scheme better takes into account the number of votes given and therefore those tracks with lots of excellent ratings given will appear higher than those with only a few. We'll continue to work on this and other issues.

daw840

Was anyone having trouble playing multi-player last night?

I kept getting a "game settings corrupt" error message right before the match would start and it would kick everyone off. It wasn't just me either, everyone in my party got the same error.

Daigoro

i played Gigatrack twice in multiplayer yesterday. won them both. Gigatrack is fun as hell vs other people. lots of surprises!

i was ranked 92 last night on multiplayer Trials for about 10 minutes somehow. down to about 130 something now. ive put in some hours. won a good % of them too.

Hardcore is also damn fun, some of the harder tracks are too much for me at times though. gotta get more familiar with them. multiplayer does help with that though! my rank on Hardcore is pretty respectable as well. 1200 something i think.

Supercross is just ok. i much prefer the other modes.

loving it.

Overdoziz

Banned
I've been trying to get Ridinghood on Platinum for the past hour or so and I'm still 0.101 second short. So frustrating.

Edit: Finally! Now I've got all Easy tracks on Platinum. :D

Rawker

Hey guys i uploaded my first test track, its 80% finished technically and like 10% cosmetically.

Track name is "Sorry about stairs"
Username is ST6 Rawker

Let Me know what you think so far, its pretty hard for me and i can gold hard tracks. Im going to try and finish it off technically and then dress it up to look pretty but just need some feedback.

Thanks and good luck

MacBosse

Jesus christ, just took a look in the Red lynx picks of track central ... OMG.

So many good user created tracks my mind is blown. Game of forever!

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
In what ways? Custom camera's can add to the immersion on a track if done right, what are some of things that really annoy you about them?

the basic idea of Trials is a 2D game getting from A to B. The curved racing lines are hard enough to deal with if people use them wrong (which is most people except Red Lynx at this point) but things get especially annoying when the camera is moved off the racing line and placed above, behind, below or in-front of you.

I've yet to actually see a custom track use this feature in a good way. I just downloaded 5 new tracks and they all moved the camera in some stupid arty way which just broke the track. The worst offenders are those who do it when you're in mid air and you need to land a jump. all were rated 0 stars and deleted.

Top Bottom