• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PCSX2 - Excellent PS2 emulation, support improving all the time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SarBear

yanhero said:
Do you want to load a game from your dvd drive? or load it from an iso?

I'm running from .ISO. I downloaded the newest revision and it seems it was pretty much configured to go. Just had to check a couple of other boxes, but everything is ok. The only thing I can't figure out is how to get my PS3 controller to work with this program. I downloaded the plugin and clicked only once to install it, but I can't get it to function.

Anyone have any ideas?

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
SarBear said:
I'm running from .ISO. I downloaded the newest revision and it seems it was pretty much configured to go. Just had to check a couple of other boxes, but everything is ok. The only thing I can't figure out is how to get my PS3 controller to work with this program. I downloaded the plugin and clicked only once to install it, but I can't get it to function.

Anyone have any ideas?
Did you download the USB driver for Windows?

MCD

Anyone know how to get rid of these lines when using GSdx 890 as the graphics plugin with Street Fighter 3rd Strike (Anniversary)?

see picture:

2n84xex.jpg

running it via ZeroGS 0.97.1 solves the issue but I get tearing and slowdown every now and then, not sure if GSdx 890 would perform better but it's worth a try if I can get rid of these weird lines.

my specs:

Windows 7 32bit RC
ATI 4850 (software driver 9.7)
Quad Core Q8200
3 gigs RAM

darkwings

Banned
MCD said:
Anyone know how to get rid of these lines when using GSdx 890 as the graphics plugin with Street Fighter 3rd Strike (Anniversary)?

see picture:

2n84xex.jpg

running it via ZeroGS 0.97.1 solves the issue but I get tearing and slowdown every now and then, not sure if GSdx 890 would perform better but it's worth a try if I can get rid of these weird lines.

my specs:

Windows 7 32bit RC
Quad Core Q8200
3 gigs RAM

dude, GSDX 890 is hella old. Newest around 1500-1600 are a lot better.

go here

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html

MCD

Setting D3D internal res. to Native (DirectX 10) with GSdx 1476 fixed the problem.

:bow darkwings :bow2

Datrio

Oh, hey, I got a question. I'm playing FFXII on my Macbook Pro, the game is running pretty good (sadly not in full HD, but I'll live), but the FMVs are viewed incorrectly (and I mean it). Switching to Software DirectX display mode fixes it, even though the FMVs are choppy then.

Anyone maybe has a fix for that?

Datrio

Yeah, I just said the model so you'll know around what specs I have.

The game plays flawlessly so far, apart from the FMVs :/

Mrbob

Interesting, I read you literally finish Foreign Legion in 10 minutes. Way too short.

Developer will be offering free DLC...but who knows when it will hit?

I've seen a number of people here say that you should run games off the harddrive because it's much improved over the disc.

I, uh...how

I can rip the game disc as an ISO (or .bin or .nrg), but PCSX seems to only take .elf files, which I've never heard of, or the game disc in the tray. What am I missing?

Edit: Nevermind, I finally figured it out.

Dascu

I'm getting this awkward shadow issue with Shadow of the Colossus. Anyway to get rid of it?

By the way, is Zone of the Enders 2 playable on this?

Parham

Banned
Has Okami's display issue been addressed? I remember trying to emulate the game a few months back, but a small graphical glitch, which gave the game a green overlay, kept me from being able to play it.

KillerAJD

MCD said:

see picture:

img

my specs:

Windows 7 32bit RC
Quad Core Q8200
3 gigs RAM

How well do games play on your system? I have the Q8200 as well (but a 4870) and I'd like to know how it would perform.

FoxSpirit

azentium said:
Has Okami's display issue been addressed? I remember trying to emulate the game a few months back, but a small graphical glitch, which gave the game a green overlay, kept me from being able to play it.

Yeah, tried Okami for a bit, looked great and ran very well.

Zenith

Banned
Dascu said:
I'm getting this awkward shadow issue with Shadow of the Colossus. Anyway to get rid of it?

By the way, is Zone of the Enders 2 playable on this?

more demanding than most games but I think the latest build got rid of the 1fps error when you encounter other detailed mechs.

ArjanN

WARP10CK said:
Its too bad you need a beast of a pc to run any game at a playable speed

Nah, mostly for the games that pushed the PS2 a lot like MGS3 and such. There's also a lot of PS2 games that aren't that demanding.

This emu runs amazingly on my brother's PC. Mine is crappy though, and can barely manage 8fps on Final Fantasy X, even with speedhacks.

Need a new PC :p

Zenith

Banned
hwateber said:
does this thing run Ico well?

no. it's one that throws up loads of problems. when it works it works 60fps ultra-smooth but there are so many things in the game that'll cause the emu to crash.

I'm running a Core i7 @ 2.67 GHZ and a GTX 275 and everything runs nicely. I have a couple frame drops, but I imagine that it's either due to the fact that I have to tweak the settings a bit, because the code is optimized for a Core 2 Duo, or my clock speed is too low (maybe!).

Clevinger said:
No, it's because the emulator is years away from being finished/completely optimized. A better CPU doesn't necessarily mean better FPS. It'll only run as well as the emulator is currently able.
Or this, too.

Clevinger

U K Narayan said:
I'm running a Core i7 @ 2.67 GHZ and a GTX 275 and everything runs nicely. I have a couple frame drops, but I imagine that it's either due to the fact that I have to tweak the settings a bit, because the code is optimized for a Core 2 Duo, or my clock speed is too low (maybe!).

No, it's because the emulator is years away from being finished/completely optimized. A better CPU doesn't necessarily mean better FPS. It'll only run as well as the emulator is currently able.

surazal

Extremely impressed with this new build. VP: Silmeria is playable now with all the speedhacks. Artifacts in the dungeon sidescrolling maps but 100% fps in battle. Maybe one day I'll try out the undub.

Mr Jared

Truespeed said:
I just grabbed the new beta. It just came with the ISO loader. What happened to the DVD plugin?

Doh, I was right about to ask about this. I'm thinking of reinstalling my DVD drive back into my arcade cab and was wondering, can I run games directly off the original disc, or do I have to rip them to the computer?

Papa needs some Capcom vs SNK 2 on the cab :lol

Aaron

Mr Jared said:
Doh, I was right about to ask about this. I'm thinking of reinstalling my DVD drive back into my arcade cab and was wondering, can I run games directly off the original disc, or do I have to rip them to the computer?

Papa needs some Capcom vs SNK 2 on the cab :lol
Last time I used the emu it was straight off the disc. I even made an iso and didn't notice any difference other than the initial loading.

Can someone help me with God of War? I have an 8800 Ultra, a Q6600, and played SotC at mostly 60fps and can also play Persona 3/4 at a constant 60fps - but God of War plays at about 15fps which is completely unplayable. I've toyed with Speed Hacks putting some of them on, all of them on, and none of them on, but it is always mega-slow.

hwateber said:
does this thing run Ico well?

I played it from start to finish perfectly, and have read similar reports of people doing so. It was a bitch to get it to work in the first place, but when I did the game ran flawlessly.

MCD

KillerAJD said:
How well do games play on your system? I have the Q8200 as well (but a 4870) and I'd like to know how it would perform.
I only tried SF 3rd Strike (Anniversary) and it performed flawlessly with the latest beta and that with ATI 9.7 drivers, 9.8 is out now and it should even be better.

Zenith

Banned
I just grabbed the new beta.

by new beta do you mean the July build because I can't see any updates?

darkpaladinmfc said:
I played it from start to finish perfectly, and have read similar reports of people doing so. It was a bitch to get it to work in the first place, but when I did the game ran flawlessly.

is there a settings page I could view? Every time green lightning showed up in the intro it was insta-crash.

G_Berry

Banned
Holy crap, looks like im in over my head with this ps2 emulation shit.

Can someone post links to the essential files I need to get started please?

Zenith

Banned
darkwings said:
new betas are made almost every day. Learn how to look before making comments.

I know about the svn builds, I meant one supported by the pcsx2 team. Are you still butthurt over the Grin thing?

Duelist

ShockingAlberto said:
I got it running!!

60fps, 1080p (for internal, too), and working with my gamepad

What are your system specs? I was thinking of building a high-end gaming PC and I figured it might as well be able to play my PS2 games since my PS2 broke.

Zenith said:
is there a settings page I could view? Every time green lightning showed up in the intro it was insta-crash.
ico.jpg

ico1.jpg

ico3.jpg

ico2.jpg

Its on PCSX2 0.9.6 and no speed hacks or gamefixes are enabled. Runs flawlessly, just tried it again.

AppleBlade

It's going to be awesome a few years when integrated GPU's will be able to handle this. Heck, I remember when N64 and PSX emulators needed a powerful computer now any budget laptop can run them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom