• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castle of Illusion appears on Brazilian Ratings site for 360/PS3/PSV/Wii U

BlackJace

images

Preferable ^

That must have looked badass as fuck back in the day.

Doubt it, they probably just had realistic expectations....or else i dont see why they would continue supporting the plattform. Seems to make more sense for them than trying their luck on 3DS.
Monkey Ball 3DS alone shipped more units than VT, SMB and Sonic Racing Vita combined. The projection for Sonic Racing 3DS is also higher than those 3 combined.

I think Takao's right, JSR must've beaten expectations to keep the digital support going.

Tizoc

Virtua Tennis and Sonic Racing both megabombed going by shipment info from Sega's IR reports. So did Monkey Ball.

Project Diva did okay though, as did Samurai & Dragons evidently.

Uh Sonic Racing Transformed was their top selling game based on their recent Q1 report.

Dachande

A Castle, World of Illusion and Mickey Mania threepack? I'd buy it. But not one on its own, Sega.

Also any collection with Quackshot in it.

SmokyDave

Monkey Ball 3DS alone shipped more units than VT, SMB and Sonic Racing Vita combined. The projection for Sonic Racing 3DS is also higher than those 3 combined.

I think Takao's right, JSR must've beaten expectations to keep the digital support going.
Have you seen Sonic Racing 3DS?

Perhaps they just can't bear to present their games in that manner, financially successful or otherwise.

None of those games seem high budget to me(with two of them being cheap direct ports). How well do you think those titles have done digitally and do you think Sega made a decent amount of money off of them?

Tizoc

A Castle, World of Illusion and Mickey Mania threepack? I'd buy it. But not one on its own, Sega.

Also any collection with Quackshot in it.

Well on the PS3 they released the games seperately, but I'd get all of them day 1 if they got a PSN release XP.

BTW didn't some GAFfers make a thread about what classic SEGA games they want to see on XBL and such? They even made custom XBL images for them.

Uh Sonic Racing Transformed was their top selling game based on their recent Q1 report.
Vita version.

Have you seen Sonic Racing 3DS?

Perhaps they just can't bear to present their games in that manner, financially successful or otherwise.
I doubt looks matter. Sonic Racing DS outsold all the console versions (plus PC) combined. Actually, DS, Wii and iOS were the only platforms that game didn't totally bomb on too.

None of those games seem high budget to me(with two of them being cheap direct ports). How well do you think those titles have done digitally and do you think Sega made a decent amount of money off of them?
No clue, but according to a Sega rep 10% digital is the Vita average (which Miku at least exceeded going by the same rep).

It's also a little unclear if digital is included in their IR report figures for "consumer games" shipments or not. Based on Miku though (260k), I'm guessing they are.

As for this though, a low cost MD emulation is pretty low risk, so why not. Nice to know Sega will be back for Wii U Virtual Console.

Richie

Everyone's going on about Quackshot, but was Maui Mallard any good? Please inform this Donald Duck fan.

itshappening.gif

Nice to see that Sega's willing to get some of their work based on licensed properties in the digital space. I hope this is handled by M2.

Secretly I hope they also include the Master System version of Castle as well.

Better than the Genesis version, in my opinion.

I'd love to see Land of Illusion, too.

Oh my gosh very exciting news. I was really hoping for an M2 Collection of world and castle, and maybe a second collection of the master system titles!

It definitely was. Play the game! Better than Castle in my opinion.

While I could always appreciate the concepts and look of this game, as Mickey Mania in the US, it was totally inferior to the tight gameplay of Sega's Illusion games. Hate the 80s-90s Euro-style computer platformer and its pass-thru/poison skin collision.

Muzzy

I had good times with this title on Genesis but I hope it's part of a vintage collection because that game is damn too short.

Eusis

What the hell is up with that box art.
Looks more like Mickey goes to hell to beat Santans ass....
I kinda like it
Uhhh, David Jaffe made that one? We would've gotten it in the US if they didn't see it was a PAL game and went "WHAT DO WE DO!?" and gave up on it.

Though if Sega gets to release these I hope Capcom can too. Actually makes me wonder if with Epic Disney completely tanking that Disney's now looking to exhume the older games that people are fond of?
And maybe they'll just license new games to those that'll do a good job...

Rikkun

Everyone's going on about Quackshot, but was Maui Mallard any good? Please inform this Donald Duck fan.

It was... kinda good. Way harder then Quackshot but to me it lacked some style.. Always seemed similar to Earthworm Jim 2 (didn't like it lol)

If it does turn out to be a collection, I hope they include Legend of Illusion in there too! Never got to play that one.

What, I've never tried this, damn.

Legend of Illusion isn't as good as the other Illusion games, but still pretty damned solid. It's worth a playthrough, in my opinion.

khaaan

Please be true.

Not that I particularly care for Castle of Illusion, actually I've never played it. World of Illusion is where all my childhood memories are so if Castle does well hopefully it means World is on its way.

Well, I just rebought my Genesis cart some months ago (trying to build up my old childhood collection) but I will buy this day one for 360 and Vita.

Legend of Illusion isn't as good as the other Illusion games, but still pretty damned solid. It's worth a playthrough, in my opinion.

I could never figure out how to defeat
Pete
. : (

Game had a really great sense of progression though. Felt awesome
restoring the dead tree of life and floating down the vibrant river of time

How are these games brought over to the Vita? Just emulation with filter options?

Castle was actually my first ever console game if you don't count the 2600.

Harlock

Fantasia? God I hope not.
That game is absolute shit.

Castle/World/Quackshot, then another bundle with the SMS/GG games. That would be perfect.

I don´t think Sega will fix the controls, but Fantasia is not that bad.

Quack I remember look at screenshots and thinking "hey, look like a real cartoon".

rom_1163844315_donald.jpg

Top Bottom