• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Andrew Breitbart has died

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://bigjournalism.com/lsolov/201...campaign=Feed:+BigJournalism+(Big+Journalism)

twitter:

Media publisher, conservative activist Andrew Breitbart dies at 43 from natural causes - @biggovt bit.ly/wtNxd9

With a terrible feeling of pain and loss we announce the passing of Andrew Breitbart.

Andrew passed away unexpectedly from natural causes shortly after midnight this morning in Los Angeles.
We have lost a husband, a father, a son, a brother, a dear friend, a patriot and a happy warrior.
Andrew lived boldly, so that we more timid souls would dare to live freely and fully, and fight for the fragile liberty he showed us how to love.
Andrew recently wrote a new conclusion to his book, Righteous Indignation:
I love my job. I love fighting for what I believe in. I love having fun while doing it. I love reporting stories that the Complex refuses to report. I love fighting back, I love finding allies, and—famously—I enjoy making enemies.
Three years ago, I was mostly a behind-the-scenes guy who linked to stuff on a very popular website. I always wondered what it would be like to enter the public realm to fight for what I believe in. I’ve lost friends, perhaps dozens. But I’ve gained hundreds, thousands—who knows?—of allies. At the end of the day, I can look at myself in the mirror, and I sleep very well at night.
Andrew is at rest, yet the happy warrior lives on, in each of us.

ToxicAdam

Whoa.

That's pretty shocking. He always struck me as a high-energy, intense guy. Wonder if that played a part in his demise.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Wow. I'm stunned.

Hated the guy's politics and how he operated.

But he was young. I feel for his family.

That being said, I hope his happy warrior is not inside me.

no big media is reporting it. the only ones are are Ben from Politico, Breaking News twitter, the Link above and DRUDGEREPORT

Salazar

I sympathise with people who felt close to him. He was ridiculous and contemptible and actively nasty as a man, as a public figure, though.

Zeke

wow thats shocking but wtf at died of natural cause at age 43? Olbermann had been roasing him over the past few weeks.

Agnostic

but believes in Chael
I always thought he was a lot older than 43. Whenever I saw him on a cable channel or Real Time I just assumed he was in his 50s.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Breitbart made a living by convincing people to judge public figures harshly... I don't think doing the same to him is unfair.

We aren't even close to doing what Breitbart has done himself. After Ted Kennedy died:

According to Wikipedia: "In the hours immediately following Senator Ted Kennedy's death, Breitbart called Kennedy a "villain", a "duplicitous bastard", a "prick"[15] and "a special pile of human excrement."[16][17]".

Meadows

Banned
didn't know who he was so watched a couple of his youtube speeches.

seems charismatic although I obviously disagree with him

Just saw this on Drudge. Sad to see someone so young go.

I feel bad for his family and friends and hope they can find peace in this tough time. RIP.

benjipwns

Banned
Breitbart made a living by convincing people to judge public figures harshly... I don't think doing the same to him is unfair.
Brietbart would have liked it that way probably.

He had four young kids though if anyone is the type swayed by that kind of thing.

Jackpot

Banned
Keep in mind this guy did help create Huffingtonpost and found a pro-Gay GOP group.

We aren't even close to doing what Breitbart has done himself. After Ted Kennedy died:

According to Wikipedia: "In the hours immediately following Senator Ted Kennedy's death, Breitbart called Kennedy a "villain", a "duplicitous bastard", a "prick"[15] and "a special pile of human excrement."[16][17]".

Ted did leave that woman to die.

This is sad that someone who was so young died. I don´t agree with his politics but I think he has had a big effect and an important one on journalism, especially online.

KingGondo

Banned

He was pretty vile.

I'm not gonna slander his family or anything, but the guy was very symbolic of the American Right during this era. Maybe his death will signal the beginning of a return to sanity.

Not likely.

benjipwns

Banned
Maybe his death will signal the beginning of a return to sanity.
Why would it ever?
Nah, he's still a terrible person.

Felt bad for his kids before he even died.
I don't know anything terrible he's ever done so I can't judge.

I can't speak to his parenthood, he seemed nice enough when he appeared with his kids.

I just thought it faux-relevant since lots of GAF likes to flee from criticism when kids/families are involved.

ChiTownBuffalo

Brinbe

Wow, that's kind of shocking, but he did look a bit off when I saw him on CNN a week ago. Terrible that he died, but as others have already stated, he said/wrote a lot of shameful things.

marrec

Banned
Wow, that's kind of shocking. Terrible that he died, but as others have said, he said/wrote a lot of shameful things.

I've said a lot of shameful things, luckily when I die I won't be famous enough for someone to call me a terrible person.

ChiTownBuffalo

I'm an unreasonable optimist.

Knowing the far right media in this country, they'll double down on the most horrible things he did or said and glorify him for it.

ZZ6CB317EE.jpg

benjipwns

Banned
I'm an unreasonable optimist.

Knowing the far right media in this country, they'll double down on the most horrible things he did or said and glorify him for it.
He didn't die from these "horrible things" so I don't see the causation really.

Use the huffingtonpost?

Nope and the article that explained his relationship to Arianna Huffington made me view him as even more vile. The rhetoric he used in his "reporting" vilified anyone to the left of Hitler as deserving of abuse and ridicule.

Meanwhile, he got his start and made his initial money working for a connected, liberal socialite; if only his followers had the critical thinking ability to look beyond the bullshit he dribbled out his fat, hairy ass into their frothy, gap-toothed mouths.

I was going to play nice, but I read his quotes about Ted Kennedy.

ezekial45

Banned
That's too bad. 43 is such a young age to go out on. I didn't really like him as a media personality, but this is still unfortunate to hear.

The last I heard from him was when he claimed to have some shocking evidence of Obama doing something bad ior something, and that he was going to release it during the election.

owlbeak

Just read about who the hell this was. This guy had recently stated he had some sort of videos of Obama that would be detrimental to him. Something from college or something.

Conspiracy time! He was assassinated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom