• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OPM UK hinting at something really, really big.. [Up: Earth shattering game revealed]

Neiteio

Could be Demon's Souls 2, but I think that runs the risk of cannibalizing hype for Dark Souls 2.

Only Shenmue 3 or Half-Life 3 (lol) would be a legendary reveal worthy of the teaser's hype, though.

KOHIPEET

Half-Life 3!

Why?

Because f-ck you! That's why!

Seriously. It's a series that finally makes its way to PS4. So it must be a game that is associated with everything but PS4. Right?

What could it be?

"Confirmed for PS4" seems to imply that it's something that was already hinted at for PS4. Add to it that it's from a series of "massive significance", I think a GTA V port is the most likely candidate.

I'm not sure if people saying Mass Effect are joking or actually serious. They won't reveal that game in a platform specific mag, and the wording doesn't allude to it at all.

Jomjom

Banned
Shenmue and "massive significance" are not words that go together.

I mean maybe if that little blurb in the magazine started with "TO NEOGAF:" then maybe I could see that, because the only people that that series has massive significance to is us.

Why would Mass Effect 4 be such a big deal? I mean is it that big of a deal to reveal first on PS4? We all know itll be on other platforms too so I just dont see it being ME4.

My money's on Crash or Shenmue 3. Umbasa.

Series?

Nah, it's got to be something big.

I'm thinking a GTA port. "Finally" confirmed. It's not like Mass Effect is a confirmation you'd await regarding being on the PS4. It's more likely LittleBigPlanet than Mass Effect.

They could announce it as a Trilogy.They could reveal that Ico,Shadow of the Colossus and Last Guardian are in the same universe.

thefit

Sounds like Mass Effect, its a series and a new one is being worked on also it works with their read between the lines effort.

dugdug

Banned
Can't imagine a new Batman game reveal falls under "one of the biggest ever". We had like, 2 of them just last year.

ciddative

The Arkham series *was* massively significant last gen.

I'm going with Batman

IN SPACE

Can't imagine a new Batman game reveal falls under "one of the biggest ever". We had like, 2 of them just last year.

It says one of the most exciting in OPM history. Next gen Arkham reveal *would* be a bloody big coup for them.

'Massive significance' and 'finally confirmed' implies that it has been hinted at before, I don't think a port of GTA V would make the cover, unless it confirms new single player DLC to go with it.

EBCubs03

Banned
Oh boy it's entry #5 in gaming series #whatever

Video games are so unbelievably boring

Get out while you still can, people

Hoo-doo

Banned
Gran Turismo 7: Prologue?

Although "finally confirmed for the PS4" makes it sound like something that was previously unavailable on Playstation platforms or something, implying it took forever for it to get there.

Syphon Filter actually seems like a decent shout, what with Sony Bend having announced nothing since U:GA, which was finished (released in Japan/Hong Kong) in November 2011.
edit: when is the issue out?

cchum

"Finally" is the key word here. What series is being waited on for PS4?

It's GTA

Edit: Crash does fit too, as it was huge significantly. And heavily rumored.

Kinyou

The Arkham series *was* massively significant last gen.

I'm going with Batman

IN SPACE

It says one of the most exciting in OPM history. Next gen Arkham reveal *would* be a bloody big coup for them.

Batman: Gotham City done by rocksteady would be so sweet....

A-V-B

It's a horrible pun.

By massive significance, they mean they have the first story on Mass Effect 4.

:/

Cute.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Super Rub a Dub 2.

I'm trying not to get swept away on a hype train without knowing the destination.

I wouldn't be surprised. When was the last time a magazine reveal lived up to unreal expectations? Seems about right to not be too excited for this, I suppose.

I don't usually follow up on these kinds of "massive stories", but what percentage of them actually end up being something important?

It seems like there's always some magazine or person hinting at something huge, but nothing of note actually comes out of it.

I'm not sure if people saying Mass Effect are joking or actually serious. They won't reveal that game in a platform specific mag, and the wording doesn't allude to it at all.

Why not? There is definitely precedent for one platform being the lead in advertising despite it being a multiplatform title. Just like they have developers make game announcements at E3 for Sony or MS that are coming to both platforms.

dugdug

Banned
I don't usually follow up on these kinds of "massive stories", but what percentage of them actually end up being something important?

It seems like there's always some magazine or person hinting at something huge, but nothing of note actually comes out of it.

The Last of Us.

Top Bottom